ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Delivery on a round where you live

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Delivery on a round where you live

Post by number one »

LaggyBand wrote:
postietom wrote:As others have said, this is rubbish. Loads of our posties do and I have done my own house previously. It's great for a toilet stop or taking your meal relief in comfort! The only time I've ever signed for a customers parcel was my wives as I opened my own door and put it inside.
Unacceptable. If she denies receipt you could be sacked. It isn’t worth the risk. Remember, she is not your wife when in uniform, the sender is everything, notworththeriskworktotimeworktorulePDAactualsnoemotions.
“She not your wife when in uniform” are you for real?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Delivery on a round where you live

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

qw wrote:Hi heard a long time ago (don’t know if this this a myth or a just a very old outdated rule) that you aren’t allowed to deliver where you live. Has anyone heard about this?
No its a myth. In fact, there is a process for posties to extract their own mail so I can't see why they would ban such a practice.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Delivery on a round where you live

Post by LaggyBand »

number one wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:
postietom wrote:As others have said, this is rubbish. Loads of our posties do and I have done my own house previously. It's great for a toilet stop or taking your meal relief in comfort! The only time I've ever signed for a customers parcel was my wives as I opened my own door and put it inside.
Unacceptable. If she denies receipt you could be sacked. It isn’t worth the risk. Remember, she is not your wife when in uniform, the sender is everything, notworththeriskworktotimeworktorulePDAactualsnoemotions.
“She not your wife when in uniform” are you for real?
Haha knew I’d get someone!
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Delivery on a round where you live

Post by fb1969 »

I delivered to myself for about a year and it was a pain - I was never in when I knocked :crazy:
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4116
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Delivery on a round where you live

Post by ted_e_bear »

fb1969 wrote:I delivered to myself for about a year and it was a pain - I was never in when I knocked :crazy:
Same here, told myself to get stuffed no I'm not taking a parcel in for a neighbour.
Mind you did have its advantages the woman at my house had a bit of a reputation for "looking after" the postie !
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Delivery on a round where you live

Post by Woody Guthrie »

I haven't had any D2D for years.
Only dead fish follow the current