“She not your wife when in uniform” are you for real?LaggyBand wrote:Unacceptable. If she denies receipt you could be sacked. It isn’t worth the risk. Remember, she is not your wife when in uniform, the sender is everything, notworththeriskworktotimeworktorulePDAactualsnoemotions.postietom wrote:As others have said, this is rubbish. Loads of our posties do and I have done my own house previously. It's great for a toilet stop or taking your meal relief in comfort! The only time I've ever signed for a customers parcel was my wives as I opened my own door and put it inside.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Delivery on a round where you live
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Delivery on a round where you live
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Delivery on a round where you live
No its a myth. In fact, there is a process for posties to extract their own mail so I can't see why they would ban such a practice.qw wrote:Hi heard a long time ago (don’t know if this this a myth or a just a very old outdated rule) that you aren’t allowed to deliver where you live. Has anyone heard about this?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Delivery on a round where you live
Haha knew I’d get someone!number one wrote:“She not your wife when in uniform” are you for real?LaggyBand wrote:Unacceptable. If she denies receipt you could be sacked. It isn’t worth the risk. Remember, she is not your wife when in uniform, the sender is everything, notworththeriskworktotimeworktorulePDAactualsnoemotions.postietom wrote:As others have said, this is rubbish. Loads of our posties do and I have done my own house previously. It's great for a toilet stop or taking your meal relief in comfort! The only time I've ever signed for a customers parcel was my wives as I opened my own door and put it inside.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Delivery on a round where you live
I delivered to myself for about a year and it was a pain - I was never in when I knocked 
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4116
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Delivery on a round where you live
Same here, told myself to get stuffed no I'm not taking a parcel in for a neighbour.fb1969 wrote:I delivered to myself for about a year and it was a pain - I was never in when I knocked
Mind you did have its advantages the woman at my house had a bit of a reputation for "looking after" the postie !
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Delivery on a round where you live
I haven't had any D2D for years.
Only dead fish follow the current