postietom wrote:CPTNemoUK wrote:bensonhedge wrote:postietom wrote:Two payments of 100 notes, on top of the 61 hours worked last week makes for a nice wage slip. Been a killer though, I just want it over with now.
People in our DO full time with 60 hrs overtime last week
I don't know how you people do it physically/ mentally. Fair play to you. I've had my fingers burnt too many times for me to do overtime.
I'll confess it's been challenging this last couple of weeks. I never take a rest day and do 5 collections a week most weeks, but the last 10 or so days have been insane in terms of volumes. The last 2 days I've just not been there mentally; even went to deliver a parcel into the wrong street the other day which is unheard of for me. Physically and mentally I'm shattered and am just glad the Christmas pressure is over.
This is my second Christmas with RM and I learned my lesson last time, eating up all that creamy docket and burning myself out. This time I've paced myself. Start on time after taking kids to school (didn't have to do that last year) and giving them an hour overtime every day except Saturdays. What doesn't get done comes back ...not my problem. I put in a good shift, not my worry that I'd have to stay out til six to clear it and I don't want to
Result? No stress, smile on my face and looking forward to Christmas day with my family. I'm lucky I guess, being old enough to stand up for myself and money no longer being my god. I've been looking at and talking to some of my colleagues past couple of days and they're f***ing frazzled, man. It's the newbies I feel so sorry for, they being in the same situation as I was last year. Management taking the piss and dumping all over them cos they know they're too worried about probationary periods to say no.
Several people have said it on here past few weeks and they're so right. It's about finding that right mindset. I'm so glad I have.
Merry Christmas, everyone.

Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.