ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

easiest monday

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
panch1989
Posts: 104
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 07:44
Gender: Male

easiest monday

Post by panch1989 »

Work to my contract time... I don't get paid enough to worry about which street isn't getting delivered to today. That's for dim and dimmers to worry about.
hans solo
Posts: 3291
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

easiest monday

Post by hans solo »

were in scotland maybe they have been deliberately holding mail back
packets have been busy but they have been going out with others
rangers and celtic played on sunday so maybe not enough staff in glasgow to sort :left:
xmas cards well down
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

easiest monday

Post by glenfiddich »

I've noticed more yodel and Amazon drivers in our area so we're not lumbered with their excess parcels that they can't cope with
Lou84
Posts: 162
Joined: 09 May 2012, 21:42
Gender: Female

easiest monday

Post by Lou84 »

Was a s**t Monday for us, left two loops !!!
Got asked last week why I'm not prepared to go over my time :hmmmm because I don't want too :Very Happy
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

easiest monday

Post by maisymoo04 »

am same dazzer I have refused collections .parcels etc not intrested no more :cuppa :cuppa
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

easiest monday

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I think we all need to bear in mind that there's a 1000 different Delivery Offices across the country...... and every one is different. We're always going to get differences in Mail Volume. I think the only thing we can all do is "Work Properly". Look after yourself both physically & mentally, refuse to be pressured into working overtime, and force Royal Mail into resourcing Christmas properly in the future. :hmmmm

23,000 extra staff taken on for Christmas .... and not one extra on Delivery. :shock: It doesn't matter how big the "Funnel" is, or how quickly you pour stuff into it, you're still going to end up with a Postie walking up a road with an arm full of parcels. I realise parcels is the growth element within the business... it's a shame the Management don't. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
The Postman
Posts: 267
Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
Gender: Male

easiest monday

Post by The Postman »

Daveg50 wrote:To all the lucky people who have had, or think this Christmas is light, YOU ARE NOT working in our area we have been absolutely shafted for the last two week. Thousands of cards and thousands of parcels. Average finishing time is 17.00 to 17.30. 2 to 3 hours overtime per person and Saturday was the worst day ever with the weather and volume of mail and parcels. Sorry not a good Christmas in our area.
You must be in my office then! :Very Happy
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

easiest monday

Post by Postie45 »

Dorset Plodder wrote: I think the only thing we can all do is "Work Properly". Look after yourself both physically & mentally, refuse to be pressured into working overtime, and force Royal Mail into resourcing Christmas properly in the future.
too late for that, all of the people in my office who have been moaning all year, and now moaning about xmas volumes all decided to work OT anyway even though they "dont want to" :arrrghhh
twoloops
Posts: 2041
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

easiest monday

Post by twoloops »

Not done a stroke of overtime this Christmas, given away minimum 2 maximum 5 loops everyday, regardless, been a very easy Christmas for me & my partner, my day off is Saturday long weekend, best job I have ever had, I love it, Happy Christmas all :dance
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

easiest monday

Post by CPTNemoUK »

mattycash wrote:Not done a stroke of overtime this Christmas, given away minimum 2 maximum 5 loops everyday, regardless, been a very easy Christmas for me & my partner, my day off is Saturday long weekend, best job I have ever had, I love it, Happy Christmas all :dance
Same with me. I've prob gone over 1 hr all Christmas. Been bringing back 1-3 loops every day. I could of gone over 15 mins today and clear the walk, but brought back a loop instead and finished on time.:nana
Ralph Wiggum
Posts: 76
Joined: 25 Nov 2008, 15:01
Gender: Male

easiest monday

Post by Ralph Wiggum »

Same here, easiest xmas ive ever had, cut off every day since November :nana
Smith1212
Posts: 161
Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
Gender: Male

easiest monday

Post by Smith1212 »

I’m the same I’m finished on my time ! If my partner wants to stay out in the dark and finish that’s his own choice.ive got kids to get from school :thumbup