ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
easiest monday
-
panch1989
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 07:44
- Gender: Male
easiest monday
Work to my contract time... I don't get paid enough to worry about which street isn't getting delivered to today. That's for dim and dimmers to worry about.
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3291
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
easiest monday
were in scotland maybe they have been deliberately holding mail back
packets have been busy but they have been going out with others
rangers and celtic played on sunday so maybe not enough staff in glasgow to sort
xmas cards well down
packets have been busy but they have been going out with others
rangers and celtic played on sunday so maybe not enough staff in glasgow to sort
xmas cards well down
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
easiest monday
I've noticed more yodel and Amazon drivers in our area so we're not lumbered with their excess parcels that they can't cope with
-
Lou84
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 09 May 2012, 21:42
- Gender: Female
easiest monday
Was a s**t Monday for us, left two loops !!!
Got asked last week why I'm not prepared to go over my time
because I don't want too 
Got asked last week why I'm not prepared to go over my time
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
easiest monday
am same dazzer I have refused collections .parcels etc not intrested no more

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
easiest monday
I think we all need to bear in mind that there's a 1000 different Delivery Offices across the country...... and every one is different. We're always going to get differences in Mail Volume. I think the only thing we can all do is "Work Properly". Look after yourself both physically & mentally, refuse to be pressured into working overtime, and force Royal Mail into resourcing Christmas properly in the future.
23,000 extra staff taken on for Christmas .... and not one extra on Delivery.
It doesn't matter how big the "Funnel" is, or how quickly you pour stuff into it, you're still going to end up with a Postie walking up a road with an arm full of parcels. I realise parcels is the growth element within the business... it's a shame the Management don't. 
23,000 extra staff taken on for Christmas .... and not one extra on Delivery.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
The Postman
- Posts: 267
- Joined: 10 May 2017, 14:41
- Gender: Male
easiest monday
You must be in my office then!Daveg50 wrote:To all the lucky people who have had, or think this Christmas is light, YOU ARE NOT working in our area we have been absolutely shafted for the last two week. Thousands of cards and thousands of parcels. Average finishing time is 17.00 to 17.30. 2 to 3 hours overtime per person and Saturday was the worst day ever with the weather and volume of mail and parcels. Sorry not a good Christmas in our area.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
easiest monday
too late for that, all of the people in my office who have been moaning all year, and now moaning about xmas volumes all decided to work OT anyway even though they "dont want to" :arrrghhhDorset Plodder wrote: I think the only thing we can all do is "Work Properly". Look after yourself both physically & mentally, refuse to be pressured into working overtime, and force Royal Mail into resourcing Christmas properly in the future.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2041
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
easiest monday
Not done a stroke of overtime this Christmas, given away minimum 2 maximum 5 loops everyday, regardless, been a very easy Christmas for me & my partner, my day off is Saturday long weekend, best job I have ever had, I love it, Happy Christmas all 
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
easiest monday
Same with me. I've prob gone over 1 hr all Christmas. Been bringing back 1-3 loops every day. I could of gone over 15 mins today and clear the walk, but brought back a loop instead and finished on time.mattycash wrote:Not done a stroke of overtime this Christmas, given away minimum 2 maximum 5 loops everyday, regardless, been a very easy Christmas for me & my partner, my day off is Saturday long weekend, best job I have ever had, I love it, Happy Christmas all
-
Ralph Wiggum
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 25 Nov 2008, 15:01
- Gender: Male
easiest monday
Same here, easiest xmas ive ever had, cut off every day since November 
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
easiest monday
I’m the same I’m finished on my time ! If my partner wants to stay out in the dark and finish that’s his own choice.ive got kids to get from school 