ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Swings and roundabouts!
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Swings and roundabouts!
It all depends on how your office operates; some are simply not allowed to leave early even if it means sitting in the canteen untill your finish time, if that case I have NO issue with people refusing to go even a minute over. The trouble is in my office I find people want to finish smack on time when it's busy yet still expect to be allowed to disapear hours early Monday, Tuesday and Saturday. It's one way or the other.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Swings and roundabouts!
What it it was an hour. Would that make a difference. Me thinks it would.....clashcityrocker wrote:Of course it does.hothothot wrote:Swings and roundabouts it doesn't exist in royal mail. You only have to work your allocated hours and no more.
If I finish 10 minutes early one day, I wouldn't bother claiming if I went 10 minutes over the next day.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Swings and roundabouts!
Finishing 10 minutes early or 10 minutes late is not something that can be resourced out of the system. No amount of planning can remove those variations. That's why any reasonable employee would work on a swings and roundabouts basis.Navalron wrote:What it it was an hour. Would that make a difference. Me thinks it would.....
Finishing an hour early or an hour late should be resourced properly by management, it's not an acceptable variation and it's unreasonable to expect frontline staff to do that for them.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Swings and roundabouts!
I TOTALLY AGREE with you and that's why I put the question out there. And now that someone has answered it to my satisfaction I'm going to go and have a beer, or four, lol.....Woody Guthrie wrote:Finishing 10 minutes early or 10 minutes late is not something that can be resourced out of the system. No amount of planning can remove those variations. That's why any reasonable employee would work on a swings and roundabouts basis.Navalron wrote:What it it was an hour. Would that make a difference. Me thinks it would.....
Finishing an hour early or an hour late should be resourced properly by management, it's not an acceptable variation and it's unreasonable to expect frontline staff to do that for them.
-
matthew68
- Posts: 516
- Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
- Gender: Male
Swings and roundabouts!
i know the job will swing but Dom detests paring protracted saying it’s not in budget and if you finish early Tuesday should stay on Wednesday,I don’t mind 20 mins but anymore I won’t do I mean why can’t they sort mail centres out to give us more Tuesday and less Wednesday then we wouldn’t have this problem,so I now cut of !Navalron wrote:I TOTALLY AGREE with you and that's why I put the question out there. And now that someone has answered it to my satisfaction I'm going to go and have a beer, or four, lol.....Woody Guthrie wrote:Finishing 10 minutes early or 10 minutes late is not something that can be resourced out of the system. No amount of planning can remove those variations. That's why any reasonable employee would work on a swings and roundabouts basis.Navalron wrote:What it it was an hour. Would that make a difference. Me thinks it would.....
Finishing an hour early or an hour late should be resourced properly by management, it's not an acceptable variation and it's unreasonable to expect frontline staff to do that for them.![]()
![]()
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3724
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Swings and roundabouts!
Does everybody who is willing to run with this 5 - 20 mins 'swings and roundabouts' get their compulsory 30 mins WTLL every week?