ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Swings and roundabouts!

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Swings and roundabouts!

Post by Seymour Buts »

It all depends on how your office operates; some are simply not allowed to leave early even if it means sitting in the canteen untill your finish time, if that case I have NO issue with people refusing to go even a minute over. The trouble is in my office I find people want to finish smack on time when it's busy yet still expect to be allowed to disapear hours early Monday, Tuesday and Saturday. It's one way or the other.
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Swings and roundabouts!

Post by Navalron »

clashcityrocker wrote:
hothothot wrote:Swings and roundabouts it doesn't exist in royal mail. You only have to work your allocated hours and no more.
Of course it does.
If I finish 10 minutes early one day, I wouldn't bother claiming if I went 10 minutes over the next day.
What it it was an hour. Would that make a difference. Me thinks it would..... :cuppa
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Swings and roundabouts!

Post by Woody Guthrie »

Navalron wrote:What it it was an hour. Would that make a difference. Me thinks it would..... :cuppa
Finishing 10 minutes early or 10 minutes late is not something that can be resourced out of the system. No amount of planning can remove those variations. That's why any reasonable employee would work on a swings and roundabouts basis.

Finishing an hour early or an hour late should be resourced properly by management, it's not an acceptable variation and it's unreasonable to expect frontline staff to do that for them.
Only dead fish follow the current
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Swings and roundabouts!

Post by Navalron »

Woody Guthrie wrote:
Navalron wrote:What it it was an hour. Would that make a difference. Me thinks it would..... :cuppa
Finishing 10 minutes early or 10 minutes late is not something that can be resourced out of the system. No amount of planning can remove those variations. That's why any reasonable employee would work on a swings and roundabouts basis.

Finishing an hour early or an hour late should be resourced properly by management, it's not an acceptable variation and it's unreasonable to expect frontline staff to do that for them.
I TOTALLY AGREE with you and that's why I put the question out there. And now that someone has answered it to my satisfaction I'm going to go and have a beer, or four, lol..... :thumbup :nana :roll:
matthew68
Posts: 516
Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
Gender: Male

Swings and roundabouts!

Post by matthew68 »

Navalron wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:
Navalron wrote:What it it was an hour. Would that make a difference. Me thinks it would..... :cuppa
Finishing 10 minutes early or 10 minutes late is not something that can be resourced out of the system. No amount of planning can remove those variations. That's why any reasonable employee would work on a swings and roundabouts basis.

Finishing an hour early or an hour late should be resourced properly by management, it's not an acceptable variation and it's unreasonable to expect frontline staff to do that for them.
I TOTALLY AGREE with you and that's why I put the question out there. And now that someone has answered it to my satisfaction I'm going to go and have a beer, or four, lol..... :thumbup :nana :roll:
i know the job will swing but Dom detests paring protracted saying it’s not in budget and if you finish early Tuesday should stay on Wednesday,I don’t mind 20 mins but anymore I won’t do I mean why can’t they sort mail centres out to give us more Tuesday and less Wednesday then we wouldn’t have this problem,so I now cut of !
yellowbelly
Posts: 3724
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Swings and roundabouts!

Post by yellowbelly »

Does everybody who is willing to run with this 5 - 20 mins 'swings and roundabouts' get their compulsory 30 mins WTLL every week?