Start at 10 in morning?south London postie wrote:Genuine q, how would this work given the agreed reduction to 35 hours?SpacePhoenix wrote: If LAT takes off then I reckon 17:00 finishes will happen within two years
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas come early :-/
-
matthew68
- Posts: 517
- Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
- Gender: Male
Christmas come early :-/
-
DrSatan
- Posts: 144
- Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
- Gender: Male
Christmas come early :-/
We'd start later.south London postie wrote:Genuine q, how would this work given the agreed reduction to 35 hours?SpacePhoenix wrote: If LAT takes off then I reckon 17:00 finishes will happen within two years
-
scoobymunster
- Posts: 346
- Joined: 30 Mar 2011, 00:39
- Gender: Male
Christmas come early :-/
Given that MC to DO runs and OPGs returning to depot would both be hitting rush hour traffic, a 5pm finish has disaster written all over it.
-
Mailman300
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Apr 2017, 09:10
- Gender: Male
Christmas come early :-/
That would mean less time on delivery, due to getting through teatime traffic to finish on time.leolion855 wrote:will a 5pm finifsh time come?, i can imagine thousands of pt staff leaving at that point.Interested-seeker wrote:It will be worse when the later starting times come in. No one is going to want to do extra when they are being made to finish at 5pm.Postie45 wrote:Im hearing that from many posties at my place, all goodwill is gone, and people are tired after doing their mammoth deliveries to do any extra anyway.Sir Henry wrote: This year they can f**k themselves with a sharp stick if they thnk I'm working myself to the bone to drag their sorry arses out of the s**t. All goodwill has gone
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Christmas come early :-/
Not sure it's any different from regular Novembers to be honest, crap! Particularly from now, next week will be terrible I reckon. I've always hated November because volumes head towards Christmas pressure levels but without any of the the support that December brings. January is similar, it's awful. Lapsing is ludacrous; anybody asked to do it this time of year needs to say no.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Christmas come early :-/
We have extra early IPS from next week onwards but I don't think we will be allowed to book any overtime until mid-December.postietom wrote:Not sure it's any different from regular Novembers to be honest, crap! Particularly from now, next week will be terrible I reckon. I've always hated November because volumes head towards Christmas pressure levels but without any of the the support that December brings. January is similar, it's awful. Lapsing is ludacrous; anybody asked to do it this time of year needs to say no.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Christmas come early :-/
RM would still like to do this but I don't think it will happen .south London postie wrote:Genuine q, how would this work given the agreed reduction to 35 hours?SpacePhoenix wrote: If LAT takes off then I reckon 17:00 finishes will happen within two years
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Christmas come early :-/
"not allowed to book any overtime" ?! than im "not allowed to extend" :nanaCelgar wrote: We have extra early IPS from next week onwards but I don't think we will be allowed to book any overtime until mid-December.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12196
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Christmas come early :-/
You'd be either 10:00-17:00 or 11:00-18:00, it would allow LAT stuff to go out with normal walks and for all (or at least more) of wave 2 to be sequenced and not having to send over a box manual like we have to atm for some batches. It would also allow RM to potentially move al MC-DO dispatches back, eliminating the need to pay night rate to drivers. We'd possibly also loose some of our night allowance on nightsCelgar wrote:RM would still like to do this but I don't think it will happen .south London postie wrote:Genuine q, how would this work given the agreed reduction to 35 hours?SpacePhoenix wrote: If LAT takes off then I reckon 17:00 finishes will happen within two years