ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Christmas come early :-/

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
matthew68
Posts: 517
Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
Gender: Male

Christmas come early :-/

Post by matthew68 »

south London postie wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote: If LAT takes off then I reckon 17:00 finishes will happen within two years
Genuine q, how would this work given the agreed reduction to 35 hours?
Start at 10 in morning?
DrSatan
Posts: 144
Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
Gender: Male

Christmas come early :-/

Post by DrSatan »

south London postie wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote: If LAT takes off then I reckon 17:00 finishes will happen within two years
Genuine q, how would this work given the agreed reduction to 35 hours?
We'd start later.
scoobymunster
Posts: 346
Joined: 30 Mar 2011, 00:39
Gender: Male

Christmas come early :-/

Post by scoobymunster »

Given that MC to DO runs and OPGs returning to depot would both be hitting rush hour traffic, a 5pm finish has disaster written all over it.
Mailman300
Posts: 48
Joined: 09 Apr 2017, 09:10
Gender: Male

Christmas come early :-/

Post by Mailman300 »

leolion855 wrote:
Interested-seeker wrote:
Postie45 wrote:
Sir Henry wrote: This year they can f**k themselves with a sharp stick if they thnk I'm working myself to the bone to drag their sorry arses out of the s**t. All goodwill has gone
Im hearing that from many posties at my place, all goodwill is gone, and people are tired after doing their mammoth deliveries to do any extra anyway.
It will be worse when the later starting times come in. No one is going to want to do extra when they are being made to finish at 5pm.
will a 5pm finifsh time come?, i can imagine thousands of pt staff leaving at that point.
That would mean less time on delivery, due to getting through teatime traffic to finish on time.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Christmas come early :-/

Post by Seymour Buts »

Not sure it's any different from regular Novembers to be honest, crap! Particularly from now, next week will be terrible I reckon. I've always hated November because volumes head towards Christmas pressure levels but without any of the the support that December brings. January is similar, it's awful. Lapsing is ludacrous; anybody asked to do it this time of year needs to say no.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Christmas come early :-/

Post by Celgar »

postietom wrote:Not sure it's any different from regular Novembers to be honest, crap! Particularly from now, next week will be terrible I reckon. I've always hated November because volumes head towards Christmas pressure levels but without any of the the support that December brings. January is similar, it's awful. Lapsing is ludacrous; anybody asked to do it this time of year needs to say no.
We have extra early IPS from next week onwards but I don't think we will be allowed to book any overtime until mid-December.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Christmas come early :-/

Post by Celgar »

south London postie wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote: If LAT takes off then I reckon 17:00 finishes will happen within two years
Genuine q, how would this work given the agreed reduction to 35 hours?
RM would still like to do this but I don't think it will happen .
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Christmas come early :-/

Post by Postie45 »

Celgar wrote: We have extra early IPS from next week onwards but I don't think we will be allowed to book any overtime until mid-December.
"not allowed to book any overtime" ?! than im "not allowed to extend" :nana
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12196
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Christmas come early :-/

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Celgar wrote:
south London postie wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote: If LAT takes off then I reckon 17:00 finishes will happen within two years
Genuine q, how would this work given the agreed reduction to 35 hours?
RM would still like to do this but I don't think it will happen .
You'd be either 10:00-17:00 or 11:00-18:00, it would allow LAT stuff to go out with normal walks and for all (or at least more) of wave 2 to be sequenced and not having to send over a box manual like we have to atm for some batches. It would also allow RM to potentially move al MC-DO dispatches back, eliminating the need to pay night rate to drivers. We'd possibly also loose some of our night allowance on nights