Remember when your teacher used to write "show your working" on your maths homework?For example, reserves on part-time contracts that mostly work Full-time will now get paid more per hour for working Full-time than Full-timers do.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pay rise
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Pay rise
Only dead fish follow the current
-
Murdoch
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 572
- Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
- Gender: Male
Pay rise
Nope, I never had that problem.Woody Guthrie wrote:Remember when your teacher used to write "show your working" on your maths homework?For example, reserves on part-time contracts that mostly work Full-time will now get paid more per hour for working Full-time than Full-timers do.
What exactly do you need explaining?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16711
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Pay rise
A full timer who works full time hours will get x amount.Murdoch wrote:
What exactly do you need explaining?
A part timer working full time hours will get x amount.
What you need to show is how a part timer working full time hours will get 2x.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Murdoch
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 572
- Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
- Gender: Male
Pay rise
Oh, I see the confusion, I explained what I meant completely wrong.clashcityrocker wrote:A full timer who works full time hours will get x amount.Murdoch wrote:
What exactly do you need explaining?
A part timer working full time hours will get x amount.
What you need to show is how a part timer working full time hours will get 2x.
The numbers are equal. If a part-timer works 38 hours, it's equivalent to the pay somebody on a 38 hour (FT) contract gets. Sorry about that.
With that said. What I meant was that Full-timers are expected to just do their normal workloads 12 minutes faster per day, I haven't seen any changes with regards to that, nobody is cutting off or putting in 12 mins overtime. Which doesn't really feel like much of a pay-rise or pay rate rise.
Whereas, regardless of what reserves are doing, they get a flat rate increase per hour. Which feels like a pay rise. I frequently work beyond 38 hours per week, doing a variety of different things.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Pay rise
My experience has been that I just have 12 minutes less to prep part-time duties or do IPS , I'm not doing anything faster.Full-timers are expected to just do their normal workloads 12 minutes faster per day, I haven't seen any changes with regards to that, nobody is cutting off or putting in 12 mins overtime.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
Murdoch
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 572
- Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
- Gender: Male
Pay rise
who picks up the slack?Woody Guthrie wrote:My experience has been that I just have 12 minutes less to prep part-time duties or do IPS , I'm not doing anything faster.Full-timers are expected to just do their normal workloads 12 minutes faster per day, I haven't seen any changes with regards to that, nobody is cutting off or putting in 12 mins overtime.
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Pay rise
Part timers having to prep more in less time.Murdoch wrote:who picks up the slack?Woody Guthrie wrote:My experience has been that I just have 12 minutes less to prep part-time duties or do IPS , I'm not doing anything faster.Full-timers are expected to just do their normal workloads 12 minutes faster per day, I haven't seen any changes with regards to that, nobody is cutting off or putting in 12 mins overtime.
-
Murdoch
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 572
- Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
- Gender: Male
Pay rise
is that what's happening in larger offices? part-timers coming in later with loads of crap just left for them to do, which would normally have been done before the SWW rolled out?dohnut wrote:
Part timers having to prep more in less time.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Pay rise
Terry gives us a wave from the ivory towers of the union castle but I agree the impression is the time taken away by the SWW plan is largely still being completed and mostly completed unpaid. I will say again than rather push the SWW the union should have pursued the idea that all work hours completed are paid for in full and that if part timers are required to do overtime on a regular basis that brings them up to full time hours they should be made full time permanently. The SWW does nothing and benefits neither side as far as I can tell.Murdoch wrote:Oh, I see the confusion, I explained what I meant completely wrong.clashcityrocker wrote:A full timer who works full time hours will get x amount.Murdoch wrote:
What exactly do you need explaining?
A part timer working full time hours will get x amount.
What you need to show is how a part timer working full time hours will get 2x.
The numbers are equal. If a part-timer works 38 hours, it's equivalent to the pay somebody on a 38 hour (FT) contract gets. Sorry about that.
With that said. What I meant was that Full-timers are expected to just do their normal workloads 12 minutes faster per day, I haven't seen any changes with regards to that, nobody is cutting off or putting in 12 mins overtime. Which doesn't really feel like much of a pay-rise or pay rate rise.
Whereas, regardless of what reserves are doing, they get a flat rate increase per hour. Which feels like a pay rise. I frequently work beyond 38 hours per week, doing a variety of different things.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Pay rise
People who think that a SWW means they have to work faster.Murdoch wrote:who picks up the slack?Woody Guthrie wrote:My experience has been that I just have 12 minutes less to prep part-time duties or do IPS , I'm not doing anything faster.Full-timers are expected to just do their normal workloads 12 minutes faster per day, I haven't seen any changes with regards to that, nobody is cutting off or putting in 12 mins overtime.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Pay rise
Same in my office. Except there seems to be a few who work 4 days a week, so it's 15 mins less work for them each day, 15 mins more work for the part timer.Woody Guthrie wrote: My experience has been that I just have 12 minutes less to prep part-time duties or do IPS , I'm not doing anything faster.
It's exactly what's happening in offices. I don't why you mention 'large' offices. Mine is a smallish office. On saturday it took me 40 mins to finish prepping my duty and I've told the manager I won't be doing that again.Murdoch wrote:is that what's happening in larger offices? part-timers coming in later with loads of crap just left for them to do, which would normally have been done before the SWW rolled out?dohnut wrote:
Part timers having to prep more in less time.
-
Murdoch
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 572
- Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
- Gender: Male
Pay rise
I only used "larger" as a relative term. My office is tiny. What is a "smallish office"?NewPostieUK wrote: It's exactly what's happening in offices. I don't why you mention 'large' offices. Mine is a smallish office. On saturday it took me 40 mins to finish prepping my duty and I've told the manager I won't be doing that again.
Pretty interesting though. Any word on any part-timers having their contract hours increased to compensate for this?
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Pay rise
Smallish: about 38 walks.Murdoch wrote: I only used "larger" as a relative term. My office is tiny. What is a "smallish office"?
Pretty interesting though. Any word on any part-timers having their contract hours increased to compensate for this?
I have no idea if hours will be added to the office, very much doubt it. Maybe if the ever look at the PDA actuals, which I doubt.