ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Smelly stormcoat

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Smelly stormcoat

Post by NewPostieUK »

Robotpostie wrote:I know your not supposed to put these in the washing machine
That's news to me. How are you supposed to wash it then? By hand?
Glp28357
Posts: 85
Joined: 16 May 2017, 22:27
Gender: Male

Smelly stormcoat

Post by Glp28357 »

Robotpostie wrote:I know your not supposed to put these in the washing machine
So why does it have washing instructions on the label, saying that you can wash it a maximum of 25 times at 40°?
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Smelly stormcoat

Post by aiden01 »

NewPostieUK wrote:
Robotpostie wrote:I know your not supposed to put these in the washing machine
That's news to me. How are you supposed to wash it then? By hand?
:left: :left:
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16711
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Smelly stormcoat

Post by clashcityrocker »

Smelly Stormcoat was the title of an episode of Friends I wrote in which Phoebe became a mail carrier.
She sings about it in the cafe where they all hang out.
They never used it but I believe a modified version was recorded minus the Stormo.
I was never paid.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Robotpostie
Posts: 11
Joined: 03 Jun 2010, 18:18
Gender: Male

Smelly stormcoat

Post by Robotpostie »

Sorry Dementia setting in lol and can't read faded label, I was pissing on it to make it smell nicer.

Anyway it's had a good wash with plenty of Lenor and been outside for 2 days on the line. Next time I will try petrol and set fire to it.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Smelly stormcoat

Post by crimson king »

I've just been on the Dimensions website to look at my allocations and I'm not due another storm coat until 2020.

It smells like Stinking Bishop now, no matter how many times 'Er Indoors washes it, so I dread to think what it'll be like after another couple of sweaty winters... :hmmmm
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.