When did being left handed become a protected characteristic?Creditshampoo wrote:Correctscoobydo79 wrote:Tell Him You will report Him for discrimination
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Left handed
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16710
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Left handed
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Altrider
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Left handed
Hmmmmm...... this seems to a perfect analogy for RM management - the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing 
-
tansorboy
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
- Gender: Male
Left handed
clashcityrocker wrote:When did being left handed become a protected characteristic?Creditshampoo wrote:Correctscoobydo79 wrote:Tell Him You will report Him for discrimination
Left-handers are generally more intelligent than right-handers. It is not a disability, The curse is having to live in a right-handed world.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16710
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Left handed
Though I still prefer the days when they were tied to a stake and burnt.tansorboy wrote:
Left-handers are generally more intelligent than right-handers. It is not a disability, The curse is having to live in a right-handed world.
Sinister and all that.
Last edited by clashcityrocker on 15 Oct 2018, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Left handed
When you've only got one hand?clashcityrocker wrote:When did being left handed become a protected characteristic?Creditshampoo wrote:Correctscoobydo79 wrote:Tell Him You will report Him for discrimination
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
tmac
- Posts: 163
- Joined: 15 Jan 2009, 15:25
- Gender: Male
Left handed
Blaine wrote:I hold the bundle in my right hand with the addresses facing to the left (but can still read them obviously) rather than directly at me, then use the left hand to put them in the frame by grabbing the letter at the top end nearest to me. No flipping required and no slower than any right-hander. It was a bit awkward at first because but actually is really easy to do once you're used to it.LaggyBand wrote:Left handers who want to use their left hand to place mail in the frame have to flip over every letter before doing so.
It’s a real pain.
Could be solved by reversing frame sequence specifically for left handers.
Surprised it hasn’t been addressed sooner
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Left handed
Ignore him, he's a twat.Ringer21 wrote:Worked for Royal Mail for 20 years I'm left handed never been a problem now the new manager is telling me I should be quicker throwing my trays in and to start using my right hand it takes me a out 13 mins to throw a full tray in any suggestions
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Left handed
We used to have someone who was left handed in our office but it never really bothered anyone. We just noticed that the mail he sorted on the IPS would be the other way around but you just turn it around. It's really ignorant for a DOM to tell a left handed postie to use their right hand instead. I would just ignore them.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Dingo99
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 14:04
- Gender: Male
Left handed
I am left handed and certainly not ambiguous-dextrous although I am lucky as I sort IPS etc holding the bundle in my left hand and sorting with my right hand, also the same on delivery, I tried it the other way and couldn't deliver lol, but I have seen my left handed colleague flipping them over and he has one of the fastest sort rates in the office, honestly he is well ahead after IPS and is often on his packets while I am still sorting my flats and packets, it can be done, but yes no manager should be telling you to use your right hand, what a twatt sorry for the french lol
-
buzzboy
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 13 Nov 2012, 10:44
- Gender: Male
Left handed
Im left handed but I fill the frame right handed . TBH it took a few months to get some speed but im the same speed as right handers now . incidentally left handers tend to be quicker on their feet as most walks are on the left side of the street so if there are no drive ways a left hander doesn't have to rotate their body at every letter box like a right hander does . It makes a big difference in flats too . Low numbers start at the left normally . A right hander would have to walk backwards to be as quick as a left hander
.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Left handed
Do Royal Mail still employ left handers?
-
anthonyok
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 13 Oct 2007, 17:53
Left handed
I sort with my right hand but post with my left hand. I am right handed i nevrything else , just strange why i post with my left hand.
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Left handed
I’m the exact same. Never thought any different till a few van share partners ask why I hold the bundle in my right hand and post with my left. Don’t know if it’s possible to develop being ambidextrous but I’m getting there!anthonyok wrote:I sort with my right hand but post with my left hand. I am right handed i nevrything else , just strange why i post with my left hand.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
goneaway
- Posts: 314
- Joined: 20 Oct 2016, 19:50
- Gender: Male
Left handed
I'm the same as well, hold bundle with my right hand, post with my left, yet I am VERY right handed with everything else I can think of. I can only think that because my right arm is stronger, it's better to use this to support a heavy bundle. I've tried swapping hands, but it just doesn't feel right.HTPostman wrote:I’m the exact same. Never thought any different till a few van share partners ask why I hold the bundle in my right hand and post with my left. Don’t know if it’s possible to develop being ambidextrous but I’m getting there!anthonyok wrote:I sort with my right hand but post with my left hand. I am right handed i nevrything else , just strange why i post with my left hand.