ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PDA data being checked by manager's
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
PDA data being checked by manager's
If our workload is too much then the PDA data will show that up, if there is scope to cut then there will be cuts, the message is start on time take breaks try to deliver all your packets if time allows, do not run drive fast take shortcuts and do not lie if asked about your whereabouts as that will be checked against the PDA data. Be safe in this very hot weather.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
PDA data being checked by manager's
Returned tracked items have to be handed into the callers office and the person in the callers office will then zap them as being returned to the DO. Tracked items that have been P739 are usually stored separately to other or ordinary packets & parcels.SpacePhoenix wrote:What would be a rough average % across the country of vans that can't be parked on the DO site and so have to be parked off-site? Do the Tracked items in a DO get processed on the floor or in the SD lockers (presumably any docket left Tracked items get stored wherever the normal docket left items are stored)?steve1873 wrote:That is a fair point and this will be taken in to account I am sure. I was referring simply to most DO's with on-site parking and where the locker is on same floor. It is simply used as a guide whereby entering the geofence signifies the return time. The time taken for ancillary tasks at end of shift is something that would be negotiated during revisions at a local level.notsure.com wrote:Takes way more than 5 minutes for me to get a york to load all my P739 returns onto, unload the van then take my stuff inside. I then have to take the van to the local council car park (too many vans for our yard), find a space and then walk back to the office. Only then can I sort out my returned packets into the appropriate york, hand my keys in, dock my PDA and then most importantly fill out my docketA2B wrote:It could take you 5mins to get parked in some officesNewPostieUK wrote:Why assume anything? Surely it's written down in black and white when you sign out?steve1873 wrote: Once you enter the geofence, it is assumed you will be signing out 5 mins thereafter. 10 mins if you are on a singleton duty.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
PDA data being checked by manager's
Full time staff are entitled to take the second 20 minutes of their break time when they arrive back from delivery. Once the AHDC is implemented and combined with PDA data it should be possible to fix problems in DOs. Well........we can hope.steve1873 wrote:Once you enter the geofence, it is assumed you will be signing out 5 mins thereafter. 10 mins if you are on a singleton duty.SpacePhoenix wrote:Say it takes them about 40mins to get from wherever the last letter is delivered back to the DO, and say it takes 30mins to do whatever they have to DO in the DO when they get back (hand in 739s, PDA, van keys, etc). If they're logging off as soon as they deliver the last letter, higher up will possibly see that as 70mins that can potentially be taken out of the officeNewbie001 wrote:Lots of postie's at ours I've noticed log off as soon as they've posted last letter, some as soon as they get back to office. And almost all of the office take 20 mins at end. Wonder what the data would say about this. Interesting times ahead.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
PDA data being checked by manager's
Nothing that RM has introduced in the 30 odd years I have worked here has ever made the job better or fairer. This won't either..
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1535
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
PDA data being checked by manager's
I never log off - it gets done when they plug them in to the charging station.Newbie001 wrote:Lots of postie's at ours I've noticed log off as soon as they've posted last letter, some as soon as they get back to office. And almost all of the office take 20 mins at end. Wonder what the data would say about this. Interesting times ahead.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
PDA data being checked by manager's
That’s a nice tip, thanksHitcher wrote:I never log off - it gets done when they plug them in to the charging station.Newbie001 wrote:Lots of postie's at ours I've noticed log off as soon as they've posted last letter, some as soon as they get back to office. And almost all of the office take 20 mins at end. Wonder what the data would say about this. Interesting times ahead.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2041
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
PDA data being checked by manager's
Just wondered can you still do it the old way give it to the next door neighbour & just put a 739 card telling them your neighbours got it?
Also while I'm here I've seen some "Signed for letters" saying neighbour on the PDA can you get a neighbour to sign for it & then just post it?
Also while I'm here I've seen some "Signed for letters" saying neighbour on the PDA can you get a neighbour to sign for it & then just post it?
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
PDA data being checked by manager's
Do whatever your PDA tells you to do. The PDA is your everything now.mattycash wrote:Just wondered can you still do it the old way give it to the next door neighbour & just put a 739 card telling them your neighbours got it?
Also while I'm here I've seen some "Signed for letters" saying neighbour on the PDA can you get a neighbour to sign for it & then just post it?
-
MAILMAN84
- Posts: 186
- Joined: 04 May 2008, 14:05
PDA data being checked by manager's
Kill your manager...kill your manager....SHUT UP PDA I WON'T....LaggyBand wrote:Do whatever your PDA tells you to do. The PDA is your everything now.mattycash wrote:Just wondered can you still do it the old way give it to the next door neighbour & just put a 739 card telling them your neighbours got it?
Also while I'm here I've seen some "Signed for letters" saying neighbour on the PDA can you get a neighbour to sign for it & then just post it?
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
PDA data being checked by manager's
If your PDA told you to you’d probably be covered.MAILMAN84 wrote:Kill your manager...kill your manager....SHUT UP PDA I WON'T....LaggyBand wrote:Do whatever your PDA tells you to do. The PDA is your everything now.mattycash wrote:Just wondered can you still do it the old way give it to the next door neighbour & just put a 739 card telling them your neighbours got it?
Also while I'm here I've seen some "Signed for letters" saying neighbour on the PDA can you get a neighbour to sign for it & then just post it?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16711
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
PDA data being checked by manager's
No.mattycash wrote:
Also while I'm here I've seen some "Signed for letters" saying neighbour on the PDA can you get a neighbour to sign for it & then just post it?
The neighbour signs for it and that is where you leave it.
You leave a slip at the original address advising the customer where the letter is.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
2Shedz
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 28 Dec 2017, 08:45
- Gender: Male
PDA data being checked by manager's
They have stuck an extra collection on our pdas with a barcode in the office you have to scan when you get back
Just another means of showing when we are back.
Smiffy
Just another means of showing when we are back.
Smiffy
-
itllnottouchyou
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 18:21
- Gender: Male
PDA data being checked by manager's
Yip they have done this in our delivery office too. So we can’t log out after the last letter as it still has a job left on it. As a lot of our posties were doing2Shedz wrote:They have stuck an extra collection on our pdas with a barcode in the office you have to scan when you get back
Just another means of showing when we are back.
Smiffy
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
PDA data being checked by manager's
Yeah we have started doing that this week too. I think we were told its to check everything has been signed for or something. To me it seems like implementation of AHDC before the trials for that have ended but there we go. On the other hand it will nail down the time Postie's are actually finishing as opposed to what times some write on the signing on sheets. RM are going to have so much data that eventually I think we are all going to get kicked in the face. It isn't going to be pretty.2Shedz wrote:They have stuck an extra collection on our pdas with a barcode in the office you have to scan when you get back
Just another means of showing when we are back.
Smiffy
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Your late today
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 09 Oct 2017, 13:37
- Gender: Male
PDA data being checked by manager's
In our office only the postie collecting from boxes on their rounds have to scan that bar code to show they have brought the mail back in time for dispatch I’m lucky I haven’t any boxes to collect as they are done on an afternoon collection.