So if the OPGs are doing the job properly and taking breaks it’s their fault they finish early. Really?Creditshampoo wrote:This is simple. It’s would be the OPGs fault. Not the unit rep.number one wrote:What if the unit rep challenges it and it is shown as most of the office is finishing early. Do you really want the union responsible for losing hours and jobs out of the unit?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Data Capture
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Data Capture
-
antcpfc
- Posts: 629
- Joined: 18 Sep 2007, 17:25
Data Capture
So what happens if a runner is on a duty not using trolley , rushing out without full break etc. The duty is increased in size as he is finishing an hour early each day. He thinks F this and moves on to another duty leaving some poor sap to get the flak for not finishing.
If the data is to be used it should only be once the union have everyone taking their breaks and using trollies.
If the data is to be used it should only be once the union have everyone taking their breaks and using trollies.
Slider tool. Lol.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Data Capture
I wish you good luck with trying to get posties on shared duties to use LWT. When we used bikes the majority never wore cycle helmets or hi-vis which was a contributing factor to the bikes being taken away.antcpfc wrote:So what happens if a runner is on a duty not using trolley , rushing out without full break etc. The duty is increased in size as he is finishing an hour early each day. He thinks F this and moves on to another duty leaving some poor sap to get the flak for not finishing.
If the data is to be used it should only be once the union have everyone taking their breaks and using trollies.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Data Capture
No that was solely down to Packets.
-
scoobymunster
- Posts: 346
- Joined: 30 Mar 2011, 00:39
- Gender: Male
Data Capture
In my area the only mention of Data Capture seems to be in relation to O/T claims, ensuring the docket matches the PDA. Mail figures are supposed to be lower in summer, so if RM use this to justify adding more to duties, it'll be carnage when figures pick up again towards Christmas. Bring it on! 
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Data Capture
your right this is where the dim should be making sure that everybody is doing no free work and using the equipment and doing the job right , which was part of this agreement as well .antcpfc wrote:So what happens if a runner is on a duty not using trolley , rushing out without full break etc. The duty is increased in size as he is finishing an hour early each day. He thinks F this and moves on to another duty leaving some poor sap to get the flak for not finishing.
If the data is to be used it should only be once the union have everyone taking their breaks and using trollies.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Data Capture
How are they gonna do that? I take my breaks but those trolleys are simply not practical to use. How do you do blocks of flats? How do you go up and down steps? What if you're on a hct walk? I've never been asked to use one of those trolleys but would simply refuse.antcpfc wrote:So what happens if a runner is on a duty not using trolley , rushing out without full break etc. The duty is increased in size as he is finishing an hour early each day. He thinks F this and moves on to another duty leaving some poor sap to get the flak for not finishing.
If the data is to be used it should only be once the union have everyone taking their breaks and using trollies.
The company and union need to come up with a better delivery meathod if they want to take weight off people's shoulders.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Data Capture
Are the managers checked up on every time they go to the coffee machine? 
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Data Capture
Most don't have the intelligence to work a coffee machine.
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Data Capture
main problem I have is working with a full timer whose finish time is a hour earlier than mine. what do people do in this situation?
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Data Capture
How can a fulltimers finish time be a hour before yoursleolion855 wrote:main problem I have is working with a full timer whose finish time is a hour earlier than mine. what do people do in this situation?
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Data Capture
im on a 9am-2pm contract, hes on a 615-100pm contract (though his varies day by day)gary1975 wrote:How can a fulltimers finish time be a hour before yoursleolion855 wrote:main problem I have is working with a full timer whose finish time is a hour earlier than mine. what do people do in this situation?
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Data Capture
That's ridiculous and impractical. Note when you're working with him and tell management you need to have the same finish times. Say you need your day moving in line with his; finish an hour earlyleolion855 wrote:main problem I have is working with a full timer whose finish time is a hour earlier than mine. what do people do in this situation?
-
azza30
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 09 Apr 2018, 14:48
- Gender: Male
- Location: Eternal Misery
Data Capture
I sometimes go out with a full timer. I'm PT start at 9, finish at 2. He takes 20 mins break before we leave depot. I say feck that, and wait in the van. I won't take my break when I've just started. Generally start walk aboot 9.40. I take my break at 12 ish (30 mins) He carries on while I chill out under a tree or something - not sure what he does. If I know we will go over I will call office at about 1 oclock to come and pick me up so I am back in time for my finish time. He just stays out, carries on, sometimes doing my 1 or 2 loops that are left. He will never cut off. I pish off the managers royal, but I don't give a flying feck. Why oh whyleolion855 wrote:im on a 9am-2pm contract, hes on a 615-100pm contract (though his varies day by day)gary1975 wrote:How can a fulltimers finish time be a hour before yoursleolion855 wrote:main problem I have is working with a full timer whose finish time is a hour earlier than mine. what do people do in this situation?
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Data Capture
TheTrolleyMan wrote:What's the point when area CWU reps are not challenging management to even / balance out work loads ?
Management know full well that some duties badly need a few loops added on whilst others need loops taken off - but don't want to do it because they don't want the aggro. I seriously question whether we need managers in Royal Mail at all.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.