ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Data Capture

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Data Capture

Post by number one »

Creditshampoo wrote:
number one wrote:What if the unit rep challenges it and it is shown as most of the office is finishing early. Do you really want the union responsible for losing hours and jobs out of the unit?
This is simple. It’s would be the OPGs fault. Not the unit rep.
So if the OPGs are doing the job properly and taking breaks it’s their fault they finish early. Really?
antcpfc
Posts: 629
Joined: 18 Sep 2007, 17:25

Data Capture

Post by antcpfc »

So what happens if a runner is on a duty not using trolley , rushing out without full break etc. The duty is increased in size as he is finishing an hour early each day. He thinks F this and moves on to another duty leaving some poor sap to get the flak for not finishing.
If the data is to be used it should only be once the union have everyone taking their breaks and using trollies.
Slider tool. Lol.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Data Capture

Post by Celgar »

antcpfc wrote:So what happens if a runner is on a duty not using trolley , rushing out without full break etc. The duty is increased in size as he is finishing an hour early each day. He thinks F this and moves on to another duty leaving some poor sap to get the flak for not finishing.
If the data is to be used it should only be once the union have everyone taking their breaks and using trollies.
I wish you good luck with trying to get posties on shared duties to use LWT. When we used bikes the majority never wore cycle helmets or hi-vis which was a contributing factor to the bikes being taken away.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Data Capture

Post by rambo1 »

No that was solely down to Packets.
scoobymunster
Posts: 346
Joined: 30 Mar 2011, 00:39
Gender: Male

Data Capture

Post by scoobymunster »

In my area the only mention of Data Capture seems to be in relation to O/T claims, ensuring the docket matches the PDA. Mail figures are supposed to be lower in summer, so if RM use this to justify adding more to duties, it'll be carnage when figures pick up again towards Christmas. Bring it on! :nana
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Data Capture

Post by worktotime »

antcpfc wrote:So what happens if a runner is on a duty not using trolley , rushing out without full break etc. The duty is increased in size as he is finishing an hour early each day. He thinks F this and moves on to another duty leaving some poor sap to get the flak for not finishing.
If the data is to be used it should only be once the union have everyone taking their breaks and using trollies.
your right this is where the dim should be making sure that everybody is doing no free work and using the equipment and doing the job right , which was part of this agreement as well .
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Data Capture

Post by Seymour Buts »

antcpfc wrote:So what happens if a runner is on a duty not using trolley , rushing out without full break etc. The duty is increased in size as he is finishing an hour early each day. He thinks F this and moves on to another duty leaving some poor sap to get the flak for not finishing.
If the data is to be used it should only be once the union have everyone taking their breaks and using trollies.
How are they gonna do that? I take my breaks but those trolleys are simply not practical to use. How do you do blocks of flats? How do you go up and down steps? What if you're on a hct walk? I've never been asked to use one of those trolleys but would simply refuse.

The company and union need to come up with a better delivery meathod if they want to take weight off people's shoulders.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Data Capture

Post by Brandy »

Are the managers checked up on every time they go to the coffee machine? :roll:
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Data Capture

Post by hothothot »

Most don't have the intelligence to work a coffee machine.
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

Data Capture

Post by leolion855 »

main problem I have is working with a full timer whose finish time is a hour earlier than mine. what do people do in this situation?
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

Data Capture

Post by gary1975 »

leolion855 wrote:main problem I have is working with a full timer whose finish time is a hour earlier than mine. what do people do in this situation?
How can a fulltimers finish time be a hour before yours
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

Data Capture

Post by leolion855 »

gary1975 wrote:
leolion855 wrote:main problem I have is working with a full timer whose finish time is a hour earlier than mine. what do people do in this situation?
How can a fulltimers finish time be a hour before yours
im on a 9am-2pm contract, hes on a 615-100pm contract (though his varies day by day)
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Data Capture

Post by Seymour Buts »

leolion855 wrote:main problem I have is working with a full timer whose finish time is a hour earlier than mine. what do people do in this situation?
That's ridiculous and impractical. Note when you're working with him and tell management you need to have the same finish times. Say you need your day moving in line with his; finish an hour early :thumbup
azza30
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 112
Joined: 09 Apr 2018, 14:48
Gender: Male
Location: Eternal Misery

Data Capture

Post by azza30 »

leolion855 wrote:
gary1975 wrote:
leolion855 wrote:main problem I have is working with a full timer whose finish time is a hour earlier than mine. what do people do in this situation?
How can a fulltimers finish time be a hour before yours
im on a 9am-2pm contract, hes on a 615-100pm contract (though his varies day by day)
I sometimes go out with a full timer. I'm PT start at 9, finish at 2. He takes 20 mins break before we leave depot. I say feck that, and wait in the van. I won't take my break when I've just started. Generally start walk aboot 9.40. I take my break at 12 ish (30 mins) He carries on while I chill out under a tree or something - not sure what he does. If I know we will go over I will call office at about 1 oclock to come and pick me up so I am back in time for my finish time. He just stays out, carries on, sometimes doing my 1 or 2 loops that are left. He will never cut off. I pish off the managers royal, but I don't give a flying feck. Why oh why :crazy:
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Data Capture

Post by postslippete »

TheTrolleyMan wrote:What's the point when area CWU reps are not challenging management to even / balance out work loads ?

Management know full well that some duties badly need a few loops added on whilst others need loops taken off - but don't want to do it because they don't want the aggro. I seriously question whether we need managers in Royal Mail at all.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.