ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
signing out
-
notgoodanymore
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 13 Dec 2016, 11:55
- Gender: Female
signing out
Are you saying everyone should be using a trolley?
And not carring the bag ?
Thanks
And not carring the bag ?
Thanks
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
signing out
What other work? You hand in keys, PDA dump bags and any P739'd packets missorts etc and look at the clock. Is it your finishing time or after? If yes you fill in the overtime sheet (or inform your manager of overtime, offices vary in this ) and go home.Nichola wrote:I'm never back early, always a few hours over, do you then just go home and leave your other work til the next day?
You come in the next day. You are meant to fill bags sort packets and go, if you can't do this due to prep not being completed, grab your manager and ask him what he wants you to do. If you do someone elses work for 30 minutes (such as prepping your frame inc door to doors) then you leave 30 mins work behine or tell the manager you'll be claiming 30 mins overtime IN ADDITION to any other overtime you need to claim for getting back late.
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
signing out
LWT is a Light Weight Trolley. You know those mandatory pieces of equipment to be used on deliveriesNichola wrote:I can't really sit in the van though and take a break while they work on. What's lwt? It's just all very daunting atm, was told we would just be going in lifting our stuff and going but now I'm more or less in charge of a frame and sorting parcels and putting together d2ds if I start at 8:30 then I'm more or less the last to leave and my van share person is waiting.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
signing out
why ? when I work with anybody like that who doesn't want a break , I sit in the van and have mine bollocks to them , and if they don't want to use a light weight trolley and run round with bags on there back , wait in the van till I get back , don't let these people put you under pressure to start early , run round , no breaks , not use lwt , tell them if they have a problem with the way you work lets go see the dim with the cwu rep and sort it out ,Nichola wrote:I can't really sit in the van though and take a break while they work on. What's lwt? It's just all very daunting atm, was told we would just be going in lifting our stuff and going but now I'm more or less in charge of a frame and sorting parcels and putting together d2ds if I start at 8:30 then I'm more or less the last to leave and my van share person is waiting.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
signing out
oh yes , unless it was built into your duty and the reason why , ie no foot path , flats etc.notgoodanymore wrote:Are you saying everyone should be using a trolley?
And not carring the bag ?
Thanks
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
signing out
yeah people feel pressured into not holding their partner up, at the end of the day its up to you to do the job properly, if the other person doesnt like it, then its their fault for cutting corners not taking breaks, its because of people like this the job is getting worse and worse.worktotime wrote:why ? when I work with anybody like that who doesn't want a break , I sit in the van and have mine bollocks to them , and if they don't want to use a light weight trolley and run round with bags on there back , wait in the van till I get back , don't let these people put you under pressure to start early , run round , no breaks , not use lwt , tell them if they have a problem with the way you work lets go see the dim with the cwu rep and sort it out ,Nichola wrote:I can't really sit in the van though and take a break while they work on. What's lwt? It's just all very daunting atm, was told we would just be going in lifting our stuff and going but now I'm more or less in charge of a frame and sorting parcels and putting together d2ds if I start at 8:30 then I'm more or less the last to leave and my van share person is waiting.
-
postman_jack
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 18:26
- Gender: Male
signing out
Is there anywhere in any of the active agreements that says everyone must return to the office and sign out? If so can somebody point me to it
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
signing out
i dont think this kind of thing has to be "agreed" its a reasonable request and i dont see the CWU arguing against it unless theres an obvious issue which gives unusual hardship to posties.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
signing out
There isn't as far as I know anything specific as you ask. It would be covered under the "reasonable request" stuff.postman_jack wrote:Is there anywhere in any of the active agreements that says everyone must return to the office and sign out? If so can somebody point me to it
However, IIRC the way forward agreement has something in about it that if taking a 20minute break at the end of a shift there is no requirement to return to the office just for the purposes of signing out. I Will check it out and link in this thread.
If you are thinking about challenging it the Union could enter a disagreement and use the Custom and Practice argument to return to the status quo. However, in the end, you will still probably have to return to the office at the end of a shift. Mind you in the disagreement you could always have a counterproposal that a manager has to remain in the office till all OPGs have returned.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
signing out
as per above
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =2&t=14133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =2&t=14133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Breaks at the beginning or end of attendance
Where an attendance is provided with more than one break, the second break may be scheduled at the beginning or end, in which case attendance is not required solely for booking on or off. A single break should not be scheduled at the beginning or end of the attendance.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
postman_jack
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 18:26
- Gender: Male
signing out
I wanted to know for the opposite reason. We want everyone to return to the office and sign out. To many selfish people taking advantage of others.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
signing out
Recorded, tracked, and SD items which have been P739 have to be returned to the office on the same day ideally to be scanned back into the callers office. PDAs really need to be returned and placed into the cradles to be recharged for the next day. Also you really have to sign yourself off to say you have completed the delivery and sign again to say you have left the office. In addition if you don't have permission to take the van home it would have to be returned to the yard. Taking a van home with mail left in it is also a security issue and you are possibly leaving yourself open to accusations of theft or loss of items. In short it makes sense to return to the DO after finishing your delivery.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:There isn't as far as I know anything specific as you ask. It would be covered under the "reasonable request" stuff.postman_jack wrote:Is there anywhere in any of the active agreements that says everyone must return to the office and sign out? If so can somebody point me to it
However, IIRC the way forward agreement has something in about it that if taking a 20minute break at the end of a shift there is no requirement to return to the office just for the purposes of signing out. I Will check it out and link in this thread.
If you are thinking about challenging it the Union could enter a disagreement and use the Custom and Practice argument to return to the status quo. However, in the end, you will still probably have to return to the office at the end of a shift. Mind you in the disagreement you could always have a counterproposal that a manager has to remain in the office till all OPGs have returned.![]()
![]()
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
signing out
with the PDA tracking now fully implemented i wouldnt worry about these people anymore theyre likely to be flagged up before too long.postman_jack wrote:I wanted to know for the opposite reason. We want everyone to return to the office and sign out. To many selfish people taking advantage of others.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
signing out
Postie45 wrote:with the PDA tracking now fully implemented i wouldnt worry about these people anymore theyre likely to be flagged up before too long.postman_jack wrote:I wanted to know for the opposite reason. We want everyone to return to the office and sign out. To many selfish people taking advantage of others.
And they'll probably still get offered 4 hours to do two rows on overtime, and still get done before their official duty time...
-
azza30
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 09 Apr 2018, 14:48
- Gender: Male
- Location: Eternal Misery
signing out
notgoodanymore wrote:Are you saying everyone should be using a trolley?
And not carring the bag ?
Thanks
Yes. Otherwise you may work faster, so you get given more work. If you don't complete, Cut Off - The round is too long for your hours.
To the original poster, RM will tell you nothing and will try to convince you you have to work overtime, do lapsing, entitled to less break than you should, put you with non - break takers to make life awkward. They are very well trained in taking the pish. 500 years of experience and they don't seem to get it - Start time - Break time - Finish Time. Also they can't do simple maths
PT 5hours -(1/2 hour break + 15 min walk to start + 15 minutes walk back to DO + 15 - 30mins T DO waiting for trolley/ Collecting specials/ Returning Packets) = 3.5hours to complete the round. Now factor in pushing Trolley door to door, locking up, waiting for elderly to answer, knocking on neighbours, writing dockets (I mean doing job how RM procrastinate it to be done) and that's why rounds are to big!