They want us to double lapse every day this week. They’re paying people to come in early to do IPS and prep the lapsed rounds so we can can get out earlier. This means you’re outside for longer and walking further as well. It’s not right, especially in these temperatures.wacko74 wrote:They bang on and on about H&S in these very hot conditions... then they give us double lapsing and 20 mins WTL this morning ,delaying us from getting out that bit earlier and ensuring we're out for longer in the hottest part of the day.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Health & safety ?
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Health & safety ?
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Health & safety ?
Are you sure weve been told to wear it on deliveryCPTNemoUK wrote:Like someone said above. Hi viz is just for the yard. I take it off at the start of my first loop.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Health & safety ?
Hi vis on with no shirt underneathcomeracing wrote:
Are you sure weve been told to wear it on delivery
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Health & safety ?
For certain our dom says you can take it off while out on delivery. But we must wear it in the yard (Prob insurance reasons). Also had a random check from royal mail security and they never mentioned the hi viz. Didn't have a dog peg though. It was in the van oopscomeracing wrote:Are you sure weve been told to wear it on deliveryCPTNemoUK wrote:Like someone said above. Hi viz is just for the yard. I take it off at the start of my first loop.
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Health & safety ?
Just wear your hi Vis and royal mail shoes nothing else. But remember suntan lotion on certain areas.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Health & safety ?
Well he’s wrong yet again,maybe wear the cagoule and storm coat and really get a sweat on in this weather,this weather is unprecedented to say the least,and a common sense approach is needed,but no doubt won’t be forthcoming from up aboveBahia Feliz wrote:Hi vis on with no shirt underneathcomeracing wrote:
Are you sure weve been told to wear it on delivery
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Health & safety ?
We need vests to show off the guns!!! could you wear JUST the hi vis? cause that could work 
-
panch1989
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 07:44
- Gender: Male
Health & safety ?
Never worn the vest on delivery, only an idiot would layer up in this weather
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Health & safety ?
A patch? I don't have patches. Every part of my shirt is soaked after about 30 mins. The hi - vis makes no difference, I sweat anyway. In fact I prefer it as it hides the sweat a little.kookoo32 wrote:The silver Royal Mail logo on the back seems to be a heat magnet as well. I'm constantly asking my van share partner if I have a sweat patch where the logo is (classy I know).
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Health & safety ?
I was seriously considering this today, after I undid yet another shirt button (only two left and it's flapping in the breeze!) and was still roasting.Justanotherstar wrote:We need vests to show off the guns!!! could you wear JUST the hi vis? cause that could work
If it gets any hotter I'll be debating even more extreme options... Mankini and RM trainers, anyone? Finished off with issue floppy brimmed sun hat
Thank Christ it's Saturday tomorrow. Half two and cider o clock can't come quick enough this week.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Health & safety ?
Ha!,, hilarious thought,a little light relief at the end of yet another fun packed week,enjoy the weekend whenever it starts with your family and stay coolcrimson king wrote:I was seriously considering this today, after I undid yet another shirt button (only two left and it's flapping in the breeze!) and was still roasting.Justanotherstar wrote:We need vests to show off the guns!!! could you wear JUST the hi vis? cause that could work
If it gets any hotter I'll be debating even more extreme options... Mankini and RM trainers, anyone? Finished off with issue floppy brimmed sun hat![]()
Thank Christ it's Saturday tomorrow. Half two and cider o clock can't come quick enough this week.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Health & safety ?
Thanks buddy and I hope you and yours have a good one too 
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
kookoo32
- Posts: 187
- Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
Health & safety ?
Same with us. The managers actually go out patrolling in their car checking to see if you are wearing it on deliverycomeracing wrote:Are you sure weve been told to wear it on deliveryCPTNemoUK wrote:Like someone said above. Hi viz is just for the yard. I take it off at the start of my first loop.
-
panch1989
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 07:44
- Gender: Male
Health & safety ?
You don't have to wear it out on delivery! Don't listen to your management. Only need it on royal mail property.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Health & safety ?
I generally only wear the hi-vis in the winter when it's cold on top of the Harrington jacket and blue sleeveless waistcoat. Quite a while back I'm sure RM were going to issue a new uniform design in brown and grey. Hasn't materialized yet though.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.