It takes time to count and prep and deliver them so you can not expect to get paid both ways. The bigger the walk the more you get happy days.exetererica wrote:^Incredulous^number one wrote: • There should be no extended delivery overtime paid for delivery of poll cards
So, If you have a big duty where you book overtime every day, you won't get paid overtime on the one day you so happen to have have polling cards?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Polling Cards Payments
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Polling Cards Payments
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Polling Cards Payments
Look, if you think you'd have gone over by an hr and a half without the polling cards, then it's ok to book that hr and a half, but if you think counting, preping and delivering them will make you another hr late, then you can't book ot for that extra hr. Hope that makes sense.cpsteve wrote:It takes time to count and prep and deliver them so you can not expect to get paid both ways. The bigger the walk the more you get happy days.exetererica wrote:^Incredulous^number one wrote: • There should be no extended delivery overtime paid for delivery of poll cards
So, If you have a big duty where you book overtime every day, you won't get paid overtime on the one day you so happen to have have polling cards?
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
Polling Cards Payments
Royal Mail appear to pay different amounts for these poll cards depending on region.
-
laudrup11
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 11 Jan 2008, 13:58
- Location: G Postcode
Polling Cards Payments
nickbsmooth wrote:Royal Mail appear to pay different amounts for these poll cards depending on region.
From what I remember years ago when we went from 2.5 hour deliveries to 3.5 hour, there was a formula for Election payments based on how many hours you were saving overall.
G postcode - Glasgow - did a postcode wide agreement which resulted in us getting 6p per item.
I know some areas get less, I’m sure I remember Northern Ireland getting more, but the formula was U.K. wide.
The money per item though is so you prep them in your own time, certainly in our office you wouldn’t get away with coming in at 7, spending an hour boxing in poll cards, then starting on your sequenced Mail.
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Polling Cards Payments
So, I'll be waiting to see if this does appear in my wages next week (it might pay for a couple of ciders!), presuming that's when it would be paid. Can anyone tell me what it will appear as or what it will be labelled as on the wage slip?
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Polling Cards Payments
Have you told your DOM how many you delivered? If ot then you won’t be getting a bean.crimson king wrote:So, I'll be waiting to see if this does appear in my wages next week (it might pay for a couple of ciders!), presuming that's when it would be paid. Can anyone tell me what it will appear as or what it will be labelled as on the wage slip?
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Polling Cards Payments
I've got a counted total and left a couple of E-17's with the full timer I was with for those days. He's going to fill them out and sort it apparently. I'll leave it at that, see what happens. Not too worried as it's not exactly a fortune and it's certainly not worth falling out with anyone over. I'm using it as an exercise in experience, I suppose. The main reason I asked in the OP was because I was annoyed nobody said Jack s**t about it apart from the postie who walked behind me and mentioned it. And fair play to him, just wish there were a few more like him looking out for the newbies.number one wrote:Have you told your DOM how many you delivered? If ot then you won’t be getting a bean.crimson king wrote:So, I'll be waiting to see if this does appear in my wages next week (it might pay for a couple of ciders!), presuming that's when it would be paid. Can anyone tell me what it will appear as or what it will be labelled as on the wage slip?
Basically, the next time I'm in this situation I'll be prepared, know what's what and how to get it. I just wanted to know how it appears on the pay slip so I know if it gets done or not this time.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Polling Cards Payments
I think it usually says “poll payment” or “election material payment”
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Polling Cards Payments
Thanks, buddynumber one wrote:I think it usually says “poll payment” or “election material payment”
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Polling Cards Payments
I saw one poll card come through redirected the other day. It came through as DSA mail and was franked by a company I haven't seen before with the usual 'delivered by RM' message in the top right corner. So looks like what the union told us was correct and we are no longer going to get paid extra for delivering election materials from now on.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Polling Cards Payments
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Polling Cards Payments
All that info 'Postman' has linked is out of date. Some of it is from 15 years ago!! The agreement that some of us unfortunately voted yes for has probably stopped the election payments.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Polling Cards Payments
What I posted holds the field for now, was there anything in the new agreement about election payments?Celgar wrote:All that info 'Postman' has linked is out of date. Some of it is from 15 years ago!! The agreement that some of us unfortunately voted yes for has probably stopped the election payments.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Polling Cards Payments
I did read the whole of the agreement and I don't remember seeing anything about election material payments either way. The union have told our office the system has changed and there won't be any election payments. As mentioned before it looks like poll cards are coming via DSA which means 50% of the revenue goes straight to the DSA contracting company. Posties don't usually get any additional money from DSA mail so its another sign that election material payments are a goner.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Polling Cards Payments
Please re read the tread, there is also a link in there in bold red regarding DSA, which we do get paid for, nothing has changed!Celgar wrote:I did read the whole of the agreement and I don't remember seeing anything about election material payments either way. The union have told our office the system has changed and there won't be any election payments. As mentioned before it looks like poll cards are coming via DSA which means 50% of the revenue goes straight to the DSA contracting company. Posties don't usually get any additional money from DSA mail so its another sign that election material payments are a goner.
The title of the thread was updated for the GE in June 2017, nothing...has...changed.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.