ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

So what time is the result?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

So what time is the result?

Post by Celgar »

IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:About this time next year, I suspect many of the yes voters will be scratching their heads, because unknown target levels for unknown specific trials have not been met so there are no further conditional pay increases and no further shortening of the full time working week.

The only unconditional improvement for us was the backdated pay increase of 5% from October 2017 to the end of this financial year, as far as I'm aware.

How this provisional agreement of "if, buts and maybes" has had a ~90% yes vote from ~55% of the members is unbelievable to me. I hope they don't reap what they have sewn and I expect what is effectively "working for free" (through starting before contract times, not taking and not claiming meal relief, working past contract hours without claiming) is going to go through the roof.
Too true. Too bad the CWU didn't consult the TUC as to what is happening regarding unpaid work in the real world. The CWU are far too concerned with the future of the so called 'Labour' party instead of it's members for my liking.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3731
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

So what time is the result?

Post by yellowbelly »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
You misread my post. The D2Ds aren't crap. What keeps getting posted about the payments for them is.
TBT - Perhaps making a 'stickie' about it might stop people bringing it up. Same as the Bank Holiday/Day off in lieu or O/T payment question which
appears before every B/H.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

So what time is the result?

Post by POSTMAN »

Been a while since I used this lol
rmc7.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

So what time is the result?

Post by postslippete »

Ok, so no one gets paid for delivering d2ds, we all get a delivery supplement. Even if you don't actually do deliveries like mail centre staff,you still get payment for it, according to true blue. I understand.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

So what time is the result?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

postslippete wrote:Ok, so no one gets paid for delivering d2ds, we all get a delivery supplement. Even if you don't actually do deliveries like mail centre staff,you still get payment for it, according to true blue. I understand.
No they get a Mail Centre Supplement that was around £8 when the Delivery SUpplement was £22.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.