ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Feel like giving up :-(((

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DRM
Posts: 50
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 21:42
Gender: Female

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by DRM »

Dazsw wrote:I just resigned from RM today after 6 years of this, I'm super happy!
Good luck with your next chapter.

I highly recommend it leaving.
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by Interested-seeker »

BELIAL wrote:
Interested-seeker wrote:Keep standing your ground, it will get better eventually. Use your rep if you need too.
IT won't get better ,it will get more lapsing
I was trying to be encouraging..... :whistle
kevbo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 134
Joined: 07 May 2010, 16:33
Gender: Male

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by kevbo »

It's a lot easier said than done but it's not our job to worry about completing unachievable workloads. Let the manager worry about it that's their job. You come in and do the job as best you can until it's time to go home. What's the worst that can happen. They sack you (they won't by the way) then maybe start worrying about finding another job.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by Postie45 »

its very hard to sack people unless they misconduct themselves in any job, let alone this one. As others have said, do the job to best of your ability and have a chat with your union rep.
Dazsw
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 28
Joined: 17 Feb 2013, 17:36
Gender: Male

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by Dazsw »

crimson king wrote:
Dazsw wrote:I just resigned from RM today after 6 years of this, I'm super happy!

I highly recommend it leaving.
Glad you're happy, hope you're sorted with a less stressful job, buddy.

Cheers mate.

400% less stressful with a decent boss, happy days.
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by BELIAL »

Attrition is the name of the game,"it's the way the business is going"
Bye
twoloops
Posts: 2041
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by twoloops »

kevbo wrote: You come in and do the job as best you can until it's time to go home
This is the best advice you'll find on here, keep telling yourself I'm a postman I'm a postman I'm a postman :left:
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by NWpostie »

Certainly nothing like the cosy old days pre 1997, two deliveries and you had a light 2nd delivery until 2004, overtime was handed out to clear bills and bulk mailing without the 3rd degree.

The pendulum have swung from the workers to the management and we let it happen.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Feel like giving up :-(((

Post by Brandy »

mattycash wrote:
kevbo wrote: You come in and do the job as best you can until it's time to go home
This is the best advice you'll find on here, keep telling yourself I'm a postman I'm a postman I'm a postman :left:
Totally agree it is the best advice,but the trouble is you can do the job as best as you possibly can,and its still not good enough for them RM managers,unless of course your face fits! :hmmmm