ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

'Rock-solid unity' across Home Counties & London

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

'Rock-solid unity' across Home Counties & London

Post by fb1969 »

According to our rep the other day: "voting yes is a no brainer. There are loads of good things in the deal and we will be working an hour less from October"

Not sure if that was the result of a cwu briefing or if he has actually decided it all by himself. But I know which way I'll be voting.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

'Rock-solid unity' across Home Counties & London

Post by k979aaa »

BELIAL wrote:Luke Smith, deputy branch secretary Eastern No5, and his branch colleagues were planning to “do a whole round of gate meetings” across their patch, and remarked that “we’ll be talking about where we started and where we’ve ended up,” while Essex Amal’s Kevin Simpson made the point that “what we’re doing on pensions is not just for us, but for every single working man and woman and for future generations.”

well we started with a final salary pension scheme and we've ended up with a lump sum and no guarantee of any income whatsoever in retirement.

Not too convinced that future generations will be doing cartwheels in our honor.
People who fought for these terms and conditions would be turning in their graves yet apathy pervades our nation and the CWU do all these clowns not realise we all get old and need a deferred wage in retirement and the best we can get. Cannot mention any names but some get £2 million pension pot for the same company fight for your rights and don't cave in to corporate greed!
Whysoslowyehcfc
Posts: 238
Joined: 02 Apr 2014, 15:57
Gender: Male

'Rock-solid unity' across Home Counties & London

Post by Whysoslowyehcfc »

"Area reps we have saved your jobs, so you won't have to do your duties, NOW GO OUT AND SELL IT TO THE MEMBERSHIP"
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

'Rock-solid unity' across Home Counties & London

Post by aiden01 »

Whysoslowyehcfc wrote:"Area reps we have saved your jobs, so you won't have to do your duties, NOW GO OUT AND SELL IT TO THE MEMBERSHIP"
WHO SAID THAT??
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

'Rock-solid unity' across Home Counties & London

Post by BELIAL »

Possibly the ones that get saturdays off;OT on request : and construct their own duties, just a guess.
Bye
Whysoslowyehcfc
Posts: 238
Joined: 02 Apr 2014, 15:57
Gender: Male

'Rock-solid unity' across Home Counties & London

Post by Whysoslowyehcfc »

They wanted to do away with area reps (meaning they would have to do their duties), but from what I've been told that has now disappeared, so they will have to do something to justify keeping their area rep jobs, (don't get me wrong, some work bloody hard, but some are out to get what they can out of it, just like postman who can't wait to jump ship and become managers)
But it's easy to tell people it's a good deal when you aren't doing the job, I.e -work longer,work harder and have every weekend off
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

'Rock-solid unity' across Home Counties & London

Post by Dorset Plodder »

So it's a Done Deal then is it ? Well I suppose I'd just better sharpen my pencil and wait for my ballot paper so I can put a big tick in the YES box. ;liar I know some may say we're all just a bunch of bitter & twisted cynics on here.... BUT is this really such a great deal? :hmmmm

My main reason for voting for IA was the Pension........ That's still not been sorted..... A pay rise for last year, that's not even backdated to the beginning of the year....... a promised pay rise for next year, that's already been eaten away by rising inflation..... and a promise for the year after, IF we hit some vague productivity targets that we don't even know about yet. :arrrghhh

I'm not really bothered about the Shorter Working Week........ because I know damn well they're not going to change anything about my duty, or the way I work, so I'm just going to be claiming another hours Pressure FFS! :arrrghhh

The one thing I am worried about is that as per usual, all the Dickheads will see the wad of banknotes that RM are trying to bribe them with to sign an Agreement..... And they'll go for it. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

'Rock-solid unity' across Home Counties & London

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Deputy General Secretary Postal (DGSP) Terry Pullinger said “What’s coming over is rock-solid support for the Four Pillars National Agreement, a determination to get a big ‘Yes’ vote in the forthcoming ballot.” :shock:
But it all depends how the ballot paper is worded, 'Yes' to going ahead with strikes or 'Yes' to what RM are offering. :crazy: :Applause :cuppa
panch1989
Posts: 104
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 07:44
Gender: Male

'Rock-solid unity' across Home Counties & London

Post by panch1989 »

Dorset Plodder wrote:So it's a Done Deal then is it ? Well I suppose I'd just better sharpen my pencil and wait for my ballot paper so I can put a big tick in the YES box. ;liar I know some may say we're all just a bunch of bitter & twisted cynics on here.... BUT is this really such a great deal? :hmmmm

My main reason for voting for IA was the Pension........ That's still not been sorted..... A pay rise for last year, that's not even backdated to the beginning of the year....... a promised pay rise for next year, that's already been eaten away by rising inflation..... and a promise for the year after, IF we hit some vague productivity targets that we don't even know about yet. :arrrghhh

I'm not really bothered about the Shorter Working Week........ because I know damn well they're not going to change anything about my duty, or the way I work, so I'm just going to be claiming another hours Pressure FFS! :arrrghhh

The one thing I am worried about is that as per usual, all the Dickheads will see the wad of banknotes that RM are trying to bribe them with to sign an Agreement..... And they'll go for it. :cuppa


Nail... Hammer.... Head