According to our rep the other day: "voting yes is a no brainer. There are loads of good things in the deal and we will be working an hour less from October"
Not sure if that was the result of a cwu briefing or if he has actually decided it all by himself. But I know which way I'll be voting.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
'Rock-solid unity' across Home Counties & London
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
'Rock-solid unity' across Home Counties & London
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
'Rock-solid unity' across Home Counties & London
People who fought for these terms and conditions would be turning in their graves yet apathy pervades our nation and the CWU do all these clowns not realise we all get old and need a deferred wage in retirement and the best we can get. Cannot mention any names but some get £2 million pension pot for the same company fight for your rights and don't cave in to corporate greed!BELIAL wrote:Luke Smith, deputy branch secretary Eastern No5, and his branch colleagues were planning to “do a whole round of gate meetings” across their patch, and remarked that “we’ll be talking about where we started and where we’ve ended up,” while Essex Amal’s Kevin Simpson made the point that “what we’re doing on pensions is not just for us, but for every single working man and woman and for future generations.”
well we started with a final salary pension scheme and we've ended up with a lump sum and no guarantee of any income whatsoever in retirement.
Not too convinced that future generations will be doing cartwheels in our honor.
-
Whysoslowyehcfc
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 02 Apr 2014, 15:57
- Gender: Male
'Rock-solid unity' across Home Counties & London
"Area reps we have saved your jobs, so you won't have to do your duties, NOW GO OUT AND SELL IT TO THE MEMBERSHIP"
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
'Rock-solid unity' across Home Counties & London
WHO SAID THAT??Whysoslowyehcfc wrote:"Area reps we have saved your jobs, so you won't have to do your duties, NOW GO OUT AND SELL IT TO THE MEMBERSHIP"
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
'Rock-solid unity' across Home Counties & London
Possibly the ones that get saturdays off;OT on request : and construct their own duties, just a guess.
Bye
-
Whysoslowyehcfc
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 02 Apr 2014, 15:57
- Gender: Male
'Rock-solid unity' across Home Counties & London
They wanted to do away with area reps (meaning they would have to do their duties), but from what I've been told that has now disappeared, so they will have to do something to justify keeping their area rep jobs, (don't get me wrong, some work bloody hard, but some are out to get what they can out of it, just like postman who can't wait to jump ship and become managers)
But it's easy to tell people it's a good deal when you aren't doing the job, I.e -work longer,work harder and have every weekend off
But it's easy to tell people it's a good deal when you aren't doing the job, I.e -work longer,work harder and have every weekend off
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
'Rock-solid unity' across Home Counties & London
So it's a Done Deal then is it ? Well I suppose I'd just better sharpen my pencil and wait for my ballot paper so I can put a big tick in the YES box.
I know some may say we're all just a bunch of bitter & twisted cynics on here.... BUT is this really such a great deal?
My main reason for voting for IA was the Pension........ That's still not been sorted..... A pay rise for last year, that's not even backdated to the beginning of the year....... a promised pay rise for next year, that's already been eaten away by rising inflation..... and a promise for the year after, IF we hit some vague productivity targets that we don't even know about yet.
I'm not really bothered about the Shorter Working Week........ because I know damn well they're not going to change anything about my duty, or the way I work, so I'm just going to be claiming another hours Pressure FFS!
The one thing I am worried about is that as per usual, all the Dickheads will see the wad of banknotes that RM are trying to bribe them with to sign an Agreement..... And they'll go for it.
My main reason for voting for IA was the Pension........ That's still not been sorted..... A pay rise for last year, that's not even backdated to the beginning of the year....... a promised pay rise for next year, that's already been eaten away by rising inflation..... and a promise for the year after, IF we hit some vague productivity targets that we don't even know about yet.
I'm not really bothered about the Shorter Working Week........ because I know damn well they're not going to change anything about my duty, or the way I work, so I'm just going to be claiming another hours Pressure FFS!
The one thing I am worried about is that as per usual, all the Dickheads will see the wad of banknotes that RM are trying to bribe them with to sign an Agreement..... And they'll go for it.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
'Rock-solid unity' across Home Counties & London
Deputy General Secretary Postal (DGSP) Terry Pullinger said “What’s coming over is rock-solid support for the Four Pillars National Agreement, a determination to get a big ‘Yes’ vote in the forthcoming ballot.”
But it all depends how the ballot paper is worded, 'Yes' to going ahead with strikes or 'Yes' to what RM are offering.

But it all depends how the ballot paper is worded, 'Yes' to going ahead with strikes or 'Yes' to what RM are offering.
-
panch1989
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 07:44
- Gender: Male
'Rock-solid unity' across Home Counties & London
Dorset Plodder wrote:So it's a Done Deal then is it ? Well I suppose I'd just better sharpen my pencil and wait for my ballot paper so I can put a big tick in the YES box.I know some may say we're all just a bunch of bitter & twisted cynics on here.... BUT is this really such a great deal?
![]()
My main reason for voting for IA was the Pension........ That's still not been sorted..... A pay rise for last year, that's not even backdated to the beginning of the year....... a promised pay rise for next year, that's already been eaten away by rising inflation..... and a promise for the year after, IF we hit some vague productivity targets that we don't even know about yet.![]()
I'm not really bothered about the Shorter Working Week........ because I know damn well they're not going to change anything about my duty, or the way I work, so I'm just going to be claiming another hours Pressure FFS!
The one thing I am worried about is that as per usual, all the Dickheads will see the wad of banknotes that RM are trying to bribe them with to sign an Agreement..... And they'll go for it.
Nail... Hammer.... Head