ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Annual Leave Requests.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
thedonkey
- Posts: 141
- Joined: 28 Nov 2016, 13:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Annual Leave Requests.
Oh and if any of their favourites might want a day off. In our place 5 or 6 special ones can get tickets for footy, gig, star wars convention or whatever with as little as 24 hours notice and leave is granted immediately whereas I make several requests months ahead and go through the denial process everytime and have to carry days over into the next year or have 2 weeks leave in February.clashcityrocker wrote:Now they have to try and factor in how many drivers are off.
Then they have to try and have spare bodies if the sector is short.
They don't really have a clue what they are doing.
The intellectual pigmies prefer just to deny all leave in the hope they will have enough staff.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32809
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Annual Leave Requests.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Annual Leave Requests.
Is there anyway of taking holiday when all the leave spaces available for the rest of the year have gone and I have 6 days left as if I roll them over I will end up with more
Cheers
Cheers
-
Destiny
- Posts: 200
- Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
- Gender: Male
- Location: North
Re: Annual Leave Requests.
If it's on a block how is free choice & flexibility available each year without external factors?97gaz wrote:.As I've stated before our summer block is on a rota. The staff know when their summer leave is up till 2030.
Last year I had 4 weeks in August due to how my pick fell so family went far and away, this year I'm not fussed but 2019 I'm having 3 weeks in August. How can your system improve this for my office. Just over 100 so not much difference. We are on a rotating 3 block allocation. Everyone who wants them always gets 1 or 2 weeks in summer or other premium school holidays, Easter slots.
Post up your formula if you will, kind of lost with this method but always open to improvements.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Annual Leave Requests.
Are any of those six days part of your basic entitlement excluding any days purchased?terry2972 wrote:Is there anyway of taking holiday when all the leave spaces available for the rest of the year have gone and I have 6 days left as if I roll them over I will end up with more
Cheers
If they are, I believe you are legally entitled to take them before this annaul leave year is finished in late March.
What I've no idea on is, if there were numerous leave slots you could have knowingly taken earlier in the year, how this affects your position to insist on getting your legal minimum leave entitlement.