ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Annual Leave Requests.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Re: Annual Leave Requests.

Post by 97gaz »

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
thedonkey
Posts: 141
Joined: 28 Nov 2016, 13:57
Gender: Male

Re: Annual Leave Requests.

Post by thedonkey »

clashcityrocker wrote:Now they have to try and factor in how many drivers are off.
Then they have to try and have spare bodies if the sector is short.
They don't really have a clue what they are doing.
The intellectual pigmies prefer just to deny all leave in the hope they will have enough staff.
Oh and if any of their favourites might want a day off. In our place 5 or 6 special ones can get tickets for footy, gig, star wars convention or whatever with as little as 24 hours notice and leave is granted immediately whereas I make several requests months ahead and go through the denial process everytime and have to carry days over into the next year or have 2 weeks leave in February. :evil/mad
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32809
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Annual Leave Requests.

Post by POSTMAN »

I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Annual Leave Requests.

Post by terry2972 »

Is there anyway of taking holiday when all the leave spaces available for the rest of the year have gone and I have 6 days left as if I roll them over I will end up with more
Cheers
Destiny
Posts: 200
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
Gender: Male
Location: North

Re: Annual Leave Requests.

Post by Destiny »

97gaz wrote:.As I've stated before our summer block is on a rota. The staff know when their summer leave is up till 2030.
If it's on a block how is free choice & flexibility available each year without external factors?
Last year I had 4 weeks in August due to how my pick fell so family went far and away, this year I'm not fussed but 2019 I'm having 3 weeks in August. How can your system improve this for my office. Just over 100 so not much difference. We are on a rotating 3 block allocation. Everyone who wants them always gets 1 or 2 weeks in summer or other premium school holidays, Easter slots.
Post up your formula if you will, kind of lost with this method but always open to improvements. :thumbup
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Annual Leave Requests.

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

terry2972 wrote:Is there anyway of taking holiday when all the leave spaces available for the rest of the year have gone and I have 6 days left as if I roll them over I will end up with more
Cheers
Are any of those six days part of your basic entitlement excluding any days purchased?

If they are, I believe you are legally entitled to take them before this annaul leave year is finished in late March.

What I've no idea on is, if there were numerous leave slots you could have knowingly taken earlier in the year, how this affects your position to insist on getting your legal minimum leave entitlement.