18 days for them to return to sender if not collected from the enquiry office I believeShaders wrote:It wasn’t a special but I delivered a parcel last week at the fifth attempt.
I didn’t flag it up to anyone because I just wanted to see how many times it would take to get rid of it.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Re delivery of specials
-
woofwoof
- Posts: 1516
- Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
- Gender: Male
- Location: stinky land
Re delivery of specials
-
equaliser
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 30 Dec 2010, 18:32
- Gender: Male
Re delivery of specials
Today I had one Saturday Guarantee and two ordinary specials. I tried to argue that the special without the Saturday Guarantee didn't have to be delivered by 1pm but the guy in the locker, who is also the delivery office CWU rep was having none of it and just kept pointing to the 1pm on the silver sticker. Even the Royal Mail website says that delivery is the next *working day* so how do I get our union guy to know what he's talking about?number one wrote:No it does not as the next day guarantee is no longer active. This is also the case for non Saturday guarantee (SG) specials.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re delivery of specials
Why would you treat it any differently to any other special delivery?
Royal Mail's terms and conditions for compensation have nothing much to do with us.
Royal Mail's terms and conditions for compensation have nothing much to do with us.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
t3mcIUQWE2
- Posts: 137
- Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
- Gender: Male
Re delivery of specials
equaliser wrote:Today I had one Saturday Guarantee and two ordinary specials. I tried to argue that the special without the Saturday Guarantee didn't have to be delivered by 1pm but the guy in the locker, who is also the delivery office CWU rep was having none of it and just kept pointing to the 1pm on the silver sticker. Even the Royal Mail website says that delivery is the next *working day* so how do I get our union guy to know what he's talking about?
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re delivery of specials
They may have changed the rules on this but several years ago I used to send out many signed-for parcels and any that were not collected after a week, I was able to request a redelivery attempt just by using the tracking number I had.
I'd always request them for the Saturday only because I reckoned there was more chance of the people being at home.
Just saying, unless they've changed the rules since then, it could easily be the sender requesting multiple redeliveries, not the recipient.
I'd always request them for the Saturday only because I reckoned there was more chance of the people being at home.
Just saying, unless they've changed the rules since then, it could easily be the sender requesting multiple redeliveries, not the recipient.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Re delivery of specials
He's talking through his a***. I have delivered many of specials on Sat past 1pm and nothing is ever said. What's the point of offering SG if we had to deliver normal specials before 1pm on Sat.equaliser wrote:Today I had one Saturday Guarantee and two ordinary specials. I tried to argue that the special without the Saturday Guarantee didn't have to be delivered by 1pm but the guy in the locker, who is also the delivery office CWU rep was having none of it and just kept pointing to the 1pm on the silver sticker. Even the Royal Mail website says that delivery is the next *working day* so how do I get our union guy to know what he's talking about?number one wrote:No it does not as the next day guarantee is no longer active. This is also the case for non Saturday guarantee (SG) specials.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re delivery of specials
Because from a compensation point of view it's guaranteed.What's the point of offering SG if we had to deliver normal specials before 1pm on Sat.
The real question is why do Royal Mail charge extra for a Saturday Guaranteed?
It's an archaic throwback to a time when Saturday wasn't a "business day".
It's a bit of a con really.
The real truth is that nobody is that interested in the "before 1pm" part of a Special Delivery contract. They want next day guaranteed and a decent level of insurance in case it goes missing.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
t3mcIUQWE2
- Posts: 137
- Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
- Gender: Male
Re delivery of specials
Nope.fishtank wrote:Because from a compensation point of view it's guaranteed.What's the point of offering SG if we had to deliver normal specials before 1pm on Sat.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re delivery of specials
If you take the time to think about what I wrote you'll realise that I'm talking about the SG being guaranteed. That's the point of offering a Saturday Guaranteed service. Customer compensation if it fails.t3mcIUQWE2 wrote:Nope.fishtank wrote:Because from a compensation point of view it's guaranteed.What's the point of offering SG if we had to deliver normal specials before 1pm on Sat.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Re delivery of specials
That's what I was trying to suggest.fishtank wrote:What's the point of offering SG if we had to deliver normal specials before 1pm on Sat.
The real question is why do Royal Mail charge extra for a Saturday Guaranteed?
It's an archaic throwback to a time when Saturday wasn't a "business day".
It's a bit of a con really.
-
woofwoof
- Posts: 1516
- Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
- Gender: Male
- Location: stinky land
Re delivery of specials
Yet under the uso parcels are exempt from this and specialsfishtank wrote:If you take the time to think about what I wrote you'll realise that I'm talking about the SG being guaranteed. That's the point of offering a Saturday Guaranteed service. Customer compensation if it fails.t3mcIUQWE2 wrote:Nope.fishtank wrote:Because from a compensation point of view it's guaranteed.What's the point of offering SG if we had to deliver normal specials before 1pm on Sat.