ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Re delivery of specials

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
woofwoof
Posts: 1516
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
Gender: Male
Location: stinky land

Re delivery of specials

Post by woofwoof »

Shaders wrote:It wasn’t a special but I delivered a parcel last week at the fifth attempt.
I didn’t flag it up to anyone because I just wanted to see how many times it would take to get rid of it. :nana
18 days for them to return to sender if not collected from the enquiry office I believe
equaliser
Posts: 3
Joined: 30 Dec 2010, 18:32
Gender: Male

Re delivery of specials

Post by equaliser »

number one wrote:No it does not as the next day guarantee is no longer active. This is also the case for non Saturday guarantee (SG) specials.
Today I had one Saturday Guarantee and two ordinary specials. I tried to argue that the special without the Saturday Guarantee didn't have to be delivered by 1pm but the guy in the locker, who is also the delivery office CWU rep was having none of it and just kept pointing to the 1pm on the silver sticker. Even the Royal Mail website says that delivery is the next *working day* so how do I get our union guy to know what he's talking about?
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re delivery of specials

Post by fishtank »

Why would you treat it any differently to any other special delivery?
Royal Mail's terms and conditions for compensation have nothing much to do with us.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
t3mcIUQWE2
Posts: 137
Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
Gender: Male

Re delivery of specials

Post by t3mcIUQWE2 »

equaliser wrote:Today I had one Saturday Guarantee and two ordinary specials. I tried to argue that the special without the Saturday Guarantee didn't have to be delivered by 1pm but the guy in the locker, who is also the delivery office CWU rep was having none of it and just kept pointing to the 1pm on the silver sticker. Even the Royal Mail website says that delivery is the next *working day* so how do I get our union guy to know what he's talking about?
:d'oh! Patiently explain that he's right, it's 1pm Monday. If he still doesn't get it ignore the idiot. :arrrghhh
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re delivery of specials

Post by wannabeek »

They may have changed the rules on this but several years ago I used to send out many signed-for parcels and any that were not collected after a week, I was able to request a redelivery attempt just by using the tracking number I had.

I'd always request them for the Saturday only because I reckoned there was more chance of the people being at home.

Just saying, unless they've changed the rules since then, it could easily be the sender requesting multiple redeliveries, not the recipient.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Re delivery of specials

Post by CPTNemoUK »

equaliser wrote:
number one wrote:No it does not as the next day guarantee is no longer active. This is also the case for non Saturday guarantee (SG) specials.
Today I had one Saturday Guarantee and two ordinary specials. I tried to argue that the special without the Saturday Guarantee didn't have to be delivered by 1pm but the guy in the locker, who is also the delivery office CWU rep was having none of it and just kept pointing to the 1pm on the silver sticker. Even the Royal Mail website says that delivery is the next *working day* so how do I get our union guy to know what he's talking about?
He's talking through his a***. I have delivered many of specials on Sat past 1pm and nothing is ever said. What's the point of offering SG if we had to deliver normal specials before 1pm on Sat. :arrrghhh
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re delivery of specials

Post by fishtank »

What's the point of offering SG if we had to deliver normal specials before 1pm on Sat. :arrrghhh
Because from a compensation point of view it's guaranteed.

The real question is why do Royal Mail charge extra for a Saturday Guaranteed?
It's an archaic throwback to a time when Saturday wasn't a "business day".
It's a bit of a con really.

The real truth is that nobody is that interested in the "before 1pm" part of a Special Delivery contract. They want next day guaranteed and a decent level of insurance in case it goes missing.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
t3mcIUQWE2
Posts: 137
Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
Gender: Male

Re delivery of specials

Post by t3mcIUQWE2 »

fishtank wrote:
What's the point of offering SG if we had to deliver normal specials before 1pm on Sat. :arrrghhh
Because from a compensation point of view it's guaranteed.
Nope. :arrrghhh
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re delivery of specials

Post by fishtank »

t3mcIUQWE2 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
What's the point of offering SG if we had to deliver normal specials before 1pm on Sat. :arrrghhh
Because from a compensation point of view it's guaranteed.
Nope. :arrrghhh
If you take the time to think about what I wrote you'll realise that I'm talking about the SG being guaranteed. That's the point of offering a Saturday Guaranteed service. Customer compensation if it fails.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Re delivery of specials

Post by CPTNemoUK »

fishtank wrote:
What's the point of offering SG if we had to deliver normal specials before 1pm on Sat. :arrrghhh


The real question is why do Royal Mail charge extra for a Saturday Guaranteed?
It's an archaic throwback to a time when Saturday wasn't a "business day".
It's a bit of a con really.
That's what I was trying to suggest.
woofwoof
Posts: 1516
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
Gender: Male
Location: stinky land

Re delivery of specials

Post by woofwoof »

fishtank wrote:
t3mcIUQWE2 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
What's the point of offering SG if we had to deliver normal specials before 1pm on Sat. :arrrghhh
Because from a compensation point of view it's guaranteed.
Nope. :arrrghhh
If you take the time to think about what I wrote you'll realise that I'm talking about the SG being guaranteed. That's the point of offering a Saturday Guaranteed service. Customer compensation if it fails.
Yet under the uso parcels are exempt from this and specials