ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Failing offices
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Failing offices
Got back to the office today to see York's of packets failed. Two things why I don't give a toss.1 I'm off tomorrow and 2 my walk was cleared
. Merry Christmas everyone. 
-
samuraijack
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 09 Feb 2010, 16:22
- Gender: Male
Failing offices
Lack of investment, especially at this time of the year is unforgivable by the powers that be, oh well as long as the big boy investors get there pound of flesh, feck the posties .
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Failing offices
Apparently Poole Mail Centre failed for the 3rd day in a row.
My DO seems to managing..... Just. But relies on the same group of Posties, I will not call them, "The Chosen Few", because they're more like, "The Damned"! They're the ones that have committed to coming in early, taking out extra loops and parcels on overtime and covering the collections.
They're getting to look a bit frazzled, I think they did it for previous Christmases but this one seems to be a lot harder.
I'm not too bothered as I'm getting help with my Duty, still doing a bit of OT but nothing stupid. I refuse to be emotionally blackmailed into sorting out RM's badly organised Christmas!
I'm not too bothered as I'm getting help with my Duty, still doing a bit of OT but nothing stupid. I refuse to be emotionally blackmailed into sorting out RM's badly organised Christmas!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Failing offices
Exactly,the postie is a special breed,great hardworking people who are being treated appallingly,mdm wrote:I'm out of it as well and it seems nothing changes does it! I've been talking to my usual postie and I can tell he's stressed to hell!Brandy wrote:You poor posties,so glad I got out.This company is an utter disgrace!!!!
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Failing offices
Did the sole plodder manage to pick up the slack?comeracing wrote:20redheadedwoman wrote:How many in the office?Justanotherstar wrote:Benfleet office had 19 go sick...as well as a manager![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Don't think they'll ever catch up
-
woody38
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
- Gender: Male
Failing offices
At our office the more u moan the more they help u, the moaners coming back on time looking relaxed and fresh, everybody else knackered & done in.
-
kingeric
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 13:45
- Gender: Male
Failing offices
Think it's like that at most offices.woody38 wrote:At our office the more u moan the more they help u, the moaners coming back on time looking relaxed and fresh, everybody else knackered & done in.
I'm one of the guys who has been coming in early and working later to clear the parcels. These moaners all say "why are you helping them out?". Yet they get all the help and are tending to finish early too.
But I'm not doing this to help royal mail. I've been in the job a long time now and I've always seen Xmas as a time to build up a bit of overtime to have a few good night's out over Xmas. I also want to make sure my customers get everything they ordered. Our managers have been working all hours and going out covering rows of walks too. So it's not like they're sat laughing at us. It is a tough time this year and like others have said we're all feeling tired and worn out now. But it's nearly over.
One thing I have noticed is there are less people willing to go that extra mile than in recent years so royal mail really needs to rethink its strategy for next Xmas because one year there will be a massive collapse if not.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Failing offices
Told my manager to f**k Off today needed to be said and don't be afraid of saying it somethings are more important than ROYAL FAIL!Brandy wrote:Exactly,the postie is a special breed,great hardworking people who are being treated appallingly,mdm wrote:I'm out of it as well and it seems nothing changes does it! I've been talking to my usual postie and I can tell he's stressed to hell!Brandy wrote:You poor posties,so glad I got out.This company is an utter disgrace!!!!
-
DGH
- Posts: 710
- Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Neither here nor there
Failing offices
Very true.kingeric wrote: One thing I have noticed is there are less people willing to go that extra mile than in recent years so royal mail really needs to rethink its strategy for next Xmas because one year there will be a massive collapse if not.
I don't know which genius(es) amongst the directors thought that a summer autumn strategy of attempting to force unfeasible flexing on already overlong walks whilst simultaneously threatening to slash pension benefits and massively degrade terms and conditions would motivate staff to go 'the extra mile' at Christmas, but they're reaping the consequences in our office for one. A small core of staff (largely but not exclusively those on rural deliveries and new starters) are working very long days indeed in an attempt to clear. But we have about 50% of rounds that have at least 2-3 days worth of packets and letters still to clear and a good few others who are still a day behind.
It is a proper shambles.
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
Failing offices
Ours failed gain this year, no difference from previous years, will get sorted in January as usual. They will insist in having Xmas in December, when we are busy. 
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Failing offices
They never learn but still get a bonus hay hoe!Nigel1505 wrote:Ours failed gain this year, no difference from previous years, will get sorted in January as usual. They will insist in having Xmas in December, when we are busy.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Failing offices
One day something radical might happen, like setting duty sizes by the Xmas pressure workload, rather than typically a super quiet model week in August.
... When we have long since been pushing up the daisies!
... When we have long since been pushing up the daisies!
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Failing offices
We are only a medium size office with roughly 40 walks, mail centre crippled, didn’t get any sequence today and then 5 York’s of packets come in too late so are sat there waiting for tomorrow, along with what comes in tomorrow.
Think tomorrow is going to be a very interesting day, hardly anyone is willing to work over
Think tomorrow is going to be a very interesting day, hardly anyone is willing to work over
-
wallop
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 251
- Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 07:34
- Gender: Male
Failing offices
Doubt my Mum will get her Xmas card then,I only posted this morning.Justanotherstar wrote:Benfleet office had 19 go sick...as well as a manager![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Don't think they'll ever catch up
The one she sent me took a week and i only got last weeks payslip on Wednesday.
-
toomuchcoke
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
- Gender: Male
Failing offices
Several of my colleagues have commented that this has been the most shambolic Christmas they've ever seen. I think the situation in my office is largely down to a combination of a fecked off collection of staff due to some on-going local issues, and a (new-ish) management team who I believe are inexperienced with managing an office of our size and with our split of town:rural deliveries. (They're also not great at communicating or organising, but credit where credit is due they are better than average at responding to developing situations.) Wonder of wonders the office is actually largely clearing every day, though that's largely due to some heroic efforts by those staff who haven't quite thrown the towel in yet - I suspect that the office overtime budget has been smashed into smithereens, and the pieces then stomped on a lot!samuraijack wrote:Tell me ,how many other d/o s failing? Always had 4 dedicated drivers for large pkts ect,now this year we have 1 sometimes. walks not going out ,packets sometimes in the office for upto 3 days,moral has never been so bad at Christmas plus people unsurprisingly are just going off with stress.In 14 years this has truly been the worst so far. Sad thing is I can not see things getting any better ,deal or no deal.