ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas pressure
-
thekiddykid
- Posts: 116
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Christmas pressure
Our office was a total joke yesterday. Yorks of oversize packets left everywhere, mail left in fittings by fed up posties not wanting to work till 230 on a Saturday, and god knows what waiting for us in the morning!!!! Valium anyone 
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Christmas pressure
thekiddykid wrote:Our office was a total joke yesterday. Yorks of oversize packets left everywhere, mail left in fittings by fed up posties not wanting to work till 230 on a Saturday, and god knows what waiting for us in the morning!!!! Valium anyone
I expect most offices are trying to run their business on a shoestring. Previous at Xmas, DOMs would throw everyone into working overtime, and most staff would gladly do it when you knew you could still get finished by 2pm. Now, no-one seems to like finishing at 4-5pm, and who can blame them??
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
sixfoottwo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 569
- Joined: 11 May 2017, 15:15
- Gender: Male
Christmas pressure
Left a loop in today and a york stacked with parcels for that loop, first time I've culled in over 10 years! strangely felt bad doing it
I think I am losing it
I think I am losing it
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Christmas pressure
It's not you Royalmail has lost it service it's a joke profit before anything attitude and it's all failed even before we went on strike!sixfoottwo wrote:Left a loop in today and a york stacked with parcels for that loop, first time I've culled in over 10 years! strangely felt bad doing it![]()
I think I am losing it
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Christmas pressure
Personally, and I suspect I am in the majority in saying, that most posties allegiance lies with who we deem to be the customer and whom RM deem to be the recipient. I can't remember the last time I cut off which is also why I effectively do a lot of work unpaid. The walks are all to long in my humble opinion and we have travelled too far down the road to fix it now. Just throw elastoplast at the damage and hope it all holds together.sixfoottwo wrote:Left a loop in today and a york stacked with parcels for that loop, first time I've culled in over 10 years! strangely felt bad doing it![]()
I think I am losing it
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
sixfoottwo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 569
- Joined: 11 May 2017, 15:15
- Gender: Male
Christmas pressure
Did I misread that bitCelgar wrote:Personally, and I suspect I am in the majority in saying, that most posties allegiance lies with who we deem to be the customer and whom RM deem to be the recipient. I can't remember the last time I cut off which is also why I effectively do a lot of work unpaid. The walks are all to long in my humble opinion and we have travelled too far down the road to fix it now. Just throw elastoplast at the damage and hope it all holds together.sixfoottwo wrote:Left a loop in today and a york stacked with parcels for that loop, first time I've culled in over 10 years! strangely felt bad doing it![]()
I think I am losing it
Going back to my situation, I hate leaving stuff in to be quite honest and like I say it doesn't normally happen however I have commitments outside work which I can't just drop sadly.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Christmas pressure
Nope you didn't misread that. Our walks are acknowledged by our DOM to be the longest in our area. Given that RM have reorganised the whole network into four areas this isn't necessarily a good situation. But we were informed today that most other offices are lapsing whereas we are not.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Christmas pressure
Right.....WHATCelgar wrote:Before last year we could book all extended delivery at Christmas time. Last year they had more of a budget and were talking about spreading it out fairly so people who were getting done before time wouls get paid some extended.
As I mentioned in my other post though the rest of the year we don't get paid for any work done past the finish time on our ownwe won't be able to book any Christmas pressure either til the W/C 4th or 11th of December - hopefully from the 4th December.
I don't think we will get any for this week either which is bad really.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Christmas pressure
Don’t work for free what on Earth are you playing atCelgar wrote:Nope you didn't misread that. Our walks are acknowledged by our DOM to be the longest in our area. Given that RM have reorganised the whole network into four areas this isn't necessarily a good situation. But we were informed today that most other offices are lapsing whereas we are not.
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Christmas pressure
Never ever work for free. Ever. Either claim over time or cut off. Royal Mail have to pay for their business decisions. This isn’t a charity!
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Christmas pressure
if someone is going to work for free to cover up over the cracks, then they have no right to complain
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Christmas pressure
Noticed a lot of stuff being left in frames and brought back in our DO and am beginning to see why. Like someone said above I also try to deliver everything for the customers on my duty, but the constant questioning by management is baffling.
I'm going in early to do parcels and am happy enough to go over, but it's certainly not for the money (I'm not some rich eccentric, just not wired up to care about money too much as long I have just enough!). Yet you have to wonder what the point is when you're questioned over how many parcels you have in your van first thing and then when you get back later on from your duty you have your extended overtime questioned. I don't get it...why harass people who are happy and willing to help out? It seems like management think we're all on the make and going out and parking up to have a twenty minute nap between each loop.
Way I'm starting to see it is if you're gonna get harassed for trying to help out then you might as well get harassed for having a lie-in and starting and finishing to time.
I'm going in early to do parcels and am happy enough to go over, but it's certainly not for the money (I'm not some rich eccentric, just not wired up to care about money too much as long I have just enough!). Yet you have to wonder what the point is when you're questioned over how many parcels you have in your van first thing and then when you get back later on from your duty you have your extended overtime questioned. I don't get it...why harass people who are happy and willing to help out? It seems like management think we're all on the make and going out and parking up to have a twenty minute nap between each loop.
Way I'm starting to see it is if you're gonna get harassed for trying to help out then you might as well get harassed for having a lie-in and starting and finishing to time.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.