My rest day after Christmas is Tuesday (Boxing Day). Can I insist on another day off that week as I don't want the day added to my leave allocation?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
-
calsae
- Posts: 95
- Joined: 02 Jul 2013, 21:50
- Gender: Male
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
I just want to work my hours, no more no less.
My rest day after Christmas is Tuesday (Boxing Day). Can I insist on another day off that week as I don't want the day added to my leave allocation?
My rest day after Christmas is Tuesday (Boxing Day). Can I insist on another day off that week as I don't want the day added to my leave allocation?
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3731
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
Think the rule is only if it can be accommodated operationally, if not then you have the choice between day off in lieu or pay but ensure youcalsae wrote:I just want to work my hours, no more no less.
My rest day after Christmas is Tuesday (Boxing Day). Can I insist on another day off that week as I don't want the day added to my leave allocation?
inform management beforehand as don't think the choice can be made retrospectively.
And the link to the whole bank holiday/lieu day/pay topic thread is here (perhaps worthy of a bump too):
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... oliday+pay" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
HarryPoorer
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 06 Jul 2011, 21:07
- Gender: Male
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
last year the mail was delayed right up until xmas eve, this year, failing already but now we do more scanning, loop 7's and emptying pillar boxes! 
-
calsae
- Posts: 95
- Joined: 02 Jul 2013, 21:50
- Gender: Male
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
yellowbelly wrote:Think the rule is only if it can be accommodated operationally, if not then you have the choice between day off in lieu or pay but ensure youcalsae wrote:I just want to work my hours, no more no less.
My rest day after Christmas is Tuesday (Boxing Day). Can I insist on another day off that week as I don't want the day added to my leave allocation?
inform management beforehand as don't think the choice can be made retrospectively.
And the link to the whole bank holiday/lieu day/pay topic thread is here (perhaps worthy of a bump too):
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... oliday+pay" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the link
-
weary_posty
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Gender: Male
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
Me and my partner are working to rule... going over a couple hours every day. Managers seem happy to pay us and we're happy with the OT.
I like to try and not let down the recipients (because they're not the customers im told) this time of year. They usually look after us in return
I like to try and not let down the recipients (because they're not the customers im told) this time of year. They usually look after us in return
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
This statement doesn't seem to tie up with you saying you're working a couple of hours extra a day. Surely if you are actually working to rule (although I hate that saying) you would be finishing at the end of your contracted hours?weary_posty wrote:Me and my partner are working to rule... going over a couple hours every day. Managers seem happy to pay us and we're happy with the OT.
I like to try and not let down the recipients (because they're not the customers im told) this time of year. They usually look after us in return
If anyone fancies a bit of overtime I haven't got a problem. It's only when managers "Assume" that everyone will
be "Going that extra mile" (another saying I hate) that I get upset. Christmas pressure should be planned for and if extra staff are needed they should be drafted in. I refuse to feel guilty because there's too much mail for me to deliver within my Duty time.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)