ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Are you cutting off this Christmas?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.

Are you cutting off this Christmas due to a lack of extra staff in delivery?

YES
232
73%
NO
85
27%
 
Total votes: 317

cityfc2
Posts: 11
Joined: 09 Nov 2015, 22:41
Gender: Male

Are you cutting off this Christmas?

Post by cityfc2 »

We are short of 3 staff from an office of 14. 1 long term sick 2 left. Should have new starter on 29 nov and 9 dec pathetic and dom won't talk about it,but the idiots still run round,failing most days but bet its not reported. :arrrghhh
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Are you cutting off this Christmas?

Post by Brandy »

shepherdess wrote:Why oh why don't Royal Mail put any of the extra staff in Delivery office's instead of putting the already stressed staff under even more pressure
Just so they can make even more money.Just sheer greed again!
Tman
Posts: 4146
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Are you cutting off this Christmas?

Post by Tman »

Brandy wrote:
shepherdess wrote:Why oh why don't Royal Mail put any of the extra staff in Delivery office's instead of putting the already stressed staff under even more pressure
Just so they can make even more money.Just sheer greed again!
Despite the amount of negative postings you make you clearly miss RM! :whistle
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Are you cutting off this Christmas?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Tman wrote:
Brandy wrote:
shepherdess wrote:Why oh why don't Royal Mail put any of the extra staff in Delivery office's instead of putting the already stressed staff under even more pressure
Just so they can make even more money.Just sheer greed again!
Despite the amount of negative postings you make you clearly miss RM! :whistle
Yes - she has already said that.
Brandy wrote: I used to love being a postie,even looked forward to going to work,loved the cameraderie and banter from my fellow posties,but in the end the awful treatment dished out by the managers made me hate the job I had loved for so many years.
Brandy wrote:The cameraderie amongst the posties is unique,and I miss this and like you I loved the banter,
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Are you cutting off this Christmas?

Post by fishtank »

Teebs, you're wasting your time with that one. I'm sure the feeling of superiority he got from it didn't last long. The thing about being a sniper is it's a lonely job out there hiding in the bushes all day hoping for a cheap shot.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Are you cutting off this Christmas?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

fishtank wrote:Teebs, you're wasting your time with that one. I'm sure the feeling of superiority he got from it didn't last long. The thing about being a sniper is it's a lonely job out there hiding in the bushes all day hoping for a cheap shot.
To be frank, although I replied to him, the message is really to Brandy.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Tman
Posts: 4146
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Are you cutting off this Christmas?

Post by Tman »

You boys eh? :wink:
I'm guess I'm lucky to be posting in such exalted company, but that aside, quite why anyone would continue to post (negatively) after leaving is a mystery.
Never mind...on with the cutting-off debate.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Are you cutting off this Christmas?

Post by fishtank »

Tman wrote:quite why anyone would continue to post (negatively) after leaving is a mystery..
No it's not. Lord Lucan's whereabouts are a mystery, who actually watches Made in Chelsea is a mystery, how Keith Richards is still alive is a mystery.
This is just a mystery to you, that doesn't really make it noteworthy though. I'm sure many things are a mystery to you.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Are you cutting off this Christmas?

Post by Postie45 »

as a great philosopher once said - "life is a mystery"
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Are you cutting off this Christmas?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Tman wrote:You boys eh? :wink:
I'm guess I'm lucky to be posting in such exalted company, but that aside, quite why anyone would continue to post (negatively) after leaving is a mystery.
Never mind...on with the cutting-off debate.
The clue in why they are is in the posts I quoted so hopefully that mystery is cleared up.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Phantom
Posts: 1234
Joined: 27 Dec 2007, 18:17
Gender: Female
Location: New York

Are you cutting off this Christmas?

Post by Phantom »

Tman wrote:Never mind...on with the cutting-off debate.
Yes so belt up! We are discussing our incompetent board, yet again.
CUT OFF!!!
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Are you cutting off this Christmas?

Post by Brandy »

Tman wrote:
Brandy wrote:
shepherdess wrote:Why oh why don't Royal Mail put any of the extra staff in Delivery office's instead of putting the already stressed staff under even more pressure
Just so they can make even more money.Just sheer greed again!
Despite the amount of negative postings you make you clearly miss RM! :whistle
Yes I miss the posties and the banter,but not the job or the bullying managers. Yes I did say yes but in the end I was made to hate the job I had loved for so many years by the awful managers. :cry
DGH
Posts: 710
Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
Gender: Male
Location: Neither here nor there

Are you cutting off this Christmas?

Post by DGH »

I won't cut off if I'm on a walking delivery but will if on a shared van delivery and my partner wants to.
Ozzvaldo
Posts: 476
Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
Gender: Female

Are you cutting off this Christmas?

Post by Ozzvaldo »

My partner and I will be cutting off. The finish time in my office is already 3.15pm, so we're not prepared to work until 5-6pm every day for the next 5 weeks, which is the sort of time we'll be looking at.

We've both done circa 25 years now and am starting to feel the aches and strains of these ridiculously large deliveries which are too large even in the Summer. it's also getting dark as we approach our regular finish time so delivery is even more difficult the further we extend. The management are saying the workload is basically ours and It'll be waiting for us the next day....good, We'll leave even more in the following day.

I'm fed up of bailing out these RM conmen at Christmas.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Are you cutting off this Christmas?

Post by k979aaa »

Ozzvaldo wrote:My partner and I will be cutting off. The finish time in my office is already 3.15pm, so we're not prepared to work until 5-6pm every day for the next 5 weeks, which is the sort of time we'll be looking at.

We've both done circa 25 years now and am starting to feel the aches and strains of these ridiculously large deliveries which are too large even in the Summer. it's also getting dark as we approach our regular finish time so delivery is even more difficult the further we extend. The management are saying the workload is basically ours and It'll be waiting for us the next day....good, We'll leave even more in the following day.

I'm fed up of bailing out these RM conmen at Christmas.
Don't feel so bad it is not your fault you are but a hard working postwoman with ever increasing demands upon you but don't forget you have a start time a finish time and a meal relief in between and good luck and all the best for your fortitude may many more do as you do. :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause