ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
-
cityfc2
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 09 Nov 2015, 22:41
- Gender: Male
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
We are short of 3 staff from an office of 14. 1 long term sick 2 left. Should have new starter on 29 nov and 9 dec pathetic and dom won't talk about it,but the idiots still run round,failing most days but bet its not reported. 
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
Just so they can make even more money.Just sheer greed again!shepherdess wrote:Why oh why don't Royal Mail put any of the extra staff in Delivery office's instead of putting the already stressed staff under even more pressure
-
Tman
- Posts: 4146
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
Despite the amount of negative postings you make you clearly miss RM!Brandy wrote:Just so they can make even more money.Just sheer greed again!shepherdess wrote:Why oh why don't Royal Mail put any of the extra staff in Delivery office's instead of putting the already stressed staff under even more pressure
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
Yes - she has already said that.Tman wrote:Despite the amount of negative postings you make you clearly miss RM!Brandy wrote:Just so they can make even more money.Just sheer greed again!shepherdess wrote:Why oh why don't Royal Mail put any of the extra staff in Delivery office's instead of putting the already stressed staff under even more pressure
Brandy wrote: I used to love being a postie,even looked forward to going to work,loved the cameraderie and banter from my fellow posties,but in the end the awful treatment dished out by the managers made me hate the job I had loved for so many years.
Brandy wrote:The cameraderie amongst the posties is unique,and I miss this and like you I loved the banter,
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
Teebs, you're wasting your time with that one. I'm sure the feeling of superiority he got from it didn't last long. The thing about being a sniper is it's a lonely job out there hiding in the bushes all day hoping for a cheap shot.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
To be frank, although I replied to him, the message is really to Brandy.fishtank wrote:Teebs, you're wasting your time with that one. I'm sure the feeling of superiority he got from it didn't last long. The thing about being a sniper is it's a lonely job out there hiding in the bushes all day hoping for a cheap shot.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Tman
- Posts: 4146
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
You boys eh?
I'm guess I'm lucky to be posting in such exalted company, but that aside, quite why anyone would continue to post (negatively) after leaving is a mystery.
Never mind...on with the cutting-off debate.
I'm guess I'm lucky to be posting in such exalted company, but that aside, quite why anyone would continue to post (negatively) after leaving is a mystery.
Never mind...on with the cutting-off debate.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
No it's not. Lord Lucan's whereabouts are a mystery, who actually watches Made in Chelsea is a mystery, how Keith Richards is still alive is a mystery.Tman wrote:quite why anyone would continue to post (negatively) after leaving is a mystery..
This is just a mystery to you, that doesn't really make it noteworthy though. I'm sure many things are a mystery to you.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
as a great philosopher once said - "life is a mystery"
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
The clue in why they are is in the posts I quoted so hopefully that mystery is cleared up.Tman wrote:You boys eh?![]()
I'm guess I'm lucky to be posting in such exalted company, but that aside, quite why anyone would continue to post (negatively) after leaving is a mystery.
Never mind...on with the cutting-off debate.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Phantom
- Posts: 1234
- Joined: 27 Dec 2007, 18:17
- Gender: Female
- Location: New York
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
Yes so belt up! We are discussing our incompetent board, yet again.Tman wrote:Never mind...on with the cutting-off debate.
CUT OFF!!!
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
Yes I miss the posties and the banter,but not the job or the bullying managers. Yes I did say yes but in the end I was made to hate the job I had loved for so many years by the awful managers.Tman wrote:Despite the amount of negative postings you make you clearly miss RM!Brandy wrote:Just so they can make even more money.Just sheer greed again!shepherdess wrote:Why oh why don't Royal Mail put any of the extra staff in Delivery office's instead of putting the already stressed staff under even more pressure
-
DGH
- Posts: 710
- Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Neither here nor there
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
I won't cut off if I'm on a walking delivery but will if on a shared van delivery and my partner wants to.
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
My partner and I will be cutting off. The finish time in my office is already 3.15pm, so we're not prepared to work until 5-6pm every day for the next 5 weeks, which is the sort of time we'll be looking at.
We've both done circa 25 years now and am starting to feel the aches and strains of these ridiculously large deliveries which are too large even in the Summer. it's also getting dark as we approach our regular finish time so delivery is even more difficult the further we extend. The management are saying the workload is basically ours and It'll be waiting for us the next day....good, We'll leave even more in the following day.
I'm fed up of bailing out these RM conmen at Christmas.
We've both done circa 25 years now and am starting to feel the aches and strains of these ridiculously large deliveries which are too large even in the Summer. it's also getting dark as we approach our regular finish time so delivery is even more difficult the further we extend. The management are saying the workload is basically ours and It'll be waiting for us the next day....good, We'll leave even more in the following day.
I'm fed up of bailing out these RM conmen at Christmas.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
Don't feel so bad it is not your fault you are but a hard working postwoman with ever increasing demands upon you but don't forget you have a start time a finish time and a meal relief in between and good luck and all the best for your fortitude may many more do as you do.Ozzvaldo wrote:My partner and I will be cutting off. The finish time in my office is already 3.15pm, so we're not prepared to work until 5-6pm every day for the next 5 weeks, which is the sort of time we'll be looking at.
We've both done circa 25 years now and am starting to feel the aches and strains of these ridiculously large deliveries which are too large even in the Summer. it's also getting dark as we approach our regular finish time so delivery is even more difficult the further we extend. The management are saying the workload is basically ours and It'll be waiting for us the next day....good, We'll leave even more in the following day.
I'm fed up of bailing out these RM conmen at Christmas.