ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas Tips
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
Is it that time of year already? I'll repost my annal Xmas tips spiel.
I'm a reserve, I get no tips. The punter, in turn, gets no favours from me, no 'just sign it for me', no 'just pop it in the bin, over the fence, to my mam three streets away'. I am VERY happy with this arrangement. Merry Christmas
I'm a reserve, I get no tips. The punter, in turn, gets no favours from me, no 'just sign it for me', no 'just pop it in the bin, over the fence, to my mam three streets away'. I am VERY happy with this arrangement. Merry Christmas
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16716
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Christmas Tips
Before I go to sleep I need to know.Sir Henry wrote:Is it that time of year already? I'll repost my annal Xmas tips spiel.
Is there a u missing or an extra n?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
Some old chap offered me a fiver Christmas before last and I politely declined and told him to give it to their regular postie who'd be back the following day, have to say said postie never gave me any however haha. Which is fine, I was at the time the cover one day a week so I thought it'd be wrong taking the money.
-
blue1873
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 8914
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
Go to sleep Clash , think "Sir H " just made an arse of it.clashcityrocker wrote:Before I go to sleep I need to know.Sir Henry wrote:Is it that time of year already? I'll repost my annal Xmas tips spiel.
Is there a u missing or an extra n?
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
Old timer asked for a share of a £50 tip i got on their round. I asked for a share of the £500+ They had been bragging about all week (Rich area). Long story short I bought a new pair of shoes with the £50. Ain’t spoke to the miserable old bag since.
-
mr hil.
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
The maximum tip allowed is £40 any more and it is considered a bribe and should be reported to your DOM
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16716
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Christmas Tips
And any alcohol given as a xmas tip that is over 10% proof has to be declared to customs and excise.mr hil. wrote:The maximum tip allowed is £40 any more and it is considered a bribe and should be reported to your DOM
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Christmas Tips
Don't you think they have their hands full enough stopping illegals and drugs and repatriating MP's who fell foul of the law. I am sure they will not be kicking down your or anyone's door for excepting a wee dram or two!clashcityrocker wrote:And any alcohol given as a xmas tip that is over 10% proof has to be declared to customs and excise.mr hil. wrote:The maximum tip allowed is £40 any more and it is considered a bribe and should be reported to your DOM
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Christmas Tips
Bet the CEO has had first's that cost more than that and that's just the Bombay mix wonder if it all is declared must do an investigation about expenses by RM board in the light of them using court action maybe we could find them in breach of something of the nature of the above!mr hil. wrote:The maximum tip allowed is £40 any more and it is considered a bribe and should be reported to your DOM
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
Good grief man that just WONT do.annal
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
Pathfinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
Isn’t that what she said?Sir Henry wrote:Good grief man that just WONT do.annal
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
I absolutely agree with what you say my friend,but have been on the receiving end of some nasty threats for fear of me not handing in my full amount that I have collected,and since that I hand in accordingly as to what I think,money the route of all evil,I told the person in question if I was threatened again it will be reported and no doubt he will be sacked,and even had comments in my van log book,I am the senior postie at my office and trust me this stuff rarely happens now,as if it does I simply voice my distaste in it,it begrudges me to hand in what I do hand in,am soon thinking of sharing out my tips to people who do my round without messing it up,they seem to think they are entitled to it having been in the job 5 minutes and useless at it and pally with the boss and get away with it.mmmmmm
-
mondeo1
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 08:00
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
Any tips given directly to me and i am told that is for you then i keep,simple
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
amount of people who know how much tips i get = no one, i dont brag about it
amount of people who get jealous of how much tips i get = no one, i dont brag about it
amount of people who know how many tips over £40 i recieve = no one, i dont brag about it
amount of people who get jealous of how much tips i get = no one, i dont brag about it
amount of people who know how many tips over £40 i recieve = no one, i dont brag about it
-
Trolleyed
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 18:06
- Gender: Male
Christmas Tips
Same guy covers my day off every week. Have told him to keep whatever he gets as I have a fixed day off so if it’s given to him it’s most likely meant for him. Last year he did get some in envelopes with my name on which he gave to me and I shared with him. I also give a share to the packet driver.