ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Christmas Tips

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by Sir Henry »

Is it that time of year already? I'll repost my annal Xmas tips spiel.

I'm a reserve, I get no tips. The punter, in turn, gets no favours from me, no 'just sign it for me', no 'just pop it in the bin, over the fence, to my mam three streets away'. I am VERY happy with this arrangement. Merry Christmas
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16716
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Christmas Tips

Post by clashcityrocker »

Sir Henry wrote:Is it that time of year already? I'll repost my annal Xmas tips spiel.
Before I go to sleep I need to know.
Is there a u missing or an extra n?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by Seymour Buts »

Some old chap offered me a fiver Christmas before last and I politely declined and told him to give it to their regular postie who'd be back the following day, have to say said postie never gave me any however haha. Which is fine, I was at the time the cover one day a week so I thought it'd be wrong taking the money.
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8914
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by blue1873 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
Sir Henry wrote:Is it that time of year already? I'll repost my annal Xmas tips spiel.
Before I go to sleep I need to know.
Is there a u missing or an extra n?
Go to sleep Clash , think "Sir H " just made an arse of it.
South_London_Postie
Posts: 306
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by South_London_Postie »

Old timer asked for a share of a £50 tip i got on their round. I asked for a share of the £500+ They had been bragging about all week (Rich area). Long story short I bought a new pair of shoes with the £50. Ain’t spoke to the miserable old bag since.
mr hil.
Posts: 425
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by mr hil. »

The maximum tip allowed is £40 any more and it is considered a bribe and should be reported to your DOM
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16716
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Christmas Tips

Post by clashcityrocker »

mr hil. wrote:The maximum tip allowed is £40 any more and it is considered a bribe and should be reported to your DOM
And any alcohol given as a xmas tip that is over 10% proof has to be declared to customs and excise.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Christmas Tips

Post by k979aaa »

clashcityrocker wrote:
mr hil. wrote:The maximum tip allowed is £40 any more and it is considered a bribe and should be reported to your DOM
And any alcohol given as a xmas tip that is over 10% proof has to be declared to customs and excise.
Don't you think they have their hands full enough stopping illegals and drugs and repatriating MP's who fell foul of the law. I am sure they will not be kicking down your or anyone's door for excepting a wee dram or two!
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Christmas Tips

Post by k979aaa »

mr hil. wrote:The maximum tip allowed is £40 any more and it is considered a bribe and should be reported to your DOM
Bet the CEO has had first's that cost more than that and that's just the Bombay mix wonder if it all is declared must do an investigation about expenses by RM board in the light of them using court action maybe we could find them in breach of something of the nature of the above!
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by Sir Henry »

annal
Good grief man that just WONT do.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
Pathfinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 208
Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by Pathfinder »

Sir Henry wrote:
annal
Good grief man that just WONT do.
Isn’t that what she said? :cuppa
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by robbertwhitton »

I absolutely agree with what you say my friend,but have been on the receiving end of some nasty threats for fear of me not handing in my full amount that I have collected,and since that I hand in accordingly as to what I think,money the route of all evil,I told the person in question if I was threatened again it will be reported and no doubt he will be sacked,and even had comments in my van log book,I am the senior postie at my office and trust me this stuff rarely happens now,as if it does I simply voice my distaste in it,it begrudges me to hand in what I do hand in,am soon thinking of sharing out my tips to people who do my round without messing it up,they seem to think they are entitled to it having been in the job 5 minutes and useless at it and pally with the boss and get away with it.mmmmmm
mondeo1
Posts: 58
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 08:00
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by mondeo1 »

Any tips given directly to me and i am told that is for you then i keep,simple
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by Postie45 »

amount of people who know how much tips i get = no one, i dont brag about it
amount of people who get jealous of how much tips i get = no one, i dont brag about it
amount of people who know how many tips over £40 i recieve = no one, i dont brag about it
Trolleyed
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 56
Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 18:06
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by Trolleyed »

Same guy covers my day off every week. Have told him to keep whatever he gets as I have a fixed day off so if it’s given to him it’s most likely meant for him. Last year he did get some in envelopes with my name on which he gave to me and I shared with him. I also give a share to the packet driver.