ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

HGV (LGE) C+E Pay Rates

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
theoldinn
Posts: 20
Joined: 25 Jun 2013, 12:23
Gender: Male

HGV (LGE) C+E Pay Rates

Post by theoldinn »

Hi,
Could somebody tell me what the current hourly & weekly 36.25hr rate of pay is for a professional HGV driver (C+E) ?

The reason I ask is that I am being loaned to a VOC from my local office where I work, and I don't seem to be being paid nowhere near the correct hourly rate.
515marsh
Posts: 1
Joined: 30 Apr 2015, 14:13
Gender: Male

HGV (LGE) C+E Pay Rates

Post by 515marsh »

i think its around 29k for a 39hr week
Jonesy 1971
Posts: 64
Joined: 14 Oct 2015, 14:06
Gender: Male

HGV (LGE) C+E Pay Rates

Post by Jonesy 1971 »

It is 29k for a 36.25 week before shift allowances nowt
For days but finish after 22.00 and b4 0200 it's about £175 a month. And nights is about £375 per month +overtime
Lefantum
Posts: 29
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 12:15

HGV (LGE) C+E Pay Rates

Post by Lefantum »

theoldinn wrote:Hi,
Could somebody tell me what the current hourly & weekly 36.25hr rate of pay is for a professional HGV driver (C+E) ?

The reason I ask is that I am being loaned to a VOC from my local office where I work, and I don't seem to be being paid nowhere near the correct hourly rate.
Are you being paid basic wage .same as you were at the office that loaned you. Plus a Substition for driving LGC (C+E). If so. You need to get the union at the VOC to push for a long term temporary change of contract to LGC Driver. Then you will get the same wages. You are also losing out on pensionable allowances until you get this done.
theoldinn
Posts: 20
Joined: 25 Jun 2013, 12:23
Gender: Male

HGV (LGE) C+E Pay Rates

Post by theoldinn »

Lefantum wrote:
theoldinn wrote:Hi,
Could somebody tell me what the current hourly & weekly 36.25hr rate of pay is for a professional HGV driver (C+E) ?

The reason I ask is that I am being loaned to a VOC from my local office where I work, and I don't seem to be being paid nowhere near the correct hourly rate.
Are you being paid basic wage .same as you were at the office that loaned you. Plus a Substition for driving LGC (C+E). If so. You need to get the union at the VOC to push for a long term temporary change of contract to LGC Driver. Then you will get the same wages. You are also losing out on pensionable allowances until you get this done.
Yes, this is exactly how i'm being paid. Thanks for the advice, i'll get on the case.