ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Getting out.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Getting out.

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Ricardo44 wrote:Good Luck

You should be on a right cushy number if you get it

Years ago I worked in a hospital as a part time cleaner and the porters used to sit in their office reading the paper or chatting to one another. Now and then the phone would ring and whoevers turn it was would go off to do a job like pushing a patient in their bed to another department.

Other times I used to just see them pushing a trolley round collecting bags of rubbish.

They didn't seem to have any stress or pressure at all. They would often be just standing around with very little to do.

Nice work if you can get it :thumbup
NOOOOOO!!! didn't get it. I'm stuck at royal mail :sad: lol. Anyway roll on the strikes :thumbup
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

Getting out.

Post by Mobey »

Ricardo44 wrote:Good Luck

You should be on a right cushy number if you get it

Years ago I worked in a hospital as a part time cleaner and the porters used to sit in their office reading the paper or chatting to one another. Now and then the phone would ring and whoevers turn it was would go off to do a job like pushing a patient in their bed to another department.

Other times I used to just see them pushing a trolley round collecting bags of rubbish.

They didn't seem to have any stress or pressure at all. They would often be just standing around with very little to do.

Nice work if you can get it :thumbup
Portering work is stressful!

Every job is stressful.

:arrrghhh
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Getting out.

Post by Brandy »

Really feel for the posties after this result.I am so glad am out of all this as dread to think how the managers will be now.They will be loving it,and the bullying will only get worse.ROYAL MAIL ARE A DISGRACE,THE WAY THEY TREAT THEIR PEOPLE THEY SHOULD HANG THEIR HEADS IN SHAME :shock:
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

Getting out.

Post by nickbsmooth »

I'm surprised RM hasn't appeared on dispatches or panarama yet regarding it's appalling working practices.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Getting out.

Post by Brandy »

nickbsmooth wrote:I'm surprised RM hasn't appeared on dispatches or panarama yet regarding it's appalling working practices.
Lets hope someone tells them and then they will be investigated.Remember what goes around comes around.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Getting out.

Post by Creditshampoo »

Brandy wrote:
nickbsmooth wrote:I'm surprised RM hasn't appeared on dispatches or panarama yet regarding it's appalling working practices.
Lets hope someone tells them and then they will be investigated.Remember what goes around comes around.
I’m sure they’re probably planting people with cameras as we speak, due to the 90% ballot
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Getting out.

Post by Brandy »

Creditshampoo wrote:
Brandy wrote:
nickbsmooth wrote:I'm surprised RM hasn't appeared on dispatches or panarama yet regarding it's appalling working practices.
Lets hope someone tells them and then they will be investigated.Remember what goes around comes around.
I’m sure they’re probably planting people with cameras as we speak, due to the 90% ballot
Lets hope so then it will show RM in their true colours.The public would be disgusted if they could see and hear how their postie is treated and spoken to by their so called managers. I tell people how I was so badly treated and they find it so unbeliveable.Royal Mail you are a disgrace how you treat your people