ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
call me superstitious, but I am pleased they didn't pick the Friday, for the court date. 
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
We had no RMTV today.Glenno wrote:It's up in the air till Thur 12 at 10.30 when R M & CWU go to th high Courtslondonboy wrote:Can anyone update me? ... with this legal embargo is the strike still on, likely to be or not?
Thanks.![]()
For the very first time ever i went to the RMTV website to see if i could find out whats going on and all the video's from Aug onward's have been removed. Least i could not find any.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
gone postal
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 16 May 2012, 19:30
- Gender: Male
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
I work 3 days a week , Thursday, 11:30 - 17:45, Friday 11:30-17:45 and Saturday 6:30-15:30 and was intending to strike on all 3 days. Today I was told because my start times are different over the 3 days and it is a 48hr strike I would be expected to be back in work on Saturday!!! I've told my rep and he said it's rubbish. I have asked the DOM to put it in writing, he says he has emailed the DSM but I will not hold my breath!
Anyone else been told any different?
Anyone else been told any different?
-
kath17265
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:25
- Gender: Female
WE HAVE SERVED NOTICE ON ROYAL MAIL FOR STRIKE ACTION
I'm in the same boat pal out for 3 days , I've now had clarification off local branchcurlywatts wrote:So I am collections, I start after 11am on Thu and Fri and start before 11am on Saturday, surely I can't be striking 3 days?FinishOnTime wrote:TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No. Finish shift that starts before a strike. Strike for any shift after 11am.FinishOnTime wrote:So for deliveries stop work at 1030ish, back to the office and then out? Back in at 11 on the Saturday?
Reverse for going back. Strike on Saturday for the whole shift if you start before 11am and work normally if after.
But we are awaiting official clarification.
Deliveries have a Saturday off.
Ah right ta. That's gonna need some explaining I reckon.
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
your initial position is correct. If the DOM told you this, then why did they email the DSM? Was the DOM doing it off their own back? doubt it. More likely instructed to, now they email the DSM saying " i did it boss and they don't believe me, what do i do now?". Dear oh dear.gone postal wrote:I work 3 days a week , Thursday, 11:30 - 17:45, Friday 11:30-17:45 and Saturday 6:30-15:30 and was intending to strike on all 3 days. Today I was told because my start times are different over the 3 days and it is a 48hr strike I would be expected to be back in work on Saturday!!! I've told my rep and he said it's rubbish. I have asked the DOM to put it in writing, he says he has emailed the DSM but I will not hold my breath!
Anyone else been told any different?
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
But you would be striking for 48hrs, not 72hrs, so what's he say to that?gone postal wrote:I work 3 days a week , Thursday, 11:30 - 17:45, Friday 11:30-17:45 and Saturday 6:30-15:30 and was intending to strike on all 3 days. Today I was told because my start times are different over the 3 days and it is a 48hr strike I would be expected to be back in work on Saturday!!! I've told my rep and he said it's rubbish. I have asked the DOM to put it in writing, he says he has emailed the DSM but I will not hold my breath!
Anyone else been told any different?
-
gone postal
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 16 May 2012, 19:30
- Gender: Male
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
Spoke to DOM again and that's exactly what happened. Told him I am striking on the 3 days as per my conversation with my area rep. They really don't know their arse from their elbow!!bogstandard wrote:your initial position is correct. If the DOM told you this, then why did they email the DSM? Was the DOM doing it off their own back? doubt it. More likely instructed to, now they email the DSM saying " i did it boss and they don't believe me, what do i do now?". Dear oh dear.gone postal wrote:I work 3 days a week , Thursday, 11:30 - 17:45, Friday 11:30-17:45 and Saturday 6:30-15:30 and was intending to strike on all 3 days. Today I was told because my start times are different over the 3 days and it is a 48hr strike I would be expected to be back in work on Saturday!!! I've told my rep and he said it's rubbish. I have asked the DOM to put it in writing, he says he has emailed the DSM but I will not hold my breath!
Anyone else been told any different?
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
Ah, the corporate hierarchy at work again..gone postal wrote:Spoke to DOM again and that's exactly what happened. Told him I am striking on the 3 days as per my conversation with my area rep. They really don't know their arse from their elbow!!bogstandard wrote:your initial position is correct. If the DOM told you this, then why did they email the DSM? Was the DOM doing it off their own back? doubt it. More likely instructed to, now they email the DSM saying " i did it boss and they don't believe me, what do i do now?". Dear oh dear.gone postal wrote:I work 3 days a week , Thursday, 11:30 - 17:45, Friday 11:30-17:45 and Saturday 6:30-15:30 and was intending to strike on all 3 days. Today I was told because my start times are different over the 3 days and it is a 48hr strike I would be expected to be back in work on Saturday!!! I've told my rep and he said it's rubbish. I have asked the DOM to put it in writing, he says he has emailed the DSM but I will not hold my breath!
Anyone else been told any different?
Money goes up; sh*t comes down.
-
MARTY3205
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 23:14
- Gender: Male
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
Could somebody please clarify why the Union has opted for such bizarre start times/ walk out times for this proposed strike.So in effect if your in a Delivery function you will come in for duty,prep your delivery,leave office,then return shortly after with the bulk of your mail brought back ! Why couldn't the Union just give 2 simple walk out times: one for Nightshit workers ( say walk out/ stay out from 23.59pm until 23.59 pm 48 hrs later.Then day shift ( do not attend from 06.30am until 06.30 am 48 hrs later.These silly times issued by Union are just causing mass confusion.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
Dude. There have been clear instructions on this.
If your shift starts before 11 am on Thurs then you work that whole shift and start the strike the next day (doing no overtime on Thurs).
If your shift starts after 11 am on Thursday then there is a strike on. Don't attend if you are participating.
If your shift starts before 11 am on Thurs then you work that whole shift and start the strike the next day (doing no overtime on Thurs).
If your shift starts after 11 am on Thursday then there is a strike on. Don't attend if you are participating.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3724
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
Marty, as I understand it and has been mentioned on several posts, if you're talking about the Thursday and say you come in at 0700,MARTY3205 wrote:.....So in effect if your in a Delivery function you will come in for duty,prep your delivery,leave office,then return shortly after with the bulk of your mail brought back !...............
you prep, leave the office and finish your duty up to your duty time, but do not do any overtime.
Don't know if your hours or duty time means that you personally come back in 'shortly' with the 'bulk of your mail',
but for me it means I will probably return with one loop.
If I'm wrong no doubt someone will correct.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
I'm saying next one of those questions before 2am.. who's got 0200 til 0700
Edit: Awwww... I lost..
Edit: Awwww... I lost..
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
Terry explains it here...yellowbelly wrote:Marty, as I understand it and has been mentioned on several posts, if you're talking about the Thursday and say you come in at 0700,MARTY3205 wrote:.....So in effect if your in a Delivery function you will come in for duty,prep your delivery,leave office,then return shortly after with the bulk of your mail brought back !...............
you prep, leave the office and finish your duty up to your duty time, but do not do any overtime.
Don't know if your hours or duty time means that you personally come back in 'shortly' with the 'bulk of your mail',
but for me it means I will probably return with one loop.
If I'm wrong no doubt someone will correct.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 62&t=82226" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And also this...
A 48 hour strike from 11:00 on Thursday 19 October until 11:00 Saturday 21 October 2017.
This means if you start before 11:00 on Thursday the 19 October you will complete your normal duty. However, you do not protract or work overtime or SA after your duty has finished. You will strike on Friday and Saturday for the whole of your duty.
If you start at 11:00 or after 11:00 on Thursday the 19 October you will be on strike on that day and unless your duty starts at 11:00 or after on Saturday the 21 October you will not be in work until your next shift or SA if it is scheduled at or after 11:00 on Saturday 21 October 2017.
Night shift workers will be on strike Thursday into Friday and Friday into Saturday.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
Crap looks like we lost at court 
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
woofwoof
- Posts: 1516
- Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
- Gender: Male
- Location: stinky land
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
I'm surprised no one has mention the last agreement been a no strike agreement and we should vote no