ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by daveyeff »

call me superstitious, but I am pleased they didn't pick the Friday, for the court date. :Very Happy
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by krussel »

Glenno wrote:
londonboy wrote:Can anyone update me? ... with this legal embargo is the strike still on, likely to be or not?
Thanks.
It's up in the air till Thur 12 at 10.30 when R M & CWU go to th high Courts :wave :wave
We had no RMTV today.

For the very first time ever i went to the RMTV website to see if i could find out whats going on and all the video's from Aug onward's have been removed. Least i could not find any. :shock:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
gone postal
Posts: 98
Joined: 16 May 2012, 19:30
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by gone postal »

I work 3 days a week , Thursday, 11:30 - 17:45, Friday 11:30-17:45 and Saturday 6:30-15:30 and was intending to strike on all 3 days. Today I was told because my start times are different over the 3 days and it is a 48hr strike I would be expected to be back in work on Saturday!!! I've told my rep and he said it's rubbish. I have asked the DOM to put it in writing, he says he has emailed the DSM but I will not hold my breath!
Anyone else been told any different?
kath17265
Posts: 28
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:25
Gender: Female

WE HAVE SERVED NOTICE ON ROYAL MAIL FOR STRIKE ACTION

Post by kath17265 »

curlywatts wrote:
FinishOnTime wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
FinishOnTime wrote:So for deliveries stop work at 1030ish, back to the office and then out? Back in at 11 on the Saturday?
No. Finish shift that starts before a strike. Strike for any shift after 11am.

Reverse for going back. Strike on Saturday for the whole shift if you start before 11am and work normally if after.

But we are awaiting official clarification.

Deliveries have a Saturday off.

Ah right ta. That's gonna need some explaining I reckon.
So I am collections, I start after 11am on Thu and Fri and start before 11am on Saturday, surely I can't be striking 3 days?
I'm in the same boat pal out for 3 days , I've now had clarification off local branch
bogstandard
Posts: 1074
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by bogstandard »

gone postal wrote:I work 3 days a week , Thursday, 11:30 - 17:45, Friday 11:30-17:45 and Saturday 6:30-15:30 and was intending to strike on all 3 days. Today I was told because my start times are different over the 3 days and it is a 48hr strike I would be expected to be back in work on Saturday!!! I've told my rep and he said it's rubbish. I have asked the DOM to put it in writing, he says he has emailed the DSM but I will not hold my breath!
Anyone else been told any different?
your initial position is correct. If the DOM told you this, then why did they email the DSM? Was the DOM doing it off their own back? doubt it. More likely instructed to, now they email the DSM saying " i did it boss and they don't believe me, what do i do now?". Dear oh dear.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by LaggyBand »

gone postal wrote:I work 3 days a week , Thursday, 11:30 - 17:45, Friday 11:30-17:45 and Saturday 6:30-15:30 and was intending to strike on all 3 days. Today I was told because my start times are different over the 3 days and it is a 48hr strike I would be expected to be back in work on Saturday!!! I've told my rep and he said it's rubbish. I have asked the DOM to put it in writing, he says he has emailed the DSM but I will not hold my breath!
Anyone else been told any different?
But you would be striking for 48hrs, not 72hrs, so what's he say to that?
gone postal
Posts: 98
Joined: 16 May 2012, 19:30
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by gone postal »

bogstandard wrote:
gone postal wrote:I work 3 days a week , Thursday, 11:30 - 17:45, Friday 11:30-17:45 and Saturday 6:30-15:30 and was intending to strike on all 3 days. Today I was told because my start times are different over the 3 days and it is a 48hr strike I would be expected to be back in work on Saturday!!! I've told my rep and he said it's rubbish. I have asked the DOM to put it in writing, he says he has emailed the DSM but I will not hold my breath!
Anyone else been told any different?
your initial position is correct. If the DOM told you this, then why did they email the DSM? Was the DOM doing it off their own back? doubt it. More likely instructed to, now they email the DSM saying " i did it boss and they don't believe me, what do i do now?". Dear oh dear.
Spoke to DOM again and that's exactly what happened. Told him I am striking on the 3 days as per my conversation with my area rep. They really don't know their arse from their elbow!!
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by LaggyBand »

gone postal wrote:
bogstandard wrote:
gone postal wrote:I work 3 days a week , Thursday, 11:30 - 17:45, Friday 11:30-17:45 and Saturday 6:30-15:30 and was intending to strike on all 3 days. Today I was told because my start times are different over the 3 days and it is a 48hr strike I would be expected to be back in work on Saturday!!! I've told my rep and he said it's rubbish. I have asked the DOM to put it in writing, he says he has emailed the DSM but I will not hold my breath!
Anyone else been told any different?
your initial position is correct. If the DOM told you this, then why did they email the DSM? Was the DOM doing it off their own back? doubt it. More likely instructed to, now they email the DSM saying " i did it boss and they don't believe me, what do i do now?". Dear oh dear.
Spoke to DOM again and that's exactly what happened. Told him I am striking on the 3 days as per my conversation with my area rep. They really don't know their arse from their elbow!!
Ah, the corporate hierarchy at work again..

Money goes up; sh*t comes down.
MARTY3205
Posts: 3
Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 23:14
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by MARTY3205 »

Could somebody please clarify why the Union has opted for such bizarre start times/ walk out times for this proposed strike.So in effect if your in a Delivery function you will come in for duty,prep your delivery,leave office,then return shortly after with the bulk of your mail brought back ! Why couldn't the Union just give 2 simple walk out times: one for Nightshit workers ( say walk out/ stay out from 23.59pm until 23.59 pm 48 hrs later.Then day shift ( do not attend from 06.30am until 06.30 am 48 hrs later.These silly times issued by Union are just causing mass confusion.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by wannabeek »

Dude. There have been clear instructions on this.

If your shift starts before 11 am on Thurs then you work that whole shift and start the strike the next day (doing no overtime on Thurs).

If your shift starts after 11 am on Thursday then there is a strike on. Don't attend if you are participating.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3724
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by yellowbelly »

MARTY3205 wrote:.....So in effect if your in a Delivery function you will come in for duty,prep your delivery,leave office,then return shortly after with the bulk of your mail brought back !...............
Marty, as I understand it and has been mentioned on several posts, if you're talking about the Thursday and say you come in at 0700,
you prep, leave the office and finish your duty up to your duty time, but do not do any overtime.

Don't know if your hours or duty time means that you personally come back in 'shortly' with the 'bulk of your mail',
but for me it means I will probably return with one loop.

If I'm wrong no doubt someone will correct.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by LaggyBand »

I'm saying next one of those questions before 2am.. who's got 0200 til 0700


Edit: Awwww... I lost..
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by POSTMAN »

yellowbelly wrote:
MARTY3205 wrote:.....So in effect if your in a Delivery function you will come in for duty,prep your delivery,leave office,then return shortly after with the bulk of your mail brought back !...............
Marty, as I understand it and has been mentioned on several posts, if you're talking about the Thursday and say you come in at 0700,
you prep, leave the office and finish your duty up to your duty time, but do not do any overtime.

Don't know if your hours or duty time means that you personally come back in 'shortly' with the 'bulk of your mail',
but for me it means I will probably return with one loop.

If I'm wrong no doubt someone will correct.
Terry explains it here...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 62&t=82226" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And also this...
A 48 hour strike from 11:00 on Thursday 19 October until 11:00 Saturday 21 October 2017.

This means if you start before 11:00 on Thursday the 19 October you will complete your normal duty. However, you do not protract or work overtime or SA after your duty has finished. You will strike on Friday and Saturday for the whole of your duty.

If you start at 11:00 or after 11:00 on Thursday the 19 October you will be on strike on that day and unless your duty starts at 11:00 or after on Saturday the 21 October you will not be in work until your next shift or SA if it is scheduled at or after 11:00 on Saturday 21 October 2017.

Night shift workers will be on strike Thursday into Friday and Friday into Saturday.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by krussel »

Crap looks like we lost at court :sad:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
woofwoof
Posts: 1516
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
Gender: Male
Location: stinky land

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by woofwoof »

I'm surprised no one has mention the last agreement been a no strike agreement and we should vote no