ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Strike
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Strike
to be honest I don't think Terry will take any more s**t off management to try and string it out , and I think us the staff have had enough of the s**t that goes on in offices everyday , its not just about the golden carrot of a £375 , lets stick together and support the cwu , all out , s**t or bust for as long as it takesSpedley wrote:Hopefully it won't come to a strike but iirc last time RM dragged it out as much as they could to try and get us to strike after Christmas (when it would affect them less). I suspect something similar this time.
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
Strike
Didn't show up at the gate for the last strike,my manager said he'd see me the day after,that was it.bmccoll wrote:Although you are on strike you must still show up at the gate. It is not a holiday.nickbsmooth wrote:48hrs would be good preferably to include a Saturday, it's now one of the busiest days of the week. Least if you're losing pay you can enjoy the weekend with family and friends
You're right it's not holiday, we with hold our labour and as such don't get paid.
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
Strike
Maybe the "must" in my posting came across as a bit harsh. I intended to stress that, as has been already stated, the strike could be called off at any time and to let a your colleagues stand outside for hours while you're cosied up in bed... 
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Strike
Attending the picket line is an act of solidarity an act of unity, an act of defiance and power. It forges friendships that go beyond the usual work colleague dynamic.
It's also a great way to meet women/men /whatever floats your boat if you're not stuck on an industrial estate. Being anti-establishment is cool apparently.
It's also a great way to meet women/men /whatever floats your boat if you're not stuck on an industrial estate. Being anti-establishment is cool apparently.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Strike
I agree with you rolling strikes but a 48 hour one to start with is a good sign of intent anything could be in the mix next time.dazzlin72 wrote:I still believe it would have been more effective, & have caused maximum disruption, to have had the varying sections go out on strike on alternate days, as opposed to all out on the same day, where it has less impact.
-
magicw
- Posts: 111
- Joined: 11 May 2013, 14:50
- Gender: Male
Strike
I Don't think we should actually go on strike! I think that on the Friday of the proposed action we should all deliver one letter each ! in person to RM Headquarters calling a vote of no Confidence in Moya Greene. ( I wouldn't even claim docket for going over on that one)
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
Strike
And she will read every one of course, she cares that much. These people don't give a f*** about us, it is the bottom line thay care about, always has been, always will be.magicw wrote:I Don't think we should actually go on strike! I think that on the Friday of the proposed action we should all deliver one letter each ! in person to RM Headquarters calling a vote of no Confidence in Moya Greene. I wouldn't even claim docket for going over on that one)
How about this, on a sanctioned day, obviously a busy one, everyone books an hour's OT!