ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Strike

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

Strike

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

I can always sell my shares , I reckon that'll give me a good 30+ days of striking
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Strike

Post by Spedley »

Hopefully it won't come to a strike but iirc last time RM dragged it out as much as they could to try and get us to strike after Christmas (when it would affect them less). I suspect something similar this time.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Strike

Post by worktotime »

Spedley wrote:Hopefully it won't come to a strike but iirc last time RM dragged it out as much as they could to try and get us to strike after Christmas (when it would affect them less). I suspect something similar this time.
to be honest I don't think Terry will take any more s**t off management to try and string it out , and I think us the staff have had enough of the s**t that goes on in offices everyday , its not just about the golden carrot of a £375 , lets stick together and support the cwu , all out , s**t or bust for as long as it takes :thumbup
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

Strike

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

Totally agree with you mate . They've took the mickey since April . Now it's our time to support Terry
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

Strike

Post by nickbsmooth »

bmccoll wrote:
nickbsmooth wrote:48hrs would be good preferably to include a Saturday, it's now one of the busiest days of the week. Least if you're losing pay you can enjoy the weekend with family and friends
Although you are on strike you must still show up at the gate. It is not a holiday.
Didn't show up at the gate for the last strike,my manager said he'd see me the day after,that was it.
You're right it's not holiday, we with hold our labour and as such don't get paid.
bmccoll
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
Gender: Male

Strike

Post by bmccoll »

Maybe the "must" in my posting came across as a bit harsh. I intended to stress that, as has been already stated, the strike could be called off at any time and to let a your colleagues stand outside for hours while you're cosied up in bed... :no no
bogstandard
Posts: 1074
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16

Strike

Post by bogstandard »

it's not a day off, it's a day of action
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
dazzlin72
Posts: 321
Joined: 25 Jan 2010, 13:56
Gender: Male

Strike

Post by dazzlin72 »

I still believe it would have been more effective, & have caused maximum disruption, to have had the varying sections go out on strike on alternate days, as opposed to all out on the same day, where it has less impact.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Strike

Post by fishtank »

Attending the picket line is an act of solidarity an act of unity, an act of defiance and power. It forges friendships that go beyond the usual work colleague dynamic.

It's also a great way to meet women/men /whatever floats your boat if you're not stuck on an industrial estate. Being anti-establishment is cool apparently.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Strike

Post by k979aaa »

dazzlin72 wrote:I still believe it would have been more effective, & have caused maximum disruption, to have had the varying sections go out on strike on alternate days, as opposed to all out on the same day, where it has less impact.
I agree with you rolling strikes but a 48 hour one to start with is a good sign of intent anything could be in the mix next time.
magicw
Posts: 111
Joined: 11 May 2013, 14:50
Gender: Male

Strike

Post by magicw »

I Don't think we should actually go on strike! I think that on the Friday of the proposed action we should all deliver one letter each ! in person to RM Headquarters calling a vote of no Confidence in Moya Greene. ( I wouldn't even claim docket for going over on that one)
bmccoll
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
Gender: Male

Strike

Post by bmccoll »

magicw wrote:I Don't think we should actually go on strike! I think that on the Friday of the proposed action we should all deliver one letter each ! in person to RM Headquarters calling a vote of no Confidence in Moya Greene. I wouldn't even claim docket for going over on that one)
And she will read every one of course, she cares that much. These people don't give a f*** about us, it is the bottom line thay care about, always has been, always will be.

How about this, on a sanctioned day, obviously a busy one, everyone books an hour's OT!