ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
GoingPostal86
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 132
Joined: 02 Dec 2012, 06:49
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by GoingPostal86 »

Also a bit confused about this but I'm sure it will be clearer soon.

I work 20 hours but collection is at 3pm and I'm in early on Saturdays for delivery.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by LaggyBand »

http://www.royalmail.com/latest-news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Hmmm...Wonder who the judge will be
Last edited by LaggyBand on 05 Oct 2017, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.
GoingPostal86
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 132
Joined: 02 Dec 2012, 06:49
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by GoingPostal86 »

aiden01 wrote:so how does it work if you start after 11am thurs and fri and also work early on a saturday morning are you expected to lose 3days pay?
That's what I'm wondering too. I'm late collection all week then in early on a Sat
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by LaggyBand »

GoingPostal86 wrote:
aiden01 wrote:so how does it work if you start after 11am thurs and fri and also work early on a saturday morning are you expected to lose 3days pay?
That's what I'm wondering too. I'm late collection all week then in early on a Sat
If you're striking, you lose all three shifts.
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by Martin Walsh »

It would make no difference if they offered overtime as the strike starts based on any duty commencing at or after 11. Additionally for anyone who started before 11 than they should not be doing any over time or SA after their duty has completed.
matthew68
Posts: 516
Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by matthew68 »

How late can the strike be called off?
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by aiden01 »

LaggyBand wrote:
GoingPostal86 wrote:
aiden01 wrote:so how does it work if you start after 11am thurs and fri and also work early on a saturday morning are you expected to lose 3days pay?
That's what I'm wondering too. I'm late collection all week then in early on a Sat
If you're striking, you lose all three shifts.
So a pt will lose 22hrs ovr 3days
GoingPostal86
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 132
Joined: 02 Dec 2012, 06:49
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by GoingPostal86 »

LaggyBand wrote:
GoingPostal86 wrote:
aiden01 wrote:so how does it work if you start after 11am thurs and fri and also work early on a saturday morning are you expected to lose 3days pay?
That's what I'm wondering too. I'm late collection all week then in early on a Sat
If you're striking, you lose all three shifts.
So I would not be in thurs, fri and sat? Back to normal on monday?

Not much I can do about that, I set aside enough to cover it anyway.
sixfoottwo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 569
Joined: 11 May 2017, 15:15
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by sixfoottwo »

Please can someone clarify If you lose pay If you are on annual leave over this period? I read that you now do a few pages back but others say you don't :crazy:

Ta
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by LaggyBand »

GoingPostal86 wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:
GoingPostal86 wrote:
aiden01 wrote:so how does it work if you start after 11am thurs and fri and also work early on a saturday morning are you expected to lose 3days pay?
That's what I'm wondering too. I'm late collection all week then in early on a Sat
If you're striking, you lose all three shifts.
So I would not be in thurs, fri and sat? Back to normal on monday?

Not much I can do about that, I set aside enough to cover it anyway.
Up to you mate, but if you're all out striking then yes, Thursday and Friday late collections and before 11am sat is within the parameters of the strike duration.

But look at my above link. RM saying they will block it. High Court orders and every-ting.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by LaggyBand »

sixfoottwo wrote:Please can someone clarify If you lose pay If you are on annual leave over this period? I read that you now do a few pages back but others say you don't :crazy:

Ta

Surely you cannot strike if you are not due in.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by aiden01 »

LaggyBand wrote:
GoingPostal86 wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:
GoingPostal86 wrote:
aiden01 wrote:so how does it work if you start after 11am thurs and fri and also work early on a saturday morning are you expected to lose 3days pay?
That's what I'm wondering too. I'm late collection all week then in early on a Sat
If you're striking, you lose all three shifts.
So I would not be in thurs, fri and sat? Back to normal on monday?

Not much I can do about that, I set aside enough to cover it anyway.
Up to you mate, but if you're all out striking then yes, Thursday and Friday late collections and before 11am sat is within the parameters of the strike duration.

But look at my above link. RM saying they will block it. High Court orders and every-ting.
So some pts in my mc stand to lose 26hrs pay how can that be fair
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by aiden01 »

aiden01 wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:
GoingPostal86 wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:
GoingPostal86 wrote:
aiden01 wrote:so how does it work if you start after 11am thurs and fri and also work early on a saturday morning are you expected to lose 3days pay?
That's what I'm wondering too. I'm late collection all week then in early on a Sat
If you're striking, you lose all three shifts.
So I would not be in thurs, fri and sat? Back to normal on monday?

Not much I can do about that, I set aside enough to cover it anyway.
Up to you mate, but if you're all out striking then yes, Thursday and Friday late collections and before 11am sat is within the parameters of the strike duration.

But look at my above link. RM saying they will block it. High Court orders and every-ting.
So some pts in my mc stand to lose 26hrs pay how can that be fair
Incase you are wondering they work 8hrs thur 8hrs fri and 10hrs on a sat
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by LaggyBand »

aiden01 wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:
GoingPostal86 wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:
GoingPostal86 wrote:
aiden01 wrote:so how does it work if you start after 11am thurs and fri and also work early on a saturday morning are you expected to lose 3days pay?
That's what I'm wondering too. I'm late collection all week then in early on a Sat
If you're striking, you lose all three shifts.
So I would not be in thurs, fri and sat? Back to normal on monday?

Not much I can do about that, I set aside enough to cover it anyway.
Up to you mate, but if you're all out striking then yes, Thursday and Friday late collections and before 11am sat is within the parameters of the strike duration.

But look at my above link. RM saying they will block it. High Court orders and every-ting.
So some pts in my mc stand to lose 26hrs pay how can that be fair
Incase you are wondering they work 8hrs thur 8hrs fri and 10hrs on a sat
In a very similar position myself, hours wise.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!

Post by POSTMAN »

sixfoottwo wrote:Please can someone clarify If you lose pay If you are on annual leave over this period? I read that you now do a few pages back but others say you don't :crazy:

Ta
You do not lose pay if you are on leave, and if you are sick as well...if anyone else is interested.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.