ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
-
GoingPostal86
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 02 Dec 2012, 06:49
- Gender: Male
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
Also a bit confused about this but I'm sure it will be clearer soon.
I work 20 hours but collection is at 3pm and I'm in early on Saturdays for delivery.
I work 20 hours but collection is at 3pm and I'm in early on Saturdays for delivery.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
http://www.royalmail.com/latest-news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hmmm...Wonder who the judge will be
Hmmm...Wonder who the judge will be
Last edited by LaggyBand on 05 Oct 2017, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.
-
GoingPostal86
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 02 Dec 2012, 06:49
- Gender: Male
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
That's what I'm wondering too. I'm late collection all week then in early on a Sataiden01 wrote:so how does it work if you start after 11am thurs and fri and also work early on a saturday morning are you expected to lose 3days pay?
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
If you're striking, you lose all three shifts.GoingPostal86 wrote:That's what I'm wondering too. I'm late collection all week then in early on a Sataiden01 wrote:so how does it work if you start after 11am thurs and fri and also work early on a saturday morning are you expected to lose 3days pay?
-
Martin Walsh
- Posts: 4276
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
- Location: neverland
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
It would make no difference if they offered overtime as the strike starts based on any duty commencing at or after 11. Additionally for anyone who started before 11 than they should not be doing any over time or SA after their duty has completed.
-
matthew68
- Posts: 516
- Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
- Gender: Male
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
So a pt will lose 22hrs ovr 3daysLaggyBand wrote:If you're striking, you lose all three shifts.GoingPostal86 wrote:That's what I'm wondering too. I'm late collection all week then in early on a Sataiden01 wrote:so how does it work if you start after 11am thurs and fri and also work early on a saturday morning are you expected to lose 3days pay?
-
GoingPostal86
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 02 Dec 2012, 06:49
- Gender: Male
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
So I would not be in thurs, fri and sat? Back to normal on monday?LaggyBand wrote:If you're striking, you lose all three shifts.GoingPostal86 wrote:That's what I'm wondering too. I'm late collection all week then in early on a Sataiden01 wrote:so how does it work if you start after 11am thurs and fri and also work early on a saturday morning are you expected to lose 3days pay?
Not much I can do about that, I set aside enough to cover it anyway.
-
sixfoottwo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 569
- Joined: 11 May 2017, 15:15
- Gender: Male
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
Please can someone clarify If you lose pay If you are on annual leave over this period? I read that you now do a few pages back but others say you don't
Ta
Ta
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
Up to you mate, but if you're all out striking then yes, Thursday and Friday late collections and before 11am sat is within the parameters of the strike duration.GoingPostal86 wrote:So I would not be in thurs, fri and sat? Back to normal on monday?LaggyBand wrote:If you're striking, you lose all three shifts.GoingPostal86 wrote:That's what I'm wondering too. I'm late collection all week then in early on a Sataiden01 wrote:so how does it work if you start after 11am thurs and fri and also work early on a saturday morning are you expected to lose 3days pay?
Not much I can do about that, I set aside enough to cover it anyway.
But look at my above link. RM saying they will block it. High Court orders and every-ting.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
sixfoottwo wrote:Please can someone clarify If you lose pay If you are on annual leave over this period? I read that you now do a few pages back but others say you don't![]()
Ta
Surely you cannot strike if you are not due in.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
So some pts in my mc stand to lose 26hrs pay how can that be fairLaggyBand wrote:Up to you mate, but if you're all out striking then yes, Thursday and Friday late collections and before 11am sat is within the parameters of the strike duration.GoingPostal86 wrote:So I would not be in thurs, fri and sat? Back to normal on monday?LaggyBand wrote:If you're striking, you lose all three shifts.GoingPostal86 wrote:That's what I'm wondering too. I'm late collection all week then in early on a Sataiden01 wrote:so how does it work if you start after 11am thurs and fri and also work early on a saturday morning are you expected to lose 3days pay?
Not much I can do about that, I set aside enough to cover it anyway.
But look at my above link. RM saying they will block it. High Court orders and every-ting.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
Incase you are wondering they work 8hrs thur 8hrs fri and 10hrs on a sataiden01 wrote:So some pts in my mc stand to lose 26hrs pay how can that be fairLaggyBand wrote:Up to you mate, but if you're all out striking then yes, Thursday and Friday late collections and before 11am sat is within the parameters of the strike duration.GoingPostal86 wrote:So I would not be in thurs, fri and sat? Back to normal on monday?LaggyBand wrote:If you're striking, you lose all three shifts.GoingPostal86 wrote:That's what I'm wondering too. I'm late collection all week then in early on a Sataiden01 wrote:so how does it work if you start after 11am thurs and fri and also work early on a saturday morning are you expected to lose 3days pay?
Not much I can do about that, I set aside enough to cover it anyway.
But look at my above link. RM saying they will block it. High Court orders and every-ting.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
In a very similar position myself, hours wise.aiden01 wrote:Incase you are wondering they work 8hrs thur 8hrs fri and 10hrs on a sataiden01 wrote:So some pts in my mc stand to lose 26hrs pay how can that be fairLaggyBand wrote:Up to you mate, but if you're all out striking then yes, Thursday and Friday late collections and before 11am sat is within the parameters of the strike duration.GoingPostal86 wrote:So I would not be in thurs, fri and sat? Back to normal on monday?LaggyBand wrote:If you're striking, you lose all three shifts.GoingPostal86 wrote:That's what I'm wondering too. I'm late collection all week then in early on a Sataiden01 wrote:so how does it work if you start after 11am thurs and fri and also work early on a saturday morning are you expected to lose 3days pay?
Not much I can do about that, I set aside enough to cover it anyway.
But look at my above link. RM saying they will block it. High Court orders and every-ting.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
The CWU have announced a 48 hour strike or after 11:00am on Thursday 19th October 2017 and before 11:00am on Saturday 21st October 2017 : All updates in 1st post!
You do not lose pay if you are on leave, and if you are sick as well...if anyone else is interested.sixfoottwo wrote:Please can someone clarify If you lose pay If you are on annual leave over this period? I read that you now do a few pages back but others say you don't![]()
Ta
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.