ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

CWU Facebook : BALLOT RESULT WE DID IT. 89.1% YES 73.7% turnout

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
answer=42
Posts: 64
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 07:44
Gender: Male

Massive YES vote

Post by answer=42 »

What a turnout! What a result for the CWU. Massive support, can't argue with that RM!
bertieboy
Posts: 56
Joined: 25 Jul 2010, 19:53
Gender: Male

BALLOT RESULT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by bertieboy »

mark.cup wrote:PDA's helped with this I reckon :left:
You shouldn't gloat. RM may now lose the business of the solicitor, artist, photographer, optician, antique dealer, book seller, have I missed anybody? Don't forget, also, the £375 pro rata lump sum and the 'improved' pension offer, will now be withdrawn. I'm gutted.
BeamishStout
Posts: 387
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
Gender: Male

BALLOT RESULT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by BeamishStout »

Good result for the CWU and the workforce. Close to 2/3 of those eligible to vote have backed the CWU. :Applause OK RM you cannot wriggle your way out of the predicament you have placed the workforce, your customers and, even, your shareholders. Get back to the table RM with meaningful compromises on the things that matter and start thinking 'outside the box' in the same way that CWU have. :thumbup

And please no more pda detritus or courier specials.... :roll:
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

BALLOT RESULT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by tommyrep »

bertieboy wrote:
mark.cup wrote:PDA's helped with this I reckon :left:
You shouldn't gloat. RM may now lose the business of the solicitor, artist, photographer, optician, antique dealer, book seller, have I missed anybody? Don't forget, also, the £375 pro rata lump sum and the 'improved' pension offer, will now be withdrawn. I'm gutted.
I assume and pray you are being facetious!
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

BALLOT RESULT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

Well that sends a clear message to the RM negotiating team... Offer a far better deal to the CWU team, or face a winter of discontent that may affect future profits through businesses turning to other parcel companies.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

BALLOT RESULT WE DID IT. 89.1% YES 73.7% turnout. Stunning

Post by Brandy »

Even though I have got out,I am so pleased for all you posties.You have showed them you are all sick of being treated appallingly by RM.Well done. :Applause :thumbup :dance
phillpk1
Posts: 12
Joined: 13 Nov 2013, 01:27
Gender: Male

BALLOT RESULT WE DID IT. 89.1% YES 73.7% turnout. Stunning

Post by phillpk1 »

"The company also pointed out that a strike would be self-defeating for staff as they owned a fifth of Royal Mail shares."

well all i can say is now the people who own the company are telling the people who run the company that we dont like the direction they want us to go
bertieboy
Posts: 56
Joined: 25 Jul 2010, 19:53
Gender: Male

BALLOT RESULT ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by bertieboy »

tommyrep wrote:
bertieboy wrote:
mark.cup wrote:PDA's helped with this I reckon :left:
You shouldn't gloat. RM may now lose the business of the solicitor, artist, photographer, optician, antique dealer, book seller, have I missed anybody? Don't forget, also, the £375 pro rata lump sum and the 'improved' pension offer, will now be withdrawn. I'm gutted.
I assume and pray you are being facetious!
You assume correctly, Tommy :Very Happy :nana :Applause
Millbank33
Posts: 6
Joined: 31 Aug 2015, 11:09
Gender: Male

BALLOT RESULT WE DID IT. 89.1% YES 73.7% turnout. Stunning

Post by Millbank33 »

I’m abit new to all this so what are the next steps we take
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

BALLOT RESULT WE DID IT. 89.1% YES 73.7% turnout. Stunning

Post by rogersh »

I thought my forecast of an 80% yes vote was ambitious - Glad to be wrong - Incredible result is an understatement I'd say.
banner
Posts: 125
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 16:38

BALLOT RESULT WE DID IT. 89.1% YES 73.7% turnout. Stunning

Post by banner »

C'mon then you postie bashers, let's hear how we are dinosaurs and we've just dug our own graves and we don't know how good we have it and we should've been grateful to just have a job.
C'mon, let's hear how we don't understand the industry and how other companies are going to run in to take all the business. Let's hear about how we are lucky to have any pension at all.
C'mon, let's hear about how we are luddites that won't embrace change and we are underworked and overpaid.
C'mon let's have it!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

BALLOT RESULT WE DID IT. 89.1% YES 73.7% turnout. Stunning

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Millbank33 wrote:I’m abit new to all this so what are the next steps we take

We wait with bated breath for a strike date to be announced (They must give Royal Mail 2 weeks notice) or for RM and the CWU to hammer out a deal.

To be honest I reckon a deal will be fudged and if we do strike it will be 1 or 2 days at first. An all-out indefinite strike is in my opinion unlikely this side of Christmas.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

BALLOT RESULT WE DID IT. 89.1% YES 73.7% turnout. Stunning

Post by Shaders »

Finally something positive for us to talk about.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

BALLOT RESULT WE DID IT. 89.1% YES 73.7% turnout. Stunning

Post by k979aaa »

Well they RM should look long and hard at themselves after all the money and videos presentations they now should properly engage the workforce by the union and negotiate not dictate even the conservative party did not get their ass kicked so hard with a turnout of just 67% in the general election!
Rommagic
Posts: 1512
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52

BALLOT RESULT WE DID IT. 89.1% YES 73.7% turnout. Stunning

Post by Rommagic »

So the CWU are meeting on Thursday do they have to give two weeks notice then?.