ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
CWU Facebook : BALLOT RESULT WE DID IT. 89.1% YES 73.7% turnout
-
answer=42
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 07:44
- Gender: Male
Massive YES vote
What a turnout! What a result for the CWU. Massive support, can't argue with that RM!
-
bertieboy
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 25 Jul 2010, 19:53
- Gender: Male
BALLOT RESULT ANNOUNCEMENT
You shouldn't gloat. RM may now lose the business of the solicitor, artist, photographer, optician, antique dealer, book seller, have I missed anybody? Don't forget, also, the £375 pro rata lump sum and the 'improved' pension offer, will now be withdrawn. I'm gutted.mark.cup wrote:PDA's helped with this I reckon
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
BALLOT RESULT ANNOUNCEMENT
Good result for the CWU and the workforce. Close to 2/3 of those eligible to vote have backed the CWU.
OK RM you cannot wriggle your way out of the predicament you have placed the workforce, your customers and, even, your shareholders. Get back to the table RM with meaningful compromises on the things that matter and start thinking 'outside the box' in the same way that CWU have.
And please no more pda detritus or courier specials....
And please no more pda detritus or courier specials....
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
BALLOT RESULT ANNOUNCEMENT
I assume and pray you are being facetious!bertieboy wrote:You shouldn't gloat. RM may now lose the business of the solicitor, artist, photographer, optician, antique dealer, book seller, have I missed anybody? Don't forget, also, the £375 pro rata lump sum and the 'improved' pension offer, will now be withdrawn. I'm gutted.mark.cup wrote:PDA's helped with this I reckon
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
BALLOT RESULT ANNOUNCEMENT
Well that sends a clear message to the RM negotiating team... Offer a far better deal to the CWU team, or face a winter of discontent that may affect future profits through businesses turning to other parcel companies.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
BALLOT RESULT WE DID IT. 89.1% YES 73.7% turnout. Stunning
Even though I have got out,I am so pleased for all you posties.You have showed them you are all sick of being treated appallingly by RM.Well done.

-
phillpk1
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 13 Nov 2013, 01:27
- Gender: Male
BALLOT RESULT WE DID IT. 89.1% YES 73.7% turnout. Stunning
"The company also pointed out that a strike would be self-defeating for staff as they owned a fifth of Royal Mail shares."
well all i can say is now the people who own the company are telling the people who run the company that we dont like the direction they want us to go
well all i can say is now the people who own the company are telling the people who run the company that we dont like the direction they want us to go
-
bertieboy
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 25 Jul 2010, 19:53
- Gender: Male
BALLOT RESULT ANNOUNCEMENT
You assume correctly, Tommytommyrep wrote:I assume and pray you are being facetious!bertieboy wrote:You shouldn't gloat. RM may now lose the business of the solicitor, artist, photographer, optician, antique dealer, book seller, have I missed anybody? Don't forget, also, the £375 pro rata lump sum and the 'improved' pension offer, will now be withdrawn. I'm gutted.mark.cup wrote:PDA's helped with this I reckon
-
Millbank33
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 31 Aug 2015, 11:09
- Gender: Male
BALLOT RESULT WE DID IT. 89.1% YES 73.7% turnout. Stunning
I’m abit new to all this so what are the next steps we take
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
BALLOT RESULT WE DID IT. 89.1% YES 73.7% turnout. Stunning
I thought my forecast of an 80% yes vote was ambitious - Glad to be wrong - Incredible result is an understatement I'd say.
-
banner
- Posts: 125
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 16:38
BALLOT RESULT WE DID IT. 89.1% YES 73.7% turnout. Stunning
C'mon then you postie bashers, let's hear how we are dinosaurs and we've just dug our own graves and we don't know how good we have it and we should've been grateful to just have a job.
C'mon, let's hear how we don't understand the industry and how other companies are going to run in to take all the business. Let's hear about how we are lucky to have any pension at all.
C'mon, let's hear about how we are luddites that won't embrace change and we are underworked and overpaid.
C'mon let's have it!
C'mon, let's hear how we don't understand the industry and how other companies are going to run in to take all the business. Let's hear about how we are lucky to have any pension at all.
C'mon, let's hear about how we are luddites that won't embrace change and we are underworked and overpaid.
C'mon let's have it!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
BALLOT RESULT WE DID IT. 89.1% YES 73.7% turnout. Stunning
Millbank33 wrote:I’m abit new to all this so what are the next steps we take
We wait with bated breath for a strike date to be announced (They must give Royal Mail 2 weeks notice) or for RM and the CWU to hammer out a deal.
To be honest I reckon a deal will be fudged and if we do strike it will be 1 or 2 days at first. An all-out indefinite strike is in my opinion unlikely this side of Christmas.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
BALLOT RESULT WE DID IT. 89.1% YES 73.7% turnout. Stunning
Finally something positive for us to talk about.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
BALLOT RESULT WE DID IT. 89.1% YES 73.7% turnout. Stunning
Well they RM should look long and hard at themselves after all the money and videos presentations they now should properly engage the workforce by the union and negotiate not dictate even the conservative party did not get their ass kicked so hard with a turnout of just 67% in the general election!
-
Rommagic
- Posts: 1512
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52
BALLOT RESULT WE DID IT. 89.1% YES 73.7% turnout. Stunning
So the CWU are meeting on Thursday do they have to give two weeks notice then?.