ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Poll : How did you vote?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.

How did you vote?

Yes
512
93%
No
26
5%
Spoilt the ballot paper
3
1%
I'm not voting 100%
7
1%
 
Total votes: 548

sixfoottwo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 569
Joined: 11 May 2017, 15:15
Gender: Male

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by sixfoottwo »

I am looking to get out before the ship sinks after 20 years but I have voted Yes and I am p/t.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

sixfoottwo wrote:I am looking to get out before the ship sinks after 20 years but I have voted Yes and I am p/t.
Well done mate. :Applause At least you can stick two fingers up to the management as you walk out the door! :thumbup
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by NWpostie »

Got mine and I'm voting YES, the more that vote yes, the better is our negotiating position, the propaganda we're sent is designed to weaken that.

I've seen it before. The last time the workforce voted no to a strike, Royal Mail went the full monty with their unagreed changes until they pushed too far and everybody went out on strike.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16716
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by clashcityrocker »

gary1975 wrote: yeah but Billy Hayes the yes man has gone , Terry pullinger and co mean business
Let's not rewrite history. Billy Hayes was never a yes man.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Jonesy 1971
Posts: 64
Joined: 14 Oct 2015, 14:06
Gender: Male

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by Jonesy 1971 »

I am happy to support the CWU vision for the future, not the RM one. So it had to be a big fat YES from me
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Me I voted

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
kookoo32
Posts: 187
Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by kookoo32 »

Can't see anything other than an overwhelming YES victory. Judging by what I read on here and what it's like in our office none of us are happy with the way things are.
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by Newbie001 »

Voted yes. But according to RMTV everything the CWU is saying is lies. They do not want later starts, they do want to give us pay rise. Our new pension will be wonderful despite older opgs losing thousands and thousands.
Wish I had my ballot back ..... Just so I can vote YES again.
Nonsmokin
Posts: 13
Joined: 28 Mar 2008, 18:49

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by Nonsmokin »

:shhhhh YES :shhhhh :thumbup
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by aiden01 »

Newbie001 wrote:Voted yes. But according to RMTV everything the CWU is saying is lies. They do not want later starts, they do want to give us pay rise. Our new pension will be wonderful despite older opgs losing thousands and thousands.
Wish I had my ballot back ..... Just so I can vote YES again.
And moya has given up all her shares and doesn't work for easy jet :arrrghhh
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by Newbie001 »

Actually read one of those cards today. Mentions that current trials will be implemented nationwide without going into any detail. So people voting no could be signing up for anything really. Do we even know what they're currently trialling.
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by NWpostie »

It's in Royal Mail's interest to undermine the CWU position, what RM wants will not necessarily be to our benefit as the business comes first and they will naturally do whatever they can to weaken our resolve hence all these propaganda cards and mailshots, with the threats to take any "improved" offer off the table, a usual scare tactic, in all honesty I can't see it being any worse and the only way is up.

Hence my voting YES.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by WOBBLY »

Big fat juicy YES from me too :thumbup
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Poll : How did you vote?

Post by Spedley »

Interesting results: 95.3% YES from a 98.6% turnout. I can't imagine it being that good but wonder how accurate it will be on 3rd October.