baldrick wrote:realwages-new-594ba2e4d6fd7 (1).png
I would have thought the ONS graph was quite self explanatory for anyone with a modicum of intelligence.
But this is the ONS source:
ONS: Analysis of real earnings: August 2017
https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlab ... s/articles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

/supplementaryanalysisofaverageweeklyearnings/latest
Nominal wages are neither here nor there - irrelevant really. Its real wages that are relevant. And going by that graph Baldrick it looks like there has been a rate of decline unmatched since the 2008 crash. Real wages are now in negative growth - that is, we are getting poorer over time, we are effectively (in real terms) being paid less relative to our costs (the growth of which is represented by inflation). For eg. - they give us a pay increase of 1% - but inflation is 2%. Therefore we are worse off that year by 1% - which for us is what, say a fiver pay cut in real terms ?
(As an aside, whats causing the inflation ? Its not rising wages thats for sure - its QE. Too much money chasing too few goods. Thats right folks - they are pumping more money into the economy and, as mad as it sounds, its actually making us (you and I that is) poorer. I'll not go into the impact of money printing on pensions. In the immortal words of John Lydon - ''Ever get the feeling you've been conned ?' )
So yes, I'd say 'plummeted' is a fair description.
Of course, if people are intent on not seeing the wood for the trees...
