ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
-
Stewface
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 18:12
- Gender: Male
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
I wear Blue shirts in the Summer months and Red Polo in the cooler months, as I find the Blue shirts cooler and allow more air movement around my body.
In my office it's generally the under 50's wear Red Polos and the Over 50's wear Blue Shirts, there are a few exceptions.
In my office it's generally the under 50's wear Red Polos and the Over 50's wear Blue Shirts, there are a few exceptions.
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
Red polo/shorts March-Nov
Long sleeved shirt/long trousers Nov-Feb
That's how I roll...(mid 40's)
Long sleeved shirt/long trousers Nov-Feb
That's how I roll...(mid 40's)
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
blue1873
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 8914
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
- Gender: Male
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
The quality of the shirts is disgraceful, as for the red polo and "charcoal " (brown to my eyes) trousers, aghh!!!
with PDA in hand delivery staff are going about the streets looking like meter readers for Eon ....its a disgraceful
Royal Mail uniform and while i'm on this rant "bring the thermal jacket with detachable sleeves" and Clarks shoes
ah! Happy and better days

with PDA in hand delivery staff are going about the streets looking like meter readers for Eon ....its a disgraceful
Royal Mail uniform and while i'm on this rant "bring the thermal jacket with detachable sleeves" and Clarks shoes
ah! Happy and better days
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2041
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
Judgee wrote:Red polos are designed to make everyone look fat. Even the thin people in our office look like porkers in them!
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
It was blue for boys and red for girls when I were a lad.
But now it looks like blue for the old 'uns and red for the young 'uns.
But now it looks like blue for the old 'uns and red for the young 'uns.
-
sweepster70
- Posts: 500
- Joined: 24 Jul 2017, 23:16
- Gender: Male
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
I wear the blue shirts as I find them cooler in the Summer.
In the winter, I just wrap up more.
I just wish they still had the Summer and Winter pants with the red piping on the pockets.
In the winter, I just wrap up more.
I just wish they still had the Summer and Winter pants with the red piping on the pockets.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
"pants"sweepster70 wrote:I wear the blue shirts as I find them cooler in the Summer.
In the winter, I just wrap up more.
I just wish they still had the Summer and Winter pants with the red piping on the pockets.
Royal Mail supplying underwear must have been before my time.
-
Alexei
- Posts: 222
- Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
- Gender: Male
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
I have both. Don't really have a preference, although the polo gets bobbly after a few washes, and is thicker than the shirt, so often avoid during summer on the particularly warm day.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
lapse long and Royal Mail will prosper.greengiant wrote:Red shirts for the poor souls who got beamed down to a class M planet for their lapsing...
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
Lounge Lizard wrote:"pants"sweepster70 wrote:I wear the blue shirts as I find them cooler in the Summer.
In the winter, I just wrap up more.
I just wish they still had the Summer and Winter pants with the red piping on the pockets.
Royal Mail supplying underwear must have been before my time.

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
Wearing them must mean real dedication to the job.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:"pants"sweepster70 wrote:I wear the blue shirts as I find them cooler in the Summer.
In the winter, I just wrap up more.
I just wish they still had the Summer and Winter pants with the red piping on the pockets.
Royal Mail supplying underwear must have been before my time.
-
sweepster70
- Posts: 500
- Joined: 24 Jul 2017, 23:16
- Gender: Male
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
I guess you're from down south as we call them pants up North. What you showed, we call underpants. The clues in the name UNDER PANTS, they go under your pants. We also have a tea time around 5pm as our dinner time is around midday.Lounge Lizard wrote:"pants"sweepster70 wrote:I wear the blue shirts as I find them cooler in the Summer.
In the winter, I just wrap up more.
I just wish they still had the Summer and Winter pants with the red piping on the pockets.
Royal Mail supplying underwear must have been before my time.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
Yes, "from down south" not "up North" but my understanding was that across Britain 'pants' or 'under pants' were worn under 'trousers' or 'shorts' and that only across the Atlantic were 'trousers' referred to as 'pants'.sweepster70 wrote:I guess you're from down south as we call them pants up North. What you showed, we call underpants. The clues in the name UNDER PANTS, they go under your pants. We also have a tea time around 5pm as our dinner time is around midday.Lounge Lizard wrote:"pants"sweepster70 wrote:I wear the blue shirts as I find them cooler in the Summer.
In the winter, I just wrap up more.
I just wish they still had the Summer and Winter pants with the red piping on the pockets.
Royal Mail supplying underwear must have been before my time.
I don't mind if I have a lunch or a dinner around midday and a tea, dinner or supper around 5pm.
And residing so far from Scotland I wouldn't know if anything is worn under the kilt !
-
sweepster70
- Posts: 500
- Joined: 24 Jul 2017, 23:16
- Gender: Male
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
You're right about trousers/pants.Lounge Lizard wrote:Yes, "from down south" not "up North" but my understanding was that across Britain 'pants' or 'under pants' were worn under 'trousers' or 'shorts' and that only across the Atlantic were 'trousers' referred to as 'pants'.sweepster70 wrote:I guess you're from down south as we call them pants up North. What you showed, we call underpants. The clues in the name UNDER PANTS, they go under your pants. We also have a tea time around 5pm as our dinner time is around midday.Lounge Lizard wrote:"pants"sweepster70 wrote:I wear the blue shirts as I find them cooler in the Summer.
In the winter, I just wrap up more.
I just wish they still had the Summer and Winter pants with the red piping on the pockets.
Royal Mail supplying underwear must have been before my time.
I don't mind if I have a lunch or a dinner around midday and a tea, dinner or supper around 5pm.![]()
And residing so far from Scotland I wouldn't know if anything is worn under the kilt !![]()
![]()
I've always called them pants/underpants (undies for short) and so do mostly everyone around the North West. We also call pants Kecks (sp)
One of my pet hates is the word Lawyer and not Solicitor.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
But a solicitor is a lawyer as are other professionals who practice law including advocates, barristers, attorneys and chartered legal executives - but maybe it's not like that "up north".sweepster70 wrote:You're right about trousers/pants.Lounge Lizard wrote:Yes, "from down south" not "up North" but my understanding was that across Britain 'pants' or 'under pants' were worn under 'trousers' or 'shorts' and that only across the Atlantic were 'trousers' referred to as 'pants'.sweepster70 wrote:I guess you're from down south as we call them pants up North. What you showed, we call underpants. The clues in the name UNDER PANTS, they go under your pants. We also have a tea time around 5pm as our dinner time is around midday.Lounge Lizard wrote:"pants"sweepster70 wrote:I wear the blue shirts as I find them cooler in the Summer.
In the winter, I just wrap up more.
I just wish they still had the Summer and Winter pants with the red piping on the pockets.
Royal Mail supplying underwear must have been before my time.
I don't mind if I have a lunch or a dinner around midday and a tea, dinner or supper around 5pm.![]()
And residing so far from Scotland I wouldn't know if anything is worn under the kilt !![]()
![]()
I've always called them pants/underpants (undies for short) and so do mostly everyone around the North West. We also call pants Kecks (sp)
One of my pet hates is the word Lawyer and not Solicitor.