ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Stewface
Posts: 47
Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 18:12
Gender: Male

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by Stewface »

I wear Blue shirts in the Summer months and Red Polo in the cooler months, as I find the Blue shirts cooler and allow more air movement around my body.

In my office it's generally the under 50's wear Red Polos and the Over 50's wear Blue Shirts, there are a few exceptions.
Cedar_Room
Posts: 826
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by Cedar_Room »

Red polo/shorts March-Nov

Long sleeved shirt/long trousers Nov-Feb

That's how I roll...(mid 40's)
“Shorts,in this weather?!”

“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”

“What’s she been ordering now?”
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8914
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by blue1873 »

The quality of the shirts is disgraceful, as for the red polo and "charcoal " (brown to my eyes) trousers, aghh!!!
with PDA in hand delivery staff are going about the streets looking like meter readers for Eon ....its a disgraceful
Royal Mail uniform and while i'm on this rant "bring the thermal jacket with detachable sleeves" and Clarks shoes
ah! Happy and better days :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!
twoloops
Posts: 2041
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by twoloops »

Judgee wrote:Red polos are designed to make everyone look fat. Even the thin people in our office look like porkers in them! :neutral:
:Very Happy Superb they are very good for hiding bellies, not many can wear one tucked in
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by Lounge Lizard »

It was blue for boys and red for girls when I were a lad. :thumbup
But now it looks like blue for the old 'uns and red for the young 'uns.
sweepster70
Posts: 500
Joined: 24 Jul 2017, 23:16
Gender: Male

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by sweepster70 »

I wear the blue shirts as I find them cooler in the Summer.
In the winter, I just wrap up more.
I just wish they still had the Summer and Winter pants with the red piping on the pockets.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by Lounge Lizard »

sweepster70 wrote:I wear the blue shirts as I find them cooler in the Summer.
In the winter, I just wrap up more.
I just wish they still had the Summer and Winter pants with the red piping on the pockets.
"pants"
Royal Mail supplying underwear must have been before my time. :shock:
Alexei
Posts: 222
Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
Gender: Male

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by Alexei »

I have both. Don't really have a preference, although the polo gets bobbly after a few washes, and is thicker than the shirt, so often avoid during summer on the particularly warm day.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

greengiant wrote:Red shirts for the poor souls who got beamed down to a class M planet for their lapsing... :Boo hoo!
lapse long and Royal Mail will prosper. :oops: :oops:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
sweepster70 wrote:I wear the blue shirts as I find them cooler in the Summer.
In the winter, I just wrap up more.
I just wish they still had the Summer and Winter pants with the red piping on the pockets.
"pants"
Royal Mail supplying underwear must have been before my time. :shock:
Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by Lounge Lizard »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
sweepster70 wrote:I wear the blue shirts as I find them cooler in the Summer.
In the winter, I just wrap up more.
I just wish they still had the Summer and Winter pants with the red piping on the pockets.
"pants"
Royal Mail supplying underwear must have been before my time. :shock:
Image
Wearing them must mean real dedication to the job. :thumbup :nana
sweepster70
Posts: 500
Joined: 24 Jul 2017, 23:16
Gender: Male

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by sweepster70 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
sweepster70 wrote:I wear the blue shirts as I find them cooler in the Summer.
In the winter, I just wrap up more.
I just wish they still had the Summer and Winter pants with the red piping on the pockets.
"pants"
Royal Mail supplying underwear must have been before my time. :shock:
I guess you're from down south as we call them pants up North. What you showed, we call underpants. The clues in the name UNDER PANTS, they go under your pants. We also have a tea time around 5pm as our dinner time is around midday. :thumbup
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by Lounge Lizard »

sweepster70 wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
sweepster70 wrote:I wear the blue shirts as I find them cooler in the Summer.
In the winter, I just wrap up more.
I just wish they still had the Summer and Winter pants with the red piping on the pockets.
"pants"
Royal Mail supplying underwear must have been before my time. :shock:
I guess you're from down south as we call them pants up North. What you showed, we call underpants. The clues in the name UNDER PANTS, they go under your pants. We also have a tea time around 5pm as our dinner time is around midday. :thumbup
Yes, "from down south" not "up North" but my understanding was that across Britain 'pants' or 'under pants' were worn under 'trousers' or 'shorts' and that only across the Atlantic were 'trousers' referred to as 'pants'.
I don't mind if I have a lunch or a dinner around midday and a tea, dinner or supper around 5pm. :thumbup :cuppa
And residing so far from Scotland I wouldn't know if anything is worn under the kilt ! :crazy: :Applause :dance
sweepster70
Posts: 500
Joined: 24 Jul 2017, 23:16
Gender: Male

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by sweepster70 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
sweepster70 wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
sweepster70 wrote:I wear the blue shirts as I find them cooler in the Summer.
In the winter, I just wrap up more.
I just wish they still had the Summer and Winter pants with the red piping on the pockets.
"pants"
Royal Mail supplying underwear must have been before my time. :shock:
I guess you're from down south as we call them pants up North. What you showed, we call underpants. The clues in the name UNDER PANTS, they go under your pants. We also have a tea time around 5pm as our dinner time is around midday. :thumbup
Yes, "from down south" not "up North" but my understanding was that across Britain 'pants' or 'under pants' were worn under 'trousers' or 'shorts' and that only across the Atlantic were 'trousers' referred to as 'pants'.
I don't mind if I have a lunch or a dinner around midday and a tea, dinner or supper around 5pm. :thumbup :cuppa
And residing so far from Scotland I wouldn't know if anything is worn under the kilt ! :crazy: :Applause :dance
You're right about trousers/pants.
I've always called them pants/underpants (undies for short) and so do mostly everyone around the North West. We also call pants Kecks (sp)
One of my pet hates is the word Lawyer and not Solicitor.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by Lounge Lizard »

sweepster70 wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
sweepster70 wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
sweepster70 wrote:I wear the blue shirts as I find them cooler in the Summer.
In the winter, I just wrap up more.
I just wish they still had the Summer and Winter pants with the red piping on the pockets.
"pants"
Royal Mail supplying underwear must have been before my time. :shock:
I guess you're from down south as we call them pants up North. What you showed, we call underpants. The clues in the name UNDER PANTS, they go under your pants. We also have a tea time around 5pm as our dinner time is around midday. :thumbup
Yes, "from down south" not "up North" but my understanding was that across Britain 'pants' or 'under pants' were worn under 'trousers' or 'shorts' and that only across the Atlantic were 'trousers' referred to as 'pants'.
I don't mind if I have a lunch or a dinner around midday and a tea, dinner or supper around 5pm. :thumbup :cuppa
And residing so far from Scotland I wouldn't know if anything is worn under the kilt ! :crazy: :Applause :dance
You're right about trousers/pants.
I've always called them pants/underpants (undies for short) and so do mostly everyone around the North West. We also call pants Kecks (sp)
One of my pet hates is the word Lawyer and not Solicitor.
But a solicitor is a lawyer as are other professionals who practice law including advocates, barristers, attorneys and chartered legal executives - but maybe it's not like that "up north". :cuppa