I think i may put in a request for one, probably won't get it but it may stop the manager making snide commentswf wrote:Yes there is such a thing .
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Left-handed frame??
-
shadowlost
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 11 Apr 2013, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Left-handed frame??
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Left-handed frame??
I bet I don't, hold all mail in left hand and put into frame with right.shadowlost wrote:I also use a knife and fork right- handed and do many other things right-handed, but i bet you throw your d2ds in with your left handShaders wrote:I'm left handed but never even thought about it, but I do a few things right handed like hold a knife and fork so must be a bit ambidextrous.
Also pull it back out with right
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
Left-handed frame??
I'm right-handed.
Throw in with right hand.
Hold bundle (of mail) in right hand.
Post mail through letter boxes with left hand, usually whilst holding the (letterbox) flap open with right hand.
So many innuendos.
Throw in with right hand.
Hold bundle (of mail) in right hand.
Post mail through letter boxes with left hand, usually whilst holding the (letterbox) flap open with right hand.
So many innuendos.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Left-handed frame??
Always use right handScousePostie wrote:I'm right-handed.
Throw in with right hand.
Hold bundle (of mail) in right hand.
Post mail through letter boxes with left hand, usually whilst holding the (letterbox) flap open with right hand.
So many innuendos.
-
baz284
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 30 Oct 2009, 20:19
- Gender: Male
Left-handed frame??
You could ask whoever does the labelling to do you strips back to front , laminate them and just temporarily stick them onto your frame, I have done this at my office for someone who was left handed, the labels won't change the aplus if the person who does them uses a blank label which is usually an excel file and puts your delivery order in manually. Though if you are usually on the delivery then the temporary labels could just be for right ganders, this is not difficult to do and can't understand why it's not done more often.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Left-handed frame??
won't have that problem when one wave comes in, you won't even have a frame to use :)
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12200
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Left-handed frame??
One wave won't ever happen, some DOs wouldn't get their sequenced mail until the following day, unless you want to be out on delivery well into the eveningdoorstepped wrote:won't have that problem when one wave comes in, you won't even have a frame to use :)
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Left-handed frame??
one wave will happen, it's just won't work.
RM will bring it in as it's their new baby, but much like some of their amazing brainfarts it will fail.
RM will bring it in as it's their new baby, but much like some of their amazing brainfarts it will fail.
-
loverman shabba
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
- Gender: Male
Left-handed frame??
snapScousePostie wrote:I'm right-handed.
Throw in with right hand.
Hold bundle (of mail) in right hand.
Post mail through letter boxes with left hand, usually whilst holding the (letterbox) flap open with right hand.
So many innuendos.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Left-handed frame??
I'm cack handed and have never thought about this, i still manage to prep a frame quick enough... I don't think it makes much difference.
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Left-handed frame??
One right handed guy in our office sorts left handed as the guy that trained him was left handed always know when he's been sorting flats as they're upside down 
-
nuisance
- Posts: 215
- Joined: 06 Oct 2016, 12:57
- Gender: Female
Left-handed frame??
I'm left handed and have returned to doing this job after a fifteen year break. Now I don't get to do my own prep its been bugging me that the flats are nearly always upside down - this explains it, so thanks!
-
woofwoof
- Posts: 1516
- Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
- Gender: Male
- Location: stinky land
Left-handed frame??
Tell them that's how you want your frame doing as for your day off cover get another left hander to prep the walk on that dayshadowlost wrote:Yes, that would be ideal, however i don't think my day off cover would/ should be able to adapt.woofwoof wrote:Would your frame be better printed from bottom right to the top left rows
( although left-handers are expected to do so)
-
sweepster70
- Posts: 500
- Joined: 24 Jul 2017, 23:16
- Gender: Male
Left-handed frame??
I'm left handed and have never even thought about it.
When I was on delivery, I prepped with my left hand, but threw it into the frame the way a right handed person would.
I just picked the letter/flat up holding the side closest to my body.
Never failed a prep test.
When I was on delivery, I prepped with my left hand, but threw it into the frame the way a right handed person would.
I just picked the letter/flat up holding the side closest to my body.
Never failed a prep test.
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Left-handed frame??
Yep that's how it is, my parter is a left hander and my bundles are mostly upsidedown, every single large flat, so the top lines of the adress disappear. It was trritating at first but I got used to it.plaguelift wrote:Of course it is serious!! Think about it you right handers. Us right handers grab the letter by the right hand side of the envelope and put it in the frame, therefore the address facing the left hand side of the frame. Bundling up is straight forward. If you are left handed you would take the letter by the left hand side, prep it in the frame with the address facing right, so when you bundle up, all the letters are facing the wrong way. Royal Mail does not cater for left handers.arnold cheshire wrote:Is this a serious question?