ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Left-handed frame??

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
shadowlost
Posts: 11
Joined: 11 Apr 2013, 11:31
Gender: Male

Left-handed frame??

Post by shadowlost »

wf wrote:Yes there is such a thing .
I think i may put in a request for one, probably won't get it but it may stop the manager making snide comments :Very Happy
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Left-handed frame??

Post by Shaders »

shadowlost wrote:
Shaders wrote:I'm left handed but never even thought about it, but I do a few things right handed like hold a knife and fork so must be a bit ambidextrous.
I also use a knife and fork right- handed and do many other things right-handed, but i bet you throw your d2ds in with your left hand
I bet I don't, hold all mail in left hand and put into frame with right.
Also pull it back out with right
ScousePostie
Posts: 273
Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
Gender: Male

Left-handed frame??

Post by ScousePostie »

I'm right-handed.
Throw in with right hand.
Hold bundle (of mail) in right hand.
Post mail through letter boxes with left hand, usually whilst holding the (letterbox) flap open with right hand.

So many innuendos.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Left-handed frame??

Post by aiden01 »

ScousePostie wrote:I'm right-handed.
Throw in with right hand.
Hold bundle (of mail) in right hand.
Post mail through letter boxes with left hand, usually whilst holding the (letterbox) flap open with right hand.

So many innuendos.
Always use right hand :dance :dance
baz284
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 13
Joined: 30 Oct 2009, 20:19
Gender: Male

Left-handed frame??

Post by baz284 »

You could ask whoever does the labelling to do you strips back to front , laminate them and just temporarily stick them onto your frame, I have done this at my office for someone who was left handed, the labels won't change the aplus if the person who does them uses a blank label which is usually an excel file and puts your delivery order in manually. Though if you are usually on the delivery then the temporary labels could just be for right ganders, this is not difficult to do and can't understand why it's not done more often.
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Left-handed frame??

Post by doorstepped »

won't have that problem when one wave comes in, you won't even have a frame to use :)
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12200
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Left-handed frame??

Post by SpacePhoenix »

doorstepped wrote:won't have that problem when one wave comes in, you won't even have a frame to use :)
One wave won't ever happen, some DOs wouldn't get their sequenced mail until the following day, unless you want to be out on delivery well into the evening
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Left-handed frame??

Post by doorstepped »

one wave will happen, it's just won't work.
RM will bring it in as it's their new baby, but much like some of their amazing brainfarts it will fail.
loverman shabba
Posts: 238
Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
Gender: Male

Left-handed frame??

Post by loverman shabba »

ScousePostie wrote:I'm right-handed.
Throw in with right hand.
Hold bundle (of mail) in right hand.
Post mail through letter boxes with left hand, usually whilst holding the (letterbox) flap open with right hand.

So many innuendos.
snap
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Left-handed frame??

Post by Jpro747 »

I'm cack handed and have never thought about this, i still manage to prep a frame quick enough... I don't think it makes much difference.
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Left-handed frame??

Post by glenfiddich »

One right handed guy in our office sorts left handed as the guy that trained him was left handed always know when he's been sorting flats as they're upside down :thumbup
nuisance
Posts: 215
Joined: 06 Oct 2016, 12:57
Gender: Female

Left-handed frame??

Post by nuisance »

I'm left handed and have returned to doing this job after a fifteen year break. Now I don't get to do my own prep its been bugging me that the flats are nearly always upside down - this explains it, so thanks!
woofwoof
Posts: 1516
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
Gender: Male
Location: stinky land

Left-handed frame??

Post by woofwoof »

shadowlost wrote:
woofwoof wrote:Would your frame be better printed from bottom right to the top left rows
Yes, that would be ideal, however i don't think my day off cover would/ should be able to adapt.
( although left-handers are expected to do so)
Tell them that's how you want your frame doing as for your day off cover get another left hander to prep the walk on that day
sweepster70
Posts: 500
Joined: 24 Jul 2017, 23:16
Gender: Male

Left-handed frame??

Post by sweepster70 »

I'm left handed and have never even thought about it.
When I was on delivery, I prepped with my left hand, but threw it into the frame the way a right handed person would.
I just picked the letter/flat up holding the side closest to my body.
Never failed a prep test.
enskied
Posts: 1877
Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
Gender: Male

Left-handed frame??

Post by enskied »

plaguelift wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote:Is this a serious question?
Of course it is serious!! Think about it you right handers. Us right handers grab the letter by the right hand side of the envelope and put it in the frame, therefore the address facing the left hand side of the frame. Bundling up is straight forward. If you are left handed you would take the letter by the left hand side, prep it in the frame with the address facing right, so when you bundle up, all the letters are facing the wrong way. Royal Mail does not cater for left handers.
Yep that's how it is, my parter is a left hander and my bundles are mostly upsidedown, every single large flat, so the top lines of the adress disappear. It was trritating at first but I got used to it.