ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RM footwear

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

RM footwear

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

Most uniform does not require your lino to authorise, unless you exceed the allowance. You can do it yourself at...

http://detail.dimensions.co.uk/RoyalMai ... sCookies=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Username is your payroll number, password is "Delivery" by default (which you can change if you wish)
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

RM footwear

Post by greengiant »

IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:Most uniform does not require your lino to authorise, unless you exceed the allowance. You can do it yourself at...

http://detail.dimensions.co.uk/RoyalMai ... sCookies=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Username is your payroll number, password is "Delivery" by default (which you can change if you wish)
Yes, but i have already exceeded my allowance, seeing as i last ordered new footware 5 weeks ago...
sf25
Posts: 43
Joined: 22 Apr 2012, 13:57
Gender: Male

RM footwear

Post by sf25 »

I have ordered the Reebok trail shoes that someone posted a link to earlier. I have a friend that is a podiatrist and without checking (as she is far too busy at the moment) she has suggested I have Planter Fasciitis. I will go to the doctor this week and get checked because I am in agony at the moment, its like a shooting plain going through my heel. Shocking how Royal Mail can say they are appropriate footwear for the amount of walking we do.
loverman shabba
Posts: 238
Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
Gender: Male

RM footwear

Post by loverman shabba »

http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-su ... e=18301303" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ive just got these. had 2 pairs of karrimor previous last roughly 3 months but my feet have been thanking me for it
Clared
Posts: 122
Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
Gender: Female

RM footwear

Post by Clared »

loverman shabba wrote:http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-su ... e=18301303

ive just got these. had 2 pairs of karrimor previous last roughly 3 months but my feet have been thanking me for it
Bought a couple pair of gelert shoes from Sports Direct have to say they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever bought. Got collared about wearing my own shoes so I showed them my old magnum ones & they let me off. So I have ordered some new 'clown' shoes which hopefully will be an improvement on them because they have only lasted less than 3 months
Stewface
Posts: 47
Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 18:12
Gender: Male

RM footwear

Post by Stewface »

Ive got a pair of the red clown shoes, to start with i thought they were great, light and felt supportive. However after wearing them for 2 weeks, i seem to have developed plantar fascticas, absolute agony after my first 2 loops every day.
Ive removed the standard insoles, these were the thinest insoles I have ever seen, and offer no support to the instep, and the inside of the shoe is as hard as concrete with no raised instep, no wonder my feet are now ruined. Who did Royal Mail get to test these shoes, Shergar...........
Ive since added some hard insoles i had moulded to my feet, and a pair of Gel insoles, an improvement but by no means a cure.
If anyone gets these clown shoes, get some decent insoles before wearing them. My DOM said Royal Mail supply orthodotic insoles "ask your line manager to order them", asked my lino, but he knew nothing about it. Someones lying........ to be continued......
wookie
Posts: 319
Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
Gender: Male

RM footwear

Post by wookie »

Wear white trainers. You will be questioned and the manager WILL get you a new pair regardless of how long you worn RM footwear.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

RM footwear

Post by peshwaarinaan »

Alexei wrote:Is it twice per calendar year you get the £30 allowance? Will be trying this shortly, although i expect my manager to dig in and not pay out.
I claimed in May and they paid me a couple of weeks ago............
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

RM footwear

Post by peshwaarinaan »

sf25 wrote:I have ordered the Reebok trail shoes that someone posted a link to earlier. I have a friend that is a podiatrist and without checking (as she is far too busy at the moment) she has suggested I have Planter Fasciitis. I will go to the doctor this week and get checked because I am in agony at the moment, its like a shooting plain going through my heel. Shocking how Royal Mail can say they are appropriate footwear for the amount of walking we do.
I've just been diagnosed with PF too along with Metatarsalgia. I'm in bloody agony!!!!! I went to see the DOM yesterday to ask if he could refer me to Occupational Health. He basically told me to look for another job as I wasn't up to it. I've got the union involved now. What a shower of s**t RM are.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

RM footwear

Post by peshwaarinaan »

Justanotherstar wrote:reebok have got their goretex trainers on sale...just ordered a pair using code EXTRA20 for £29.99 delivered...they generally last at least 6 months
Just ordered these ones...
http://www.reebok.co.uk/trailgrip-rs-5. ... BD4155_650" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Comfortable and waterproof :thumbup
Have you got a specific link please? That link brings up over 700 items. Thanks.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16716
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

RM footwear

Post by clashcityrocker »

sf25 wrote:Shocking how Royal Mail can say they are appropriate footwear for the amount of walking we do.
I find standing on the IPS for hours hurts my feet far more than any amount of walking.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

RM footwear

Post by aiden01 »

peshwaarinaan wrote:
Alexei wrote:Is it twice per calendar year you get the £30 allowance? Will be trying this shortly, although i expect my manager to dig in and not pay out.
I claimed in May and they paid me a couple of weeks ago............
Like I said in reply to some of your posts in another thread I always get paid within 10 to 14 days glad you finally got paid what is rightfully yours. whole process is in downloads section and quite easy to understand.
dave0876
Posts: 154
Joined: 19 Apr 2008, 12:09

RM footwear

Post by dave0876 »

Don't do what i did and grin and bear it, my feet are now f****d and im leaving the buisness on IHR with chronic Plantar Fasciitis.One week to go and im out.